Author Topic: Musicological banter  (Read 864837 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Musicological banter
« Reply #2130 on: December 09, 2019, 03:16:34 pm »
^ either i'm high on life, or someone is playing tricks on me (someone = moderator?).  i'm positive i threw my previous post into a new thread.  dammit.  maybe i'm just old.

off to correct.
<sig>

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #2131 on: December 11, 2019, 09:39:27 pm »
"O Holy Night" is a terrible song that tries too hard.
😐 🎶

vansmack

« Reply #2132 on: December 12, 2019, 04:31:54 pm »
Kesha, featuring Brian Wilson and Sturgill Simpson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ2iBrXVkRY
27>34

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
😐 🎶

Space Freely

« Reply #2134 on: December 15, 2019, 10:33:33 pm »
Unlucky Dischord Records Intern Draws Ian MacKaye for Office Secret Santa

He could give Ian a new semi-talented 25 year old girlfriend that he could trade in the old one for and form a lame duet with.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2135 on: December 19, 2019, 09:33:29 pm »
An effort is under way to get Jarvis Cockers decade old song “Running The World” to the number one spot on the UK charts for Christmas. Due to the lyric being “C*unts Are Still Running The World”

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/jarvis-cocker-shares-new-version-of-cnts-are-still-running-the-world/
T.Rex

Yada

« Reply #2136 on: January 07, 2020, 03:27:53 pm »
Anyone catch footage of Beck/St. Vincent fronting Nirvana over the weekend... was kinda awesome.

Yada

« Reply #2137 on: January 07, 2020, 03:39:03 pm »
also... rumors appear to be locked that pearl jam will be in bawlmoor in March.

WALKonBack

« Reply #2138 on: January 07, 2020, 11:09:32 pm »
Anyone catch footage of Beck/St. Vincent fronting Nirvana over the weekend... was kinda awesome.

No.  Can't wait to see.

WALKonBack

« Reply #2139 on: January 07, 2020, 11:10:08 pm »
also... rumors appear to be locked that pearl jam will be in bawlmoor in March.

No.  Fuck that.  No one ordered that, from Amazon.

« Reply #2140 on: January 09, 2020, 02:19:00 pm »
Tommy Stinson
Yesterday at 12:27 PM ·

Here we go again! Tommy solo, east coast. Looking for living rooms, art galleries, churches, bookstores, barber shops, any sort of oddball space with a 50-60 cap, we sell our own tickets. From Baltimore down into Florida. Thank you in advance for any ideas!
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2141 on: January 09, 2020, 05:09:20 pm »
Tommy Stinson

Here we go again! Tommy solo, east coast. Looking for living rooms, art galleries, churches, bookstores, barber shops, any sort of oddball space with a 50-60 cap, we sell our own tickets. From Baltimore down into Florida. Thank you in advance for any ideas!
I love the Replacements, Perfect, and Bash & Pop. But I have seen Stinson's solo stuff several times in the last few years, and I could not care for it AT ALL.
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #2142 on: January 09, 2020, 05:13:16 pm »
I clicked this thread thinking for sure Julian was going to report Bieber's Lyme disease...

And then I was going to ask the question about Canadian Pop Stars and Lyme disease.

And then Sweetcell was provide some link to some bullshit Maple Rag about why Canadians have a higher propensity to get Lyme disease because they're so much nicer than everyone else....

But alas, that's not what Jules posted. 
27>34

« Reply #2143 on: January 09, 2020, 05:14:46 pm »
Tommy Stinson

I love the Replacements, Perfect, and Bash & Pop. But I have seen Stinson's solo stuff several times in the last few years, and I could not care for it AT ALL.
yeah, not sure who he opened up for at the 930 ...but I did think it was meh
Although did meet him post show at close bar and got to shake his hand and say thanks for the music
still would be cool to have him at a house party
wonder what he charges -$5k?
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #2144 on: January 09, 2020, 05:33:55 pm »
Tommy Stinson

yeah, not sure who he opened up for at the 930 ...but I did think it was meh
Although did meet him post show at close bar and got to shake his hand and say thanks for the music
still would be cool to have him at a house party
wonder what he charges -$5k?

He opened for Los Leomonheads. 
I am hoping this show comes through my favorite house concert venue in Baltimore.
I am guessing less than $5k, because these sorts of venues dont typically have any way to make money on a booze, so ticket sales are it.