Author Topic: Musicological banter  (Read 880679 times)

Re: Musicological banter
« Reply #2475 on: September 16, 2021, 02:28:01 pm »
Johnny is pissed and apparently blew ALL his money on lawyers trying to stop the creation of the Pistol tv show
the rest of the band tried to get him involved, but he refused and decided to sue...how very punk rock

one of my favorites.but, he's being a whiny bitch
https://www.nme.com/news/music/john-lydon-says-he-is-in-financial-ruin-after-losing-court-case-against-fellow-sex-pistols-3046126
slack

Starsky

« Reply #2476 on: September 16, 2021, 03:09:51 pm »
I saw a TV interview about this

I think it’s all a bit of an act like it always has been… yet people keep falling for it like the 137th time!

I mean probably he doesn’t like precedent meaning he no longer has veto power over everything but do we really think he spent his money fighting this in court? I can’t see it….

But he wants to promote himself and might even be trying to promote movie. Let’s face it: a movie like this is long overdue … I mean I didn’t even know there was a movie based on Jonesy’s book being made….now we all do… Lydon is too smart not to realize this

The important thing is I saw him on some British tv channel and he looked great…healthy… I seen pictures last few years where he looks like Jabba

Am sorry to hear about Nora. John mentioning her in tv interview made me sad…of course he married a much older woman but got to suck if you are in your sixties and your wife is in her late 70s/80s with Alzheimers

« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 03:23:44 pm by Starsky »

Starsky

« Reply #2477 on: September 16, 2021, 03:32:47 pm »
My guess: this is all an act and around the movie coming out they bury the hatchet in public and tour one last time as the Sex Pistols for a final retirement check… we have to keep in mind Lydon has been playing U St Hall and Black Cat! Cook is touring small places with the Professionals, Matlock plays coffee houses and Jonesy does radio. They all can use the money.

Starsky

« Reply #2478 on: September 16, 2021, 04:13:34 pm »
I know I am talking with myself but what I don’t get is why Lydon’s first autobiography wasn’t made into a movie? That’s the best book about this shit.. I could turn that into a great movie

Instead Disney buys Jonesy’s book rights?

I never understand Hollywood

« Reply #2479 on: September 16, 2021, 05:14:24 pm »
I know I am talking with myself but what I don’t get is why Lydon’s first autobiography wasn’t made into a movie? That’s the best book about this shit.. I could turn that into a great movie

Instead Disney buys Jonesy’s book rights?

I never understand Hollywood
I agree, Lydon's first book is great and yes they could have made a movie from that too
but it was all about johnny and barely talked about the rest of the band (it's been 15 years since I read it)

But Jonesy's book is fantastic...but has very little Johnny in it
and honestly most of it is total flattery and admission that Johnny was a huge part of it all

but Johnny always makes it about him,
It was great to hear Jones' take on it all and how the sound of the pistols came together
as the music on NMTB is really tight (even though the press was like "they don't know how to play their instruments") and was interesting to hear how johnny didn't write all the lyrics
I love hearing how it all came together from someone else besides Johnny or Malcom...who both talk in Hyperbole 24/7

I've said it before and I'll say it agian...you really have to get the Audio book on this with Jonesy delivering all these great stories
one of my favorites of all time
Honestly think that the moive is going to have a hard time re telling that
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 05:17:30 pm by Side-dumbass ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #2480 on: September 16, 2021, 06:47:00 pm »
Lydon:  “This became Walt Disney money versus me. Who do you think’s gonna win?”

Well, yeah.  So why go through it and put yourself in financial ruin, Johnny? No one to blame but yourself for that.

Starsky

« Reply #2481 on: September 16, 2021, 06:48:27 pm »
Because he didn’t…. It’s all BS

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #2482 on: September 16, 2021, 06:52:13 pm »
What isn't BS: there was an interview he did with Tom Snyder back in 97 or so (and this used to be on youtube) where, iirc, he stated he did the final tour and sold his share in the Pistols because "ya gotta put it to bed and move on". And that's apparently how he lost his right to a veto.

C'est la vie....

Starsky

« Reply #2483 on: September 16, 2021, 07:01:31 pm »
I didn’t know that…I never understand any of that stuff…

I really like John Lydon but I don’t put a lot of stock in his public statements.

Come to think of it what was he doing being interviewed in England? I thought he lived in L.A.?

Answer: doing a 60 date UK Q & A tour

This has to be his longest UK tour ever…and it started like the same week - this week- he came out with these statements

He is just trying to move tickets

« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 07:09:51 pm by Starsky »

« Reply #2484 on: September 16, 2021, 08:52:52 pm »
slack

« Reply #2485 on: September 16, 2021, 08:59:06 pm »
Rick Astley is joining forces with Blossoms to do The Smiths
not sure who said it, but I love it
‘I wouldn’t have thought I’d be saying this 30 years ago, but Rick Astley is better than Morrissey in every way I can think of’
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2486 on: September 17, 2021, 10:52:10 am »
Rick Astley is joining forces with Blossoms to do The Smiths
not sure who said it, but I love it
‘I wouldn’t have thought I’d be saying this 30 years ago, but Rick Astley is better than Morrissey in every way I can think of’

Marr has weighed on the concert vid, saying "This is both funny and horrible at the same time."
https://twitter.com/Johnny_Marr/status/1438842357177274369?s=20

in the comments he also says  "Well, I met The Blossoms a few weeks ago and they elected to not mention it. Nice."

"Didn’t mention when we were hanging out a few weeks ago. Must’ve slipped their minds."

and there is also a show on the 25th where Marr and the Blossoms play back to back.... the UK music press will be eating this one up...
T.Rex

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #2487 on: September 19, 2021, 10:07:45 am »
😐 🎶

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2488 on: September 19, 2021, 06:06:05 pm »
^ savage
<sig>