Author Topic: Musicological banter  (Read 863324 times)

Space Freely

Re: Musicological banter
« Reply #2520 on: October 14, 2021, 12:57:57 pm »

Starsky

« Reply #2521 on: October 14, 2021, 01:11:51 pm »
I am thinking like 75….

Sometimes when people get older they begin to speak more frankly….too frankly

Although I would think Paul’s team has to approve everything before it goes to print

It’s just the media making a big deal of the obvious: last week’s story that Lennon broke up the Beatles was just Paul restating what was said fifty years ago. John did break up the Beatles!

Now we are going to question that the Beatles drew from a wider source of music than the Stones?

But I guess some things are better left unsaid

« Reply #2522 on: October 14, 2021, 01:18:26 pm »
I thought Paul was older and wiser than this.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/music/2021/10/13/paul-mccartney-says-rolling-stones-a-blues-cover-band/8439133002/

After a certain age I give people a pass on saying stupid shit
so we can't make fun of old people, but we can excuse them for doing stupid things...not sure how this is supposed to work?
slack

Starsky

« Reply #2523 on: October 14, 2021, 01:37:18 pm »

Just speaking for myself if someone is old I give them a pass on some stuff

Now if they are in politics it’s a bit different

Starsky

« Reply #2524 on: October 14, 2021, 01:48:15 pm »
Charley Drayton is Bob Dylan’s new drummer

Space Freely

« Reply #2525 on: October 15, 2021, 10:48:48 am »
God bless the wonderful Sebastian Bach...

Having a public persona often provides artists a platform to share their views, but it doesn't mean that it won't come without opposition. So when one musician, Staind's Aaron Lewis, used the concert stage to lead a "Fuck Joe Biden" chant in the president's birthplace and later blamed Democrats for "every fucking scar on this country," a rebuttal recently came from Sebastian Bach, who served up an F-bomb response right back.

"I just think for any meathead, ignorant musician that wants to get their crowd chanting, 'Fuck Joe Biden,' okay, anybody who wants to do that, I can say, 'Fuck you and your band, and fuck the guy that came before Joe Biden,' [who] I don't need to speak about anymore," stated Bach to Ultimate Classic Rock while not directly mentioning Lewis or former President Trump.

He then went on to defend the current president stating, "Joe Biden is an old man who has nothing but good intentions for the country, and there's nothing to not like about him. He's trying his hardest to get us back to normal, instead of the shit show that took away rock 'n' roll from us in 2020, and our kids' school, and everything that we know about America. Joe Biden has made America great again, and he's constantly under attack for no reason."

While Bach was vocal about his desire to see new leadership in the U.S. during the last election, he told UCR that he was not necessarily interested in fanning the political flames. "As soon as Joe Biden was elected president, I never mentioned the other guy ever again," he explained. "If you look at my Twitter, I flicked the switch. I go, 'I'm fucking done with that shit.' Because that's not who I am. I'm not out to be having political headlines with my face next to them all the time. But when you hit [science deniers] with hardcore shit like 'two plus two equals four,' those are fighting words to some people. If you hit 'em with shit like math, look out — you're crossing a line, man."

Rather, Bach would prefer to use his social media to promote the need to get vaccinated as the country continues to battle COVID-19 and the Delta variant. "I was stuck in my house [this summer after contracting COVID], and I had to get the fuck out of my house, I was like, 'What can I do to get out of my house?' I was like, 'Holy shit, I have a half a million people that follow me here on Twitter, and that's quite a big amount of people,'" says the singer.

Bach has since been able to return to the road, but remains vigilant in adhering to COVID safety protocols. "I actually do listen to what doctors say," he explains. "I check the news every morning, and lately, the news has been that the COVID cases seem to be going down, and we might actually be turning a corner in the fight to get back to normal. And if it keeps going like that, we're on tour at a really good time."

Starsky

« Reply #2526 on: October 15, 2021, 11:46:23 am »
Word

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2527 on: October 15, 2021, 01:21:06 pm »
that is the first thing i have ever respected sebastian bach for.  ever.
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2528 on: October 15, 2021, 02:53:01 pm »
since we don't have a coming back out of retirement, etc thread...

It's being reported Simon Gallup say's he's rejoined The Cure

guess he had a heart to heart with his financial adivsor
T.Rex

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2529 on: October 15, 2021, 03:15:15 pm »

Starsky

« Reply #2530 on: October 15, 2021, 03:32:54 pm »
That was reported months ago but either way it’s great news

Guessing he had a talk with the boss

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #2531 on: October 15, 2021, 04:28:54 pm »
Now if they would finally release the album they've been talking about for years (and tour)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2532 on: October 16, 2021, 06:06:28 pm »
Arena-rocking Genesis guitarist Mike Rutherford has been using $200 Squier Bullet Strats onstage

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/mike-rutherford-genesis-squier-bullet-strat

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #2533 on: October 18, 2021, 09:46:57 pm »

Maybe this has been posted before but it's new to me.

We coulda had Bryan Ferry. We got David Naughton (YouTube link).

😐 🎶

« Reply #2534 on: October 19, 2021, 10:38:38 am »
no story, just a fun photo of the bassist and guitarist of some unknown bands
slack