Author Topic: Musicological banter  (Read 895208 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Musicological banter
« Reply #3435 on: January 23, 2024, 09:54:10 am »
today I learned that Robert Lopez aka El Vez founded and was the singer in The Zeros, but I'll bet hutch knew this already...
T.Rex

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #3436 on: January 23, 2024, 09:58:54 am »
Pretty sure everyone knew that, except Kosmo apparently.

today I learned that Robert Lopez aka El Vez founded and was the singer in The Zeros, but I'll bet hutch knew this already...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3437 on: January 23, 2024, 10:28:09 am »

Actually, I stand corrected Robert was on rhythm guitar and Javier Escovedo was the singer...

anyways here some great rare TV footage of the Zeros from 1977, drummer clearly not into miming so much...

https://youtu.be/bdeGc04sKio
T.Rex

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3438 on: January 23, 2024, 11:13:37 am »

Actually, I stand corrected Robert was on rhythm guitar and Javier Escovedo was the singer...

anyways here some great rare TV footage of the Zeros from 1977, drummer clearly not into miming so much...

https://youtu.be/bdeGc04sKio

I didn't know any of this and I still don't know what you're talking about.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3439 on: January 30, 2024, 09:56:04 pm »

Yada

« Reply #3440 on: January 31, 2024, 09:23:05 am »

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3441 on: February 12, 2024, 07:40:15 pm »
The Plimsouls buried at the bottom of that 80s show at the Anthem doesn’t involve Peter Case, just Eddie Munoz the lead guitarist.

Per the Wikipedia

In 2016 Muñoz registered a trademark for the band's name, and has been touring as the Plimsouls without Case, Pahoa, or Ramirez. This was all done without Peter Case’s blessing.
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3442 on: February 14, 2024, 02:27:49 am »
corporate music is weird.

Alicia Keys' Super Bowl flub already erased from the official record
Alicia Keys sounded less-than-perfect during the Super Bowl Halftime Show, but you wouldn't know if you watched the YouTube version
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3443 on: February 16, 2024, 11:40:01 am »
The Plimsouls buried at the bottom of that 80s show at the Anthem doesn’t involve Peter Case, just Eddie Munoz the lead guitarist.

Per the Wikipedia

In 2016 Muñoz registered a trademark for the band's name, and has been touring as the Plimsouls without Case, Pahoa, or Ramirez. This was all done without Peter Case’s blessing.

welp Mike Skill just announced he is no longer performing live  with the Romantics, but still a member of the band...
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3444 on: February 21, 2024, 03:43:28 am »
i recently bought myself a guitar as a birthday present.  the missus had some... questions about my purchase.  luckily i did my research in advance, and when she questioned my so-called extravagance i quickly pointed out that, while expensive, it wasn't one of the The 14 most expensive guitars of all time.  some beauts on that list...
<sig>

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #3445 on: February 21, 2024, 10:47:11 am »
What guitar did you buy?

i recently bought myself a guitar as a birthday present.  the missus had some... questions about my purchase.  luckily i did my research in advance, and when she questioned my so-called extravagance i quickly pointed out that, while expensive, it wasn't one of the The 14 most expensive guitars of all time.  some beauts on that list...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3446 on: February 21, 2024, 01:27:56 pm »
What guitar did you buy?

a used but "excellent condition" (tbd) ESP E-II Eclipse, honey burst with fishmans.  the color & pup combo is rare, i've only ever seen seymour duncans on the honey burst.  also got a deal on a Blackstar HT Club 40 MKIII tube amp, and a ridiculously cheap Line 6 Pod HD as a headphone amp/sim.  stuff arrives on friday.  i've fallen off the musical bus in recent years, looking forward to getting back into long nights of scales and noodling...
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #3447 on: February 21, 2024, 01:58:25 pm »
looking forward to getting back into long nights of scales and noodling...

Upon clarification, not sure the missus was concerned about the price

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #3448 on: February 21, 2024, 02:24:08 pm »
Nice....enjoy!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3449 on: February 21, 2024, 02:50:32 pm »
looking forward to getting back into long nights of scales and noodling...

Upon clarification, not sure the missus was concerned about the price

hence the headphone amp

Nice....enjoy!

that's the plan  ;D
<sig>