Author Topic: Is there a worse "band" than Sleigh Bells?  (Read 15794 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: Is there a worse "band" than Sleigh Bells?
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2012, 01:24:15 pm »
First album was pretty good.  Second album not so good.  I saw them live at the Ottobar.  They were entertaining.  I don't know if they were playing at all.  Reminded me of the Kills.

As for worse bands, I could name a million. Starting with Wilco.  No redeeming qualities with them.  How about Deerhunter.  Or how about Drive by Truckers.  Or Clutch or Ryan Adams.  Or pietasters.  Tons of bands much worse than them.
Lol, Clutch worse than Sleigh Bells? You're an asshole hahhaha oh well.
‼‼?‼‼

TheREALHunter

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2012, 01:25:35 pm »
I'm not a Clutch fan but they're fucking Led Zeppelin status compared to Sleigh Bells.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 01:30:20 pm »
The worst band I've ever seen live, without a doubt, is some shyte who supported The Waterboys at Constitution Hall back in the early 80's. "Big Bang Theory" or something like that (they've been blocked out of my memory)

It was just loud noise, literally. By song 3 there was actually more people out in the foyer than in the hall. So I wasn't alone in my opinion.

fatskippy

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2012, 02:05:03 pm »
No one is worse than Skrillex. His music sounds like Optimus Prime trying to fuck a coinstar machine.

atomicfront

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2012, 02:07:49 pm »
First album was pretty good.  Second album not so good.  I saw them live at the Ottobar.  They were entertaining.  I don't know if they were playing at all.  Reminded me of the Kills.

As for worse bands, I could name a million. Starting with Wilco.  No redeeming qualities with them.  How about Deerhunter.  Or how about Drive by Truckers.  Or Clutch or Ryan Adams.  Or pietasters.  Tons of bands much worse than them.
Lol, Clutch worse than Sleigh Bells? You're an asshole hahhaha oh well.

Oh I don't like the outdated boring music that you like.  So sad  Only reason I ever heard of clutch was that they were at 930 club 30th annivesary show.  Just know they are awful.  Love Sleigh Bells  first ablum and so did a lot of other people.  TOo bad for oyou that you don't

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2012, 02:24:06 pm »
I don't recollect posting my disliking Sleigh Bells, I love their albums, I, personally, don't think that Clutch is worse. I think they're miles apart. I'll take a Clutch record/live performance over Sleigh Bells. But again, I do like Sleigh Bells records.
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2012, 02:30:26 pm »
The Waterboys. Now there's a band whose music hasn't aged well.

The worst band I've ever seen live, without a doubt, is some shyte who supported The Waterboys at Constitution Hall back in the early 80's. "Big Bang Theory" or something like that (they've been blocked out of my memory)

It was just loud noise, literally. By song 3 there was actually more people out in the foyer than in the hall. So I wasn't alone in my opinion.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2012, 02:35:28 pm »
sleigh bells > tokio hotel

sleigh bells > hollywood undead

if i think, this list can on for awhile.

atomicfront

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2012, 03:59:58 pm »

I found there first 3 albums on vinyl recently and those albums still sound fresh.  After that they started to suck.   "This is the sea" is a great album.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2012, 04:24:06 pm »

I found there first 3 albums on vinyl recently and those albums still sound fresh.  After that they started to suck.   "This is the sea" is a great album.

Waterboys are at their best and very original with their more 'folksey' work. When they try to become a rock band they just become a barely average rock band.

I love "Room to Roam" and "This is the sea". I bought "Rock in a weary land" and was very disapointed.

hutch

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2012, 04:41:43 pm »
I'll take Karl Wallinger over Mike Scott any day of the week.

Relaxer

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2012, 04:46:34 pm »
I have a recording of Waterboys' set at the 1986 Glastonbury and the 1-2-3 opening shot of Medicine Bow, Be My Enemy and Maggie's Farm is absolutely incredible. Big, booming and rocking all over the place. I'm going home and playing it tonight.
oword

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2012, 04:59:26 pm »

Do you mean in the bedroom? I'm sure Mike is okay with that.

World Party was a global success!!!! NOT

Mike Scott's two solo albums are excellent.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2012, 05:22:45 pm »
Social D
Sigur Ros
Beatles
Afghan Whigs
JAMC
Fugazi

These are the worst bands ever.

hutch

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2012, 06:15:03 pm »

Do you mean in the bedroom? I'm sure Mike is okay with that.

World Party was a global success!!!! NOT

Mike Scott's two solo albums are excellent.

I prefer Goodbye Jumbo over anything the Waterboys put out.. not saying they didn't write some killer songs

I tried with Mike Scott's late 90s album.. can't even remember name... it was so Dylan-derivative it was rather hard to take it seriously.. On the other hand its true that Wallinger is also very derivative..