Author Topic: Is there a worse "band" than Sleigh Bells?  (Read 15801 times)

killsaly

Re: Is there a worse "band" than Sleigh Bells?
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2012, 12:28:19 pm »
Really if you don't like a band is that a reason to start a new thread? 
That is kind of what I was thinking, i just didnt bother typing it out. Essentially every band could get a thread like this. 

I though the 'Post Show Banter' thread was for discussion like this. 

Vas Deferens

« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2012, 12:43:52 pm »
You pitchfork suckers make me sick
(_|_)

imbecile

« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2012, 12:53:27 pm »
^ sleigh bells sold out places because of the hype...not necessarily because people like them.

I am sure it was because people liked them.  I liked them.  Others who went with me liked them.  You are trolling.

Nope, he's got a point.  If this is the same tour where they hit RNRH, they definitely sold out the show on hype and one song.  The RNRH show sold out in a few hours and the only song from them that'd been released at that point was Tell'em or whatever their first single was, that was all anyone had heard of them.  The album wasn't released till later, but prior to the show.  Also, I'm not sure they'd played any live shows at that point, so reviews of their performance certainly weren't forthcoming.

I got tickets based on the hype and that one song (along with everyone else), figuring I'd give the album a spin when it came out and if it lives up the expectations go to the show, otherwise unload the tickets.

*edit - It was Rill Rill (not Tell'em), as that track was released in December 2009 apparently.  Had to go look it up as I knew I was a bit off on dates/names, but the gyst was the same.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 12:59:02 pm by imbecile »

atomicfront

« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2012, 12:56:32 pm »
^ sleigh bells sold out places because of the hype...not necessarily because people like them.

I am sure it was because people liked them.  I liked them.  Others who went with me liked them.  You are trolling.

Nope, he's got a point.  If this is the same tour where they hit RNRH, they definitely sold out the show on hype and one song.  The RNRH show sold out in a few hours and the only song from them that'd been released at that point was Tell'em or whatever their first single was, that was all anyone had heard of them.  The album wasn't released till later, but prior to the show.  Also, I'm not sure they'd played any live shows at that point, so reviews of their performance certainly weren't forthcoming.

I got tickets based on the hype and that one song (along with everyone else), figuring I'd give the album a spin when it came out and if it lives up the expectations go to the show, otherwise unload the tickets.

well we had been listening to sleigh bells album for a couple of months bbefore their ottobar show. you might go to shows because of hype but I do not.  I like their first album.  It had about 8 good pop songs on it.  Better than most albums. 

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2012, 01:04:24 pm »
I'm just bummed that Hot Chip only had an hour to perform given how much material is in their catalogue. It's a shame they couldn't play the club for two nights like their last tour in 2010 - one of my favorite shows at 9:30 that year, and whoever did the lighting then deserves some major props.

Saw Sleight Bells at RNR Hotel - one of the worst shows I've ever attended. Not only because of how slammed the venue gets when it's sold out which makes the experience that less enjoyable, but it was essentially strobe lights and loud noises.

imbecile

« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2012, 01:07:05 pm »

well we had been listening to sleigh bells album for a couple of months bbefore their ottobar show. you might go to shows because of hype but I do not.  I like their first album.  It had about 8 good pop songs on it.  Better than most albums. 

I agree, I quite like the album.  It's a lot of fun.  I got tickets, and the show sold out, due to hype; I went because I liked the album. 

Vas Deferens

« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2012, 01:13:41 pm »
Yeah, you can't ignore the hype given by pitchfork (BNM 8.7) and other blogs... I'm sure a lot of us had given the album a chance...right?
(_|_)

atomicfront

« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2012, 01:49:27 pm »
Yeah, you can't ignore the hype given by pitchfork (BNM 8.7) and other blogs... I'm sure a lot of us had given the album a chance...right?

Well I don't read pitchfork.  Hate their reviews.  Giving Keane's first album a 2.8 and similar scores to coldplay albums and muse albums makes their site a joke.  And I certainly don't read any music blogs.  Some people might just care about whether they like music...some people can make up their minds on their own.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2012, 01:56:05 pm »
I could actually care less about any of those bands, except for the Beatles.

the correct expression is "i COULDN'T care less" - it means that you don't care for them at all, therefore there is no way of caring less for them. 

by saying you could care less for them, it means that you like them at least a little.

you're welcome.

That phrase drive me nuts too...."I could care less" - so you DO care then? "No, I could care less" It's I COULDN'T care less then.......sheeze!

Vas Deferens

« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2012, 02:00:36 pm »
ok where did you hear about Sleigh Bells?
the debut came out May 2010 and the show was July 2010.

Well I don't read pitchfork.  Hate their reviews.  Giving Keane's first album a 2.8 and similar scores to coldplay albums and muse albums makes their site a joke.  And I certainly don't read any music blogs.  Some people might just care about whether they like music...some people can make up their minds on their own.
(_|_)

vansmack

« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2012, 02:36:22 pm »
can we get back to talking about Mike Trout?

2 for 5 with a run scored.  15th straight game he's scored a run.  That's two more than the rookie record set in 1950, but don't worry, there will be an asterisk next to it because they were all garbage time runs.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2012, 02:37:10 pm »
ok where did you hear about Sleigh Bells?

Pillow talk, but I'm not going to tell you what his name was.
27>34

atomicfront

« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2012, 04:13:30 pm »
mars volta. i think everyone can agree on that.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2012, 04:21:08 pm »
mars volta. i think everyone can agree on that.
backed