Author Topic: The 25 Least Douchey Bars in DC  (Read 7351 times)

Yada

The 25 Least Douchey Bars in DC
« on: August 07, 2012, 04:46:37 pm »
Enjoy, and I know you all love the brightest young things folks!

http://www.brightestyoungthings.com/articles/the-least-douchey-bars-in-dc.htm

killsaly

Re: The 25 Least Douchey Bars in DC
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 04:59:14 pm »
I would also add Velvet lounge to that list.  Extremely un-douchey.

James Ford

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 06:33:39 pm »
Why would you need to add it when it's already there?

I would also add Velvet lounge to that list.  Extremely un-douchey.

killsaly

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 07:57:51 pm »
I was skimming it quickly at work and didnt that see they combined it with Dodge City. 

James Ford

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 08:23:42 pm »
Could this list also be called Top 25 bars we don't hang out in?

Yada

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 08:49:47 pm »

Sux you don't get out much Jimmy.

azaghal1981

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 09:06:26 pm »
Velvet has had more than its fair share of douchy moments ever since they started doing the regular DJ night things there.

The idea of a douchy blog compiling a "least douchy" list is funny though.
احمد

James Ford

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 10:01:08 pm »
My comment was meant to state what azag stated...if these are non-douchey bars, byt probably doesn't see the inside of them much.

Sux you don't get out much Jimmy.

hutch

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 11:03:00 pm »
James Ford.. once again the self-anointed expert on douche/non-douche bars he doesn't set foot in since he can't go out since having a kid , no pardon me, since his wife got pregnant, in 2006.

The BYT list is pretty good..first of all, obviously they got it right by putting the Red Room on it...James Ford's remonstrations (hailing from the past millennium) to the contrary notwithstanding.

James Ford

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 08:29:58 am »
I actually DO occasionally go to bars. And with some extra thought can actually think of having technically been in the Red Room once since the smoking ban took effect (but only to use the loo at the first Jens Lekman show).

I just don't blow my family off on a weekly basis to go to a show.  ;) More like once every few months. But you're more likely to see me at "Iotas" than the Black Cat. Better music and better beer.  ;)

James Ford.. once again the self-anointed expert on douche/non-douche bars he doesn't set foot in since he can't go out since having a kid , no pardon me, since his wife got pregnant, in 2006.

The BYT list is pretty good..first of all, obviously they got it right by putting the Red Room on it...James Ford's remonstrations (hailing from the past millennium) to the contrary notwithstanding.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 09:29:52 am »
Velvet has had more than its fair share of douchy moments ever since they started doing the regular DJ night things there.

Hahaha I posted this same thing on my Facebook "Least douchey bars voted by the douchiest blog in DC". I will agree with a lot of these bars though, Velvet is hands down my favorite. I love their back patio, I love the size, I love the space itself, I love the bartenders, it's a little hideaway from the hustle and bustle of the busy U St, on weekends it's pretty packed, but it's never impossible to get from the front door to the back patio or to grab a beer. I always stop in if I'm a few blocks away.
‼‼?‼‼

eros

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 10:06:29 am »
Using "chill" as an adjective seems pretty douchey to me.

Or am I just getting that old?
ʎɐʍou

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 10:09:39 am »
I dunno, I think the "chill" of 2012 actually means that it's.... a chilled out place... as opposed to the 2002 version which meant like.... they played Sublime and you can smoke weed there... or something.
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 11:14:39 am »
So, how many tattoos do you have?

Hahaha I posted this same thing on my Facebook "Least douchey bars voted by the douchiest blog in DC". I will agree with a lot of these bars though, Velvet is hands down my favorite. I love their back patio, I love the size, I love the space itself, I love the bartenders, it's a little hideaway from the hustle and bustle of the busy U St, on weekends it's pretty packed, but it's never impossible to get from the front door to the back patio or to grab a beer. I always stop in if I'm a few blocks away.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 01:08:53 pm »
Zero. Do you think it's a tattoo'd punk bikers club that only sells whiskey or something?  :P
‼‼?‼‼