Author Topic: The 25 Least Douchey Bars in DC  (Read 7343 times)

James Ford

Re: The 25 Least Douchey Bars in DC
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 01:12:48 pm »
It used to be until they started doing those regular dj night things.

Zero. Do you think it's a tattoo'd punk bikers club that only sells whiskey or something?  :P

Yada

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 01:14:06 pm »
I miss Kingpin... now that was an awesome bar.

K8teebug

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2012, 03:18:54 pm »
I was at Passenger a few weeks ago and LOVED IT.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2012, 03:22:52 pm »
It used to be until they started doing those regular dj night things.

Zero. Do you think it's a tattoo'd punk bikers club that only sells whiskey or something?  :P
They still have some of those folks in there, they DO still have a ton of bands that play there all the time. It's rather mixed now I'd say. Ultra hipsters, georgetown yuppies, hippies, etc. Sometimes I wish they had food, although I don't know what they'd have. Doesn't Dodge do brats?
‼‼?‼‼

azaghal1981

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2012, 05:21:49 pm »
What pisses me off about them is that they try pulling off the bands/DJ nights thing concurrently which ruins shows for those who are trying to see the bands if the bands are not playing punk or metal.

Then again, their band bookings fell off dramatically after snailhook left and have never rebounded.
احمد

stevewizzle

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2012, 08:46:44 pm »
I was at Passenger a few weeks ago and LOVED IT.

that bar just does everything right.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2012, 09:48:24 pm »
my picks are always in hotels . . . god they make they make the best bars sometimes.  when you're in the mood.  elevators.  the best, and i mean the best, so go there and drink there.  'the library' bar at the melrose hotel.  small and to the point.  and check out the italian reataurant one block up called 'la perla.'  damn, that's nice.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2012, 09:42:05 am »
What pisses me off about them is that they try pulling off the bands/DJ nights thing concurrently which ruins shows for those who are trying to see the bands if the bands are not playing punk or metal.

Then again, their band bookings fell off dramatically after snailhook left and have never rebounded.

Yeah, I've DJ'd there a bunch of times, unfortunately sometimes on weekdays when there have been shows, and we've been asked to turn it down or to wait until the show is over. I've been to shows up there while DJ's are playing and it's not too bad, I guess unless it's some sort of more mellow music it could suck. But that is a pain.
‼‼?‼‼

azaghal1981

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2012, 10:06:57 am »
They could easily work it out but I don't think they care enough to do so.

If you're doing a mellow show upstairs, start and finish it earlier, for instance.
احمد