Author Topic: Kickstarter Projects  (Read 23189 times)

Rogue Riderhood

Re: Kickstarter Projects
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2014, 04:19:47 pm »
http://www.gofundme.com/charmcityartspace
Charm City Art Space has been an all-ages, drug and alcohol free, music and arts space for almost 13 years. The space is run by a collective of volunteers who are passionate about providing a safe space for acts of all genres to perform.

CCAS' financial status is very fickle and never comfortable. Every month we struggle to make rent and pay our utility bills.

We need your help to give us a safety net. Currently we have $125 in the bank, which would not cover even a quarter of our rent. Anything you can donate to help us would be extremely appreciated. Money is especially tight during winter months when bands don't tour as much and our BGE bill is higher because the heater is turned on.

If you've ever traveled to a show outside of Baltimore, you know that places like CCAS are very rare - often times the only venues are bars or only have 18+ shows. Please help keep us running and keep Baltimore an ideal destination for bands to play.
There are some good rewards for people who like to go to shows there (it is pretty fun space).  I would imagine you should be able to get into any of the shows, even ones like the Titus Andronicus show that was there.
virtual
$5
Donate this amount and receive a shout out on our website and Facebook page.

t-shirt
$15
Donate this amount and receive a CCAS t-shirt.

5 shows
$30
Donate this amount and receive free entry into any five shows at CCAS during 2015. Guaranteed one high five per show.

10 shows
$50
Donate this amount and receive free entry into any 10 shows at CCAS during 2015. A member will do a blind contour drawing of your face.

1 year of shows
$100
Donate this amount and receive free entry to all shows in 2015. We will also create a personalized nickname for you, honey pie.

2 years/shows
$300
Donate this amount and receive free entry to all CCAS shows for 2 years and a hug from every member.

azaghal1981

احمد

vansmack

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2015, 02:47:04 pm »
Just in case folks don't read my thread:

The time is Meow.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/super-troopers-2/x/5949602
27>34

« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2015, 01:39:13 pm »
Bardo is making what looks to be an awesome brewpub between Nat's park and the river

...but they need $200k

So you can help by paying for your July Beer tab in April

« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 01:41:30 pm by Sidehatch »
slack

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2015, 08:44:15 pm »
Where is the, weed smoking area?

« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2015, 05:03:08 pm »
hey former members of ween, take note

Boo hoo, broke bands, quit asking for charity
slack

hutch

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2015, 07:47:16 pm »
hey former members of ween, take note

Boo hoo, broke bands, quit asking for charity

ween has just been pitiful.. i feel like they've set a new record low or something...its amazing to me that with all those shows they saved not one cent.....i know people will use the drugs excuse but i don't think it washes..... i just finished ray charles' autobiography and he was a heroin addict for 15 years and stills saved money consistently.. in fact he writes that he would not have done heroin if it was too expensive...

i don't know what gene and deaner were doing the last 15 years of ween....no savings at all? you make good money for selling out the 930 club and bigger venues...

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2015, 10:46:53 am »
in fact he writes that he would not have done heroin if it was too expensive...

That's what they all say.

« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2015, 11:39:06 am »
VNYL Sliding: Why The ?Netflix For Vinyl? Service Is Such A Mess

This quote was classic
However, it remains an open question just what can be done to fairly compensate those subscribers who bought into VNYL thinking it was ?Netflix for vinyl? when it would end up operating more like ?Columbia House Record Club for random used/overstock albums you might find at a yard sale or storage-locker auction.?
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2015, 12:27:30 pm »
VNYL Sliding: Why The ?Netflix For Vinyl? Service Is Such A Mess

This quote was classic
However, it remains an open question just what can be done to fairly compensate those subscribers who bought into VNYL thinking it was ?Netflix for vinyl? when it would end up operating more like ?Columbia House Record Club for random used/overstock albums you might find at a yard sale or storage-locker auction.?
It kind of says a lot about our society that these people get $36,000 but we can't send Killsaly to see Nickelback. :(
LVMH

hemisphire

« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2018, 10:31:55 am »
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1950118003/fort-reno-concert-series-50th-anniversary-fundrais/posts/2187902

"Today, we started work to extend this year’s series by four shows. Ideally, we’ll be able to plot out a seamless 10 show season. The concerts will begin on Monday, July 2nd and will -- once these additional dates are confirmed -- run through early August. We’ll continue to update this page as we figure out the details. "

« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2018, 11:09:58 am »
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1950118003/fort-reno-concert-series-50th-anniversary-fundrais/posts/2187902

"Today, we started work to extend this year’s series by four shows. Ideally, we’ll be able to plot out a seamless 10 show season. The concerts will begin on Monday, July 2nd and will -- once these additional dates are confirmed -- run through early August. We’ll continue to update this page as we figure out the details. "
New update...

That was fast! A huge thank you to everybody who has chipped in so far. We were able to reach our initial goal in less than 12 hours, which is pretty incredible.

Today, we started work to extend this year’s series by four shows. Ideally, we’ll be able to plot out a seamless 10 show season. The concerts will begin on Monday, July 2nd and will -- once these additional dates are confirmed -- run through early August. We’ll continue to update this page as we figure out the details.

There’s still 23 days left on this campaign! From here on out, the money we raise will help to fund future seasons of Fort Reno. We’ll do our best to come up with some ways to keep it interesting for the remainder of the run.

Again, many heartfelt thanks to you all for the support!
slack

evilizac

« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2018, 11:22:32 am »
So obviously out of left-ish field, but for about a year I'd been trying to convince everyone I knew that making a reusable straw that could fit in a shirt/blouse front pocket or on a keychain would be a winnner. Laughs and scoffs...

Not my product, though I did "buy" one.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/908228738/finalstraw-the-worlds-first-collapsible-reusable-s
WHAT?

« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2018, 01:49:55 pm »
^I bought a finalstraw for my kids too
We have these bamboo straws that are nice, but are starting to get a little dank
I like that this fits in that small container
slack

Yada

« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2018, 01:56:49 pm »
Cool idea... but as a male, are you really going to carry that thing around in your pocket?