Author Topic: good place to eat, drink and be merry near 930 Club before show?  (Read 13807 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: good place to eat, drink and be merry near 930 Club before show?
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2012, 04:50:18 pm »
no, you can eat inside now

Is The Greek Spot still takeout only?
(_|_)

Yada

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2012, 09:09:33 am »
I've lived in the DC area for 15 years, and the Baltimore area for three, and have never been to Ben's.

;D

How is that possible?? I think I ate at Ben's post show for about 75% of the shows I attended from 02' to 09'.

hutch

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2012, 10:34:25 am »
American Ice did not work out. place was a mob scene and my friend couldn't get anyone's attention the five minutes he was there so when I got there he really wanted to leave

honestly, the place seems like a terrible pick..just pure "flavor of the month" go there to be seen and struggle to order and pay for your drinks.

we then took a walk... ben's was a mob scene.. another place on U was a mob scene..vinoteca had a $37 dinner menu.. we left.. ended up at nellie's which was fine although my friend found the food dissapointing..but i liked the place. we could get a table. the beer was fine..service was fine..

Yada

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2012, 12:04:13 pm »
American Ice did not work out. place was a mob scene and my friend couldn't get anyone's attention the five minutes he was there so when I got there he really wanted to leave

honestly, the place seems like a terrible pick..just pure "flavor of the month" go there to be seen and struggle to order and pay for your drinks.

we then took a walk... ben's was a mob scene.. another place on U was a mob scene..vinoteca had a $37 dinner menu.. we left.. ended up at nellie's which was fine although my friend found the food dissapointing..but i liked the place. we could get a table. the beer was fine..service was fine..

Major fail brah, but yeah... trying to dine on U Street on a Friday or a Saturday night after 6pm is a recipe for disaster.

showlistdc

• http://www.showlistdc.com
    • Comprehensive DC-area concert calendar
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2012, 12:05:37 pm »
Suggestion for DC9 on Friday nights when they have dance nights (no bands)-- the downstairs is pretty empty and the garlic fries are delicious.

hutch

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 12:30:38 pm »
if i had to do it all over again i still woudn't know where to go.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2012, 12:35:29 pm »
if i had to do it all over again i still woudn't know where to go.

this pretty much sums up trying to eat on U street on a weekend
(o|o)

Relaxer

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2012, 03:03:48 pm »
There's never a line at 7-11 to get a chili cheese dog and there's always a seat available in your car.
oword

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2012, 03:56:51 pm »
Pretty solid bet it Black & Orange, the burgers are meh, but as a quick place to eat, you walk right in and place your order and sit. Every time I've gone it  hasn't taken long to get my food. Also tried the Brixton, not so bad, but it was rammed when I was in there, getting a beer is a bitch.

EDIT: Chix has some decent chicken, it's not at all the best Peruvian chicken I've had, but we were walking by and wanted chicken. It worked out. I believe it's on 11th between U and V. Anyone tried Tacos El Chilango? It's on V between 11 and 12, but every time I go by it's closed :\
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 03:59:04 pm by DeathFromAbove1979 »
‼‼?‼‼

reggie

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2012, 04:09:12 pm »
^ Taylor Deli across the street from Black and Orange is solid too.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 04:21:55 pm »
Actually had a sandwich from there after I DJd at Blackbyrd on Friday! Not bad, my friend bought it though and I was drunk so I have no idea what kind of sandwich it was.
‼‼?‼‼

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2012, 04:30:57 pm »
Actually had a sandwich from there after I DJd at Blackbyrd on Friday! Not bad, my friend bought it though and I was drunk so I have no idea what kind of sandwich it was.

thank you for your contribution to this discussion

(o|o)

hutch

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2012, 04:32:17 pm »
a lot of these places do not meet the requirements list.....

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2012, 05:13:32 pm »

thank you for your contribution to this discussion

In my face
‼‼?‼‼

Darth Ed

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2012, 12:03:08 am »
I was a big fan of Duffy's until the last time I went in there, about 6 months ago. They'd taken the Shepherd's Pie off the menu, and they no longer had Ommegang Witte on tap. In fact, they didn't have any beers I liked on tap at all. It was sad. I haven't gone back since.

I'll second Ulah Bistro. Kind of pricey, but the food is good. A little pretentious perhaps, but not too bad.

These days, honestly, I mostly go to BEN"S CHILI BOWL if I have time to kill before/after a concert.