Author Topic: The Walkmen  (Read 7180 times)

James Ford

Re: The Walkmen
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2012, 01:11:02 pm »
You can't argue with the way they've honed their sound, both on record and live. At least I can't.

I guess that's 37K x 9Yrs x 4 students=$1,332,000 well spent.

How rock and roll is a band if four of the five members went to a prep school with an annual tuition of 37K?  ;D

they strike me as more professional and careerist than most bands, which is just fine by me.

Yada

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2012, 01:43:14 pm »
Their set was really loud, but I had earplugs.  I liked them.  but, I also really like their latest album and it was a treat to hear "Baby Missles" live. 

They're actually one of my favorite bands, but they seem to always have sound problems...

atomicfront

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 12:19:16 pm »
I bought one of their first couple of albums and it wasn't bad but I really don't like bob dylan and the walkman are sort of a bob dylan rip-off band so I guess I shouldn't like them either.

showlistdc

• http://www.showlistdc.com
    • Comprehensive DC-area concert calendar
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 12:27:10 pm »
How rock and roll is a band if four of the five members went to a prep school with an annual tuition of 37K?  ;D
is this the Animal Collective thread?

atomicfront

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 12:29:37 pm »
is this the Animal Collective thread?

yeasayer went to the same prep-school as animal collective.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 01:14:15 pm »

"Rank amateurs!!!"
- Vampire Weekend
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2013, 02:53:25 pm »
I bought one of their first couple of albums and it wasn't bad but I really don't like bob dylan and the walkman are sort of a bob dylan rip-off band so I guess I shouldn't like them either.

what the hell are you babbling about?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2013, 11:31:53 pm »
http://www.undertheradarmag.com/interviews/camera_obscura_tracyanne_campbell_vs._lloyd_cole/

Tracyanne: I probably don't listen to as much music as people assume I do.

Lloyd: Have you heard The Walkmen? The Walkmen are my favorite rock band.

Tracyanne: I've got a few of their CDs. I'm pretty sure we played a few festivals with them. I do like them.
(o|o)