Author Topic: Beards  (Read 7018 times)

James Ford

Beards
« on: October 05, 2012, 09:28:42 am »
No, this thread is not about Tom Cruise's three ex-wives, it's about male facial hair, and its sexual appeal (or lack thereof).

So I'm 45 and for the first time in my life, on a whim decided to see what a full beard would look like on me. Mind you, I had a goatee for a number of years. And I'm moderately hairy, so I'm guessing it will be full, and not a Johnny Depp shag beard. I'm envisioning something trimmed (and likely gray) like George, not a second pubic bush like Jayson.

So I'm about five or six days into it, and my wife has already started demanding that I shave, or I will have to endure forced celibacy. She says there's no way women could possibly be attracted to men with a beard (It should be noted that I had a goatee when she met me, kept it for six-ish years, and she has requested I grow it back a number of time since I shaved it six-ish years ago.)

I told her that I see numerous men with beards who appear to have girlfriends or wives. But she insists that "They must not be intimate with each other."

Could that really be the case?

Question for the bearded or sometimes bearded guys out there: Has the beard hampered your chances with the ladies? Does it mean less nookie with your partner when you have one than when you don't?

Question for the ladies out there: Do you avoid bearded men? Would you avoid intimacy if your man grew a beard?

eros

Re: Beards
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 10:01:24 am »
I experimented with it during the hockey playoffs.  The wife wanted nothing to do with me.  Maybe it was because mine was somewhat scratchy (or so I was told).

On the bright side, after I shaved she told me I looked 10 pounds lighter and 5 years younger.
ʎɐʍou

hutch

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 10:06:52 am »
Let me say this:

It depends on the person and how you carry it..Not all beards and faces are created alike..I've seen sexy beards and I've seen gross beards..

Yada

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 10:11:17 am »
Let me say this:

It depends on the person and how you carry it..Not all beards and faces are created alike..I've seen sexy beards and I've seen gross beards..

Wait... is hutch a woman?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 10:13:54 am »
Let me say this:

Wait... is hutch a woman?
:D
‼‼?‼‼

bearman🐻

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 10:15:25 am »
Anyone who lets a beard grow in needs to let it fill in. After you trim it the first couple of times, it starts to take on whatever it will become. And yeah, you need to condition it. There's not a lot that goes into beard care, but most of the time it shouldn't be tough. Just my 2 cents as a beardo for 12 years. I won't ever shave mine as long as I have a choice in the matter.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 10:19:36 am »
i have a beard.  who cares.  you have a beard.  who cares.  people like this or they like that.  who cares.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 10:22:58 am »
I've gone the goatee and full beard routes at least a couple of times each.  My wife hates goatees, regardless of style.  She claims I can carry a beard pretty well when it is groomed but it is not her preference.  It does affect, though not impair, intimacy.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 10:23:33 am »
i have a beard.  who cares.  you have a beard.  who cares.  people like this or they like that.  who cares.

Thread over.

shemptiness

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 10:40:50 am »

Yada

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 10:42:31 am »

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 11:09:54 am »
Just get a beard trimmer, find the right length for you.  Level 1 works for me.
(o|o)

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 11:19:18 am »
just like every other possible physical choice you can make, there are going to be people that like it and people that don't. you need to decide for yourself if making that choice is worth the reactions you will get from other people.

if you choose to grow a beard, you need to take care of it.  a little bit of conditioner goes a long way.  letting someone find out what a nice, soft, conditioned beard feels like for the first time can lead to good times for sure.

also, this:

http://youtu.be/KlgbKIswpzI

vansmack

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2012, 01:18:08 pm »
I only like beards on my boyfriends.
27>34

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 01:34:27 pm »