Author Topic: Robert Griffin III  (Read 80364 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: Robert Griffin III
« Reply #165 on: January 08, 2013, 12:51:12 pm »
So how long until he drops this whole "the third" shit? I say by his 4th year, he's just Robert Griffin. That's too many words. An abundance, if you will. Superfluous.
Because he's The Third? Seeing as how his dad is Robert Griffin II.... and his grandad is Robert Griffin...

What about when they said Roy Helu Jr?

Listening to a physical therapist call into The Fan this morning, if it is a partial tear the worst case scenario is that he has delayed rehab and that he won't be up and running until November, worst case! I guess we'll find out later today for sure...

Actually there is a difference between II and Jr.  If his grandfather was RG Sr, his dad would have been Jr.  If his GREAT gradfather was the original RG, his dad would have been II.  Its Jr, Sr if there is no generation skipped but it is II if they skip a generation, technically speaking of course.  Now you know!
Isn't a Jr. if they have different middle names? Or is the II if they have the same middle names? Or does it just skip the Jr and the 3rd is the II and now RG3 is actually Robert Griffin 4...?
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #166 on: January 08, 2013, 12:52:14 pm »
I cannot believe Shanahan will get away with this.... EVERYONE knew that he was in bad shape... and this was not the first but SECOND game that he put him back in/let him stay in when it was clear he should have been pulled.

Very irresponsible coaching and I can't recall ever seeing anything like this...

Got Haggis?

« Reply #167 on: January 08, 2013, 01:00:18 pm »
I cannot believe Shanahan will get away with this.... EVERYONE knew that he was in bad shape... and this was not the first but SECOND game that he put him back in/let him stay in when it was clear he should have been pulled.

Very irresponsible coaching and I can't recall ever seeing anything like this...

sounds like it's not Shanahan that was the problem...it was RG3 trying to act like he was ok when he clearly wasn't.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #168 on: January 08, 2013, 01:00:40 pm »
Like Tony Romo playing with broken ribs? Or Nick Foles playing with a broken hand just a couple weeks ago?
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #169 on: January 08, 2013, 01:14:55 pm »
Like Tony Romo playing with broken ribs? Or Nick Foles playing with a broken hand just a couple weeks ago?

No. It is completely different. Once you have broken ribs you can't break them more, etc. etc.

hutch

« Reply #170 on: January 08, 2013, 01:15:31 pm »

sounds like it's not Shanahan that was the problem...it was RG3 trying to act like he was ok when he clearly wasn't.

Players always say they are OK.. they are competitors.. they want to be out there. That decision is not theirs to make!

vansmack

« Reply #171 on: January 08, 2013, 02:44:52 pm »
27>34

hutch

« Reply #172 on: January 08, 2013, 02:49:21 pm »

I dont get it but I have a feeling it can't be good!

;D

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #173 on: January 08, 2013, 02:50:29 pm »

Players don't take themselves out of a game.  And if they do, well, remember Jay Cutler?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #174 on: January 08, 2013, 02:53:10 pm »

No. It is completely different. Once you have broken ribs you can't break them more, etc. etc.
So, you can't break MORE ribs? Or, I dunno, puncture your aorta? Like Ben Roethlisberger almost did?

Injuries, and playing through them, are part of football. Bob running off the field and running through the players and avoiding Coach and the medical staff and going back out is irresponsible but it's also a double edged sword. Last year it was the complete opposite and everyone calling Jay Cutler a coward for coming out of the game. They ran 6 plays after the 2nd touchdown, going into the half everyone thought he was OK and the staff cleared him to go back in. If the medical staff tells the coach he's good to go, is the coach supposed to question that? He's not a part of the medical staff for a reason.
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #175 on: January 08, 2013, 02:57:23 pm »

So, you can't break MORE ribs? Or, I dunno, puncture your aorta? Like Ben Roethlisberger almost did?

Injuries, and playing through them, are part of football. Bob running off the field and running through the players and avoiding Coach and the medical staff and going back out is irresponsible but it's also a double edged sword. Last year it was the complete opposite and everyone calling Jay Cutler a coward for coming out of the game. They ran 6 plays after the 2nd touchdown, going into the half everyone thought he was OK and the staff cleared him to go back in. If the medical staff tells the coach he's good to go, is the coach supposed to question that? He's not a part of the medical staff for a reason.

playing through certain types of injuries is part of it..  this was different

you can't say playing through injuries means you always choose to do that

as for the medical staff i am very skeptical of what this "cleared" biz is about.. did you see what dr andrews said? he said he never even looked at him at the first game!

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #176 on: January 08, 2013, 03:05:01 pm »

as for the medical staff i am very skeptical of what this "cleared" biz is about.. did you see what dr andrews said? he said he never even looked at him at the first game!
The Redskins front office LOVE RObert Griffin III, do you REALLY think they would LIE about clearing him and throwing him to the wolves like that? I think it's TOTALLY ignorant to think that this Wild Card win was more important than his health and his future with the franchise. If you REALLY don't trust the medical staff "clearing" him, that's fine, but I think it's ridiculous. Everything they gave up to bring this kid here. Andrews says he didn't clear him to come back, because he never checked on him, neither did Shannahan. He ran by the players on the sideline and ran back out onto the field.

If your star quarterback says to you "I'm not injured, but I am hurting and I know I can go back in and win" then you do it. MOST especially after your medical staff cleared him. THAT's what happened on Sundaay. If the staff didn't clear him, he would have stayed on the sideline and we'd be bitching about losing with Kirk Cousins in.
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #177 on: January 08, 2013, 03:10:36 pm »

The Redskins front office LOVE RObert Griffin III, do you REALLY think they would LIE about clearing him and throwing him to the wolves like that? I think it's TOTALLY ignorant to think that this Wild Card win was more important than his health and his future with the franchise. If you REALLY don't trust the medical staff "clearing" him, that's fine, but I think it's ridiculous. Everything they gave up to bring this kid here. Andrews says he didn't clear him to come back, because he never checked on him, neither did Shannahan. He ran by the players on the sideline and ran back out onto the field.

If your star quarterback says to you "I'm not injured, but I am hurting and I know I can go back in and win" then you do it. MOST especially after your medical staff cleared him. THAT's what happened on Sundaay. If the staff didn't clear him, he would have stayed on the sideline and we'd be bitching about losing with Kirk Cousins in.

It sounds like your mind is made up.

Let us agree to disagree on this point and agree that ultimately it was a mistake that may cost him his career and the franchise any hopes of becoming a winner.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #178 on: January 08, 2013, 03:15:19 pm »
I just refuse to believe that they would risk his health and his future for this win. The medical staff cleared him, after the Ravens game and the Eagles and the Cowboys game, Andrews cleared him as well. What is Shannahan supposed to do? I refuse to blame Shannahan, or Andrews.

I don't think it will be the end of his career, but it pisses me off that he would put himself in that danger. The only person who can know how he felt in the game, during that situation, was Robert. He sticks by his decision, Shannahan regrets not taking him out. I hope hope HOOPPEE he can be back for training camp and next season. We'll find out as the day goes on...
‼‼?‼‼

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #179 on: January 08, 2013, 03:25:58 pm »
The Redskins front office LOVE RObert Griffin III, do you REALLY think they would LIE about clearing him and throwing him to the wolves like that?

yeah, they love him so much that they'll let him do whatever the hell he wants - including trusting his word that he's ok.

I think it's TOTALLY ignorant to think that this Wild Card win was more important than his health and his future with the franchise.

for type-A competitors, the next win is always more important.  get to the playoffs, and they'll chew off their own leg to get back out on the field.  that's why you have (hopefully) impartial medical staff who can make a objective evaluation on whether or not an injury is severe enough to take a player out of the game. 

in this case, it looks like that objective medical call wasn't made at all.
<sig>