Author Topic: Please consider donating to my fundraising efforts!  (Read 1826 times)

K8teebug

Please consider donating to my fundraising efforts!
« on: November 12, 2012, 04:42:10 pm »
Hello fellow board members,

In this season of thankfulness, I thought I would give back by raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  As many of you know, I lost a dear friend to Leukemia in 2010.  In honor of her, I started running half marathons and marathons.  I am participating in the Nike Women's 1/2 Marathon in April 2013.  This will be my 8th 1/2 marathon! (I have also finished 2 marathons, for those of you who think a 1/2 marathon isn't as much work....)

I have a very lofty fundraising goal of $1,600.00! 

Here's the link to my page

http://pages.teamintraining.org/md/nikewhlf13/KatherineCavanaugh

Please help in any way you can and thank you so much for the support.  It helps a little more knowing I'm out there on Saturday mornings and afternoons after work running in the cold when my friends and family are behind me!

Thanks so much.

Sincerely,

Kate

K8teebug

Re: Please consider donating to my fundraising efforts!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 10:33:17 am »
I am about a 1/3 of the way to my goal!

I am selling rosemary butter cookies for 15/pound for pickup in columbia december 22/23 if anyone is interested.  I am also selling pies, but those orders are just about full.

I know most of you live in DC, but just thought I'd mention it.

Thanks!

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 11:14:14 am »
awesome what you do!  people who do . . . inspire me.

K8teebug

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 11:44:15 am »
Thanks.  I have had such a good response with baking pumpkin pies for the holidays that I think I'm going to do this each year and donate the money to charity! 

K8teebug

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 04:59:37 pm »
Bump....

I know some of you have donated and THANK YOU so much!  I really appreciate it :)

K8teebug

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 12:47:26 pm »
Because I haven't mentioned this in a while.  All of this support has really helped me to get out there on these 15 degree days!  Last night was a beautiful snowy track workout!  ;)

K8teebug

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 09:56:42 am »
Thanks so much to everyone on the board who contributed to my fundraising efforts for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  It was a beautiful race day, fun course, and a really fantastic and emotional time.