Author Topic: The Grammys  (Read 6725 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
The Grammys
« on: December 07, 2012, 10:55:27 am »
I'm perplexed, I've heard 4 of the 5 best album of the year nominees and I own 3 of them...

[El Camino, Blunderbuss, Channel Orange]

Have I just not paid attention to The Grammys in a long time or are they all hipsters now?

The Black Keys? Frank Ocean? Jack White? Fun.? Mumford & Sons?

I feel like they were all nominated last year as well.... Either way, I feel like they're pouring a lot of nominations on these artists... I don't like it. Fuck The Grammys.
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

Re: The Grammys
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 10:58:11 am »
El Camino is up this year?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 11:01:48 am »
It's up for just about everything it can be nominated for. I love all the albums, I just think it's weird. It's not that I don't give those artists credit for being popular, I just see an out of touch commitee nominating what the internet was swooning over most of the year and I guess the radio as well. I guess that's what they're based on though..... Just weird. I don't think in all my years that I've liked this many albums that were nominated...

Also Rick Ross and 2 Chainz being nominated for Best Rap Album is a fucking joke.
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 11:05:14 am »
I'm perplexed, I've heard 4 of the 5 best album of the year nominees and I own 3 of them...

[El Camino, Blunderbuss, Channel Orange]

Have I just not paid attention to The Grammys in a long time or are they all hipsters now?

I feel like they were all nominated last year as well.... Either way, I feel like they're pouring a lot of nominations on these artists... I don't like it. Fuck The Grammys.

Grammy's are the record industry awards.  Their main concern for nomination is record sales.  So I don't think they are very relevant.  I also think the Jack White album is not anything special. 

James Ford

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 11:33:26 am »
all suck

jrho

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 11:33:52 am »
I continue to be confused by what the hell the different categories mean.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 11:35:06 am »
all suck

I mean, I know, they're all nominated for Grammys! I've already deleted all the albums I have that are theirs. Their earlier stuff was way better anyway.
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 11:36:52 am »

i think the record companies put their artists up for categories they think they can win so in essence they mean nothing..... for example dr john locked down should be up for best rock record but i guess they felt they couldn't get the nomination so it went in for blues where it did get nominated

atomicfront

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 11:37:41 am »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 11:45:01 am »

i think the record companies put their artists up for categories they think they can win so in essence they mean nothing..... for example dr john locked down should be up for best rock record but i guess they felt they couldn't get the nomination so it went in for blues where it did get nominated
How the fuck is Colplay nominated for "Best Rock Album" <- moms listen to that shit. FUCKING MOMS.
‼‼?‼‼

K8teebug

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 12:08:52 pm »

James Ford

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 12:16:34 pm »
Their earlier stuff sucked as well.

all suck

I mean, I know, they're all nominated for Grammys! I've already deleted all the albums I have that are theirs. Their earlier stuff was way better anyway.

bearman🐻

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2012, 01:22:13 pm »
The Grammys mean nothing. They have about as much to do with music as MTV does.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2012, 04:22:26 pm »
this

beat

for comedy grammy many years in a row.  that tells me everything i need to know about the trophy.