Author Topic: PUT ON UR F---ING SUSPENDERS - IT'S GAME-DAY, BRAH  (Read 10842 times)

atomicfront

Re: PUT ON UR F---ING SUSPENDERS - IT'S GAME-DAY, BRAH
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2013, 10:39:29 am »
I'm just amused by the fact that a major label is flogging "indie rock"....  Which is now made even more generic of a term...   Most leading "indie rock" groups probably use the same bookers, management and PR firms as those signed to major labels.  The only difference is the size of the label, which is probably distributed by a major label affiliated outfit anyways.   Some of the leading lights of indie rock are now signed to majors, because their indie labels could only take their careers so far... i.e. Decemberists, Death Cab for Cutie, Black Keys. 

Far more attention needs to be placed on real indie labels  or independently release material.

I think the term indie rock is used to describe music that decends from bands like orange juice and aztec camera and later the bands on the nme c86 compilitation and later the smiths. 

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2013, 02:18:24 pm »
If only more indie rock sounded like Scottish Pop, then the world would be better place.  Sadly, the beast that is now Indie Rock encompasses more than the UK indie labels of the past. 
T.Rex

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2013, 05:05:33 pm »
i love the fact, imo, and maybe i am wrong, but i just love that we had the moment where rap blended with heavy rock giving us such gems as 311, papa roach, limp biscuit, korn (who are not bad up until their last two or so albums), linkin park, etc..., as a thing, a time that was there and is now gone.  i wasn't a fan of the era.  now i feel it has reared its ugly head again--i remember i spoke of this before somewhere around here--in the fact that rap music has blended with indie music.  pitchfork is always putting out rap artist props, and that stupid wutang 2.0 band who love making us well aware that anti gay is still alive and well among the genre.  i just don't like rap music, like i don't like country.  both are not music to me.  the whole indie as a crossover medium, is just as bad as when country music was used by taylor swift to become a femine bombshell gabillionaire.

hutch

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2013, 05:23:12 pm »
i love the fact, imo, and maybe i am wrong, but i just love that we had the moment where rap blended with heavy rock giving us such gems as 311, papa roach, limp biscuit, korn (who are not bad up until their last two or so albums), linkin park, etc..., as a thing, a time that was there and is now gone.  i wasn't a fan of the era.  now i feel it has reared its ugly head again--i remember i spoke of this before somewhere around here--in the fact that rap music has blended with indie music.  pitchfork is always putting out rap artist props, and that stupid wutang 2.0 band who love making us well aware that anti gay is still alive and well among the genre.  i just don't like rap music, like i don't like country.  both are not music to me.  the whole indie as a crossover medium, is just as bad as when country music was used by taylor swift to become a femine bombshell gabillionaire.

critic

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2013, 06:30:54 pm »
touché

hutch

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2013, 06:50:16 pm »
touché

The difference is I don't go around trashing critics and saying don't listen to them, they don't know anything while being one at the same time....

This fits you to a T:

Hypocrisy is the state of promoting or administering virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that one does not actually have and is also guilty of violating. Hypocrisy often involves the deception of others and thus can be considered a kind of lie.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2013, 06:52:09 pm »
the difference between me and a critic, is that i don't expect anybody to read it and take it seriously . . . that is why i post it on this forum.

vansmack

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2013, 06:57:28 pm »
Would you two just have sex and get it over with....
27>34

atomicfront

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2013, 08:06:02 pm »

I never got how pitchfork hates main stream rock but loves main stream rap. 

James Ford

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2013, 09:36:52 pm »
To the young white liberal "journalist", black people can do no wrong.

I never got how pitchfork hates main stream rock but loves main stream rap. 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2013, 09:37:49 pm »
except spike lee . . . nobody likes him.

James Ford

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2013, 10:18:44 pm »
Nobody likes a Knicks fan.

except spike lee . . . nobody likes him.