Author Topic: Stub Hub bought up all the Local Natives tickets!!  (Read 7248 times)

lordbrandor

Stub Hub bought up all the Local Natives tickets!!
« on: January 10, 2013, 10:29:00 am »
Aghhhhh!! I'm so mad!!  >:( >:( >:( >:(
I hate Stub Hub!!!! Is there anything we can do about these jerks?? They've bought up at least 3 or 4 shows I really wanted to go to and I want them to die!!! Stupid Ebay lawyers keep getting them off the hook for Anti-Scalping lawsuits. This shouldn't be allowed to happen. I think we should get inventive and find a way of banning tickets sold on Stub Hub. If prominent venues supported by leading artists start banning them, they will go under.

-Angry guy without tickets to another show..

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Stub Hub bought up all the Local Natives tickets!!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 10:51:24 am »
-Angry guy who doesn't know how stubhub works

there, i fixed that for you.
<sig>

lordbrandor

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 11:00:46 am »

there, i fixed nothing for you and made a jerkface comment.

Fixed what for me? Did you find me some tickets at face value?

Please tell me how stubhub works since you seem to be an expert. Are you trying to tell me there aren't a bunch of rejects working with stubhub and buying up all the tickets right away for shows they think people really want to go to and then trying to scalp them at exorbitant prices?

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 11:14:32 am »
they added a show on 4/6.
check ticketfly
(_|_)

lordbrandor

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 11:29:42 am »
Thanks Vas Deferens! Just got my tickets!  :) That was great timing. I checked just an hr ago and the 4/5 show was sold out.. Thanks man!

-lordbrandor

atomicfront

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 02:21:08 pm »
Aghhhhh!! I'm so mad!!  >:( >:( >:( >:(
I hate Stub Hub!!!! Is there anything we can do about these jerks?? They've bought up at least 3 or 4 shows I really wanted to go to and I want them to die!!! Stupid Ebay lawyers keep getting them off the hook for Anti-Scalping lawsuits. This shouldn't be allowed to happen. I think we should get inventive and find a way of banning tickets sold on Stub Hub. If prominent venues supported by leading artists start banning them, they will go under.

-Angry guy without tickets to another show..

Stubhub does not buy up tickets.  They are a safe marketplace to buy tickets.  They do their job very well.  You can buy tickets on there and not fear about getting ripped off. If stubhub went away it would not make ticket scalping go away it would just increase your chances of being ripped off.  Stubhub makes a bunch of money off both the seller and the buyer.  If you think ticketmaster charges are high than you should check out stubhubs.  And ticketmaster fees probably a lot of which goes back to the venue.

The problem why so many tickets go on stubhub is a lot of them never go on sale to the general public. the artists, the venues, the promoters etc sell tickets directly to secondary market .   I have sold tickets on stubhub when I have not been able to make the show.  A lot of times if you wait until the day of the show you can get tickets cheap on stubhub.  For instance I paid 35 bucks for 8th row jeff magnum tickets as i bought them 5 hours before showtime.  The problem with this is for 930 club show there are not electronic delivery so you can't wait until the day of the show but for most other shows you usually can cheap tickets day of.   

Scalpers don't seem to know what tickets are going to sell out for 930 club. I see 100's of tickets on stubhub for shows that aren't sold out and never sells out.  I think they just buy tickets for every 930 club show and hope for the best. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 03:34:53 pm »

there, i fixed nothing for you and made a jerkface comment.

Fixed what for me? Did you find me some tickets at face value?

Please tell me how stubhub works since you seem to be an expert. Are you trying to tell me there aren't a bunch of rejects working with stubhub and buying up all the tickets right away for shows they think people really want to go to and then trying to scalp them at exorbitant prices?

yes, that's what i'm telling you.  you complained about the wrong thing.  please see previously reply.
<sig>

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 03:39:18 pm »
StubHub does not buy or sell tickets.  They own ZERO inventory.  They are merely a meeting place for buyers and sellers.  I'm not taking sides in the underlying issues/debate, I'm just making sure you understand the was StubHub works.
FUKIT

vansmack

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 03:52:01 pm »
I must confess.  I am StubHub.  And yes, I have all the Local Natives tickets, and to make matters worse, I've never even heard of them.  I just know they are popular and that you will pay me more than I was charged to see them.

Now get out your credit card...
27>34

atomicfront

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 04:34:52 pm »
Matchbox 20 are selling their first few rows of tickets for 425 a piece.  And there are front row tickets still available for their lyric show.  I guess that is a good way of keeping tickets off of stubhub.  Charge prices that no one would pay for under any circumstance. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 05:26:54 pm »
Matchbox 20 are selling their first few rows of tickets for 425 a piece.  And there are front row tickets still available for their lyric show.  I guess that is a good way of keeping tickets off of stubhub.  Charge prices that no one would pay for under any circumstance. 

and in matchbox 20's case, also a good way of ensuring that no one is sitting in the front row ;D
<sig>

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 11:15:09 am »
They didn't get the black crowes.  that was easy then again it id start a minute early.
FUKIT

atomicfront

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 11:41:34 am »
They didn't get the black crowes.  that was easy then again it id start a minute early.

I think pricing tickets at 65 dollars for a club show and having two shows kind of eliminates a lot of scalping.

Yada

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 12:08:39 pm »

and in matchbox 20's case, also a good way of ensuring that no one is sitting in the front row ;D

They write great pop songs and have won grammys, so atomicfront most likely enjoys them.

hutch

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 12:35:32 pm »

They write great pop songs and have won grammys, so atomicfront most likely enjoys them.

they've sold a ton of records (same in a way as winning grammys i guess).... to him if you sell records you're doing it right and treating the fans well... putting 100%% effort... he's like bob lefsetz as has been pointed out...maybe he IS bob lefsetz...

now if you don't sell records then you suck and aren't treating your fans right... aren't putting in 100% effort...

according to the tao of atomicfront