Author Topic: Amazon Autorip - aka MP3 creation for aging baby boomers  (Read 10751 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Amazon Autorip - aka MP3 creation for aging baby boomers
« on: January 10, 2013, 03:32:40 pm »
Dear Customers,

What would you say if you bought music CDs from a company 15 years ago...and then 15 years later that company licensed the rights from the record companies to give you the MP3 versions of those CDs...and then to top it off, did that for you automatically and for free? Well...we call it Amazon AutoRip and it?s available starting today.

Over the last 15 years, tens of millions of customers have purchased hundreds of millions of CDs from Amazon. Check your Amazon Cloud Player library to see what?s available...at no cost to you...right now.

Amazon AutoRip applies to new CD purchases too. Just look for the AutoRip logo when shopping at Amazon:

There are over 50,000 AutoRip CDs available today on Amazon, including a wide range of best sellers, recent releases and classics such as 21 by Adele, ¡Uno!, ¡Dos!, and ¡Tre! by Green Day, Overexposed by Maroon 5, The Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd, and Thriller by Michael Jackson. Keep checking back, because we?re adding more AutoRip titles every day.

We love these opportunities to do something extra for our customers.
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Amazon Autorip - aka MP3 creation for aging baby boomers
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 03:46:19 pm »
Guess I haven't bought that many CDs via Amazon US, as only a couple have shown up in my player.  And a couple of those were purchased as gifts.   hello Jason Falkner Beatles Lullaby album...  Wonder if there is a equivalent UK program....
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 03:48:01 pm »
I've discovered that I've bought some crappy gifts for people that are now in my player.
27>34

K8teebug

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 04:14:42 pm »
I don't understand how to get your previous purchases into the cloud.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 04:17:05 pm »
Given it some time, it took a couple minutes after going into the cloud player for them to show up.  I had the same reaction you did, but they eventually they were there.
T.Rex

atomicfront

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 04:20:32 pm »
It appears that I have only purchased Vinyl from amazon and I haven't actually bought much from amazon.   

K8teebug

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 04:22:18 pm »
I can tell I buy almost all of my music at Soundgarden and/or Traxx on wax.

atomicfront

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 04:27:14 pm »
I can tell I buy almost all of my music at Soundgarden and/or Traxx on wax.

I have never heard of Traxx on wax before. It appears to be in the record and tape location from back in the 80's.  Is it worth going out to Catonsville to visit?

K8teebug

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 04:42:39 pm »
I think it's a great little store.  It's organized purely alphabetically so you can always find good stuff there. And I have bought some country albums that I otherwise would probably not have found.

My husband found the weird cartoon cover version of David Bowie's The Man Who Sold the World once when we were there.

Also think his prices are reasonable.

Unsanity

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 04:07:13 am »
My husband found the weird cartoon cover version of David Bowie's The Man Who Sold the World once when we were there

Nice! I believe that is the first American pressing. Its on Mercury records right? Its pretty tough to nail that one down second hand these days.

hutch

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 10:20:34 am »
My husband found the weird cartoon cover version of David Bowie's The Man Who Sold the World once when we were there

Nice! I believe that is the first American pressing. Its on Mercury records right? Its pretty tough to nail that one down second hand these days.

correct

K8teebug

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 10:23:40 am »

I don't know what it's on!  My husband would know.  My friend got him changes 1 and 2 on vinyl for christmas and they had 2 picture disc 45's in them!  So, good David Bowie vinyl year for us!

atomicfront

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 10:40:29 am »
I once saw "Change 3 Bowie" on vinyl back in the day. Was that a bootleg or a real release?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 12:58:20 pm »
apparently I haven't bought a CD on Amazon in 9 years:

Songs from these 11 CDs you purchased from Amazon in the past are now available for you in Cloud Player for FREE

Decemberists, "Billy Liar"
Animal Collective, "Sung Tongs"
My Bloody Valentine, "Isn't Anything"
Ride, "Nowhere"
The Killers, "Hot Fuss"
Neutral Milk Hotel, "In the Aeroplane over the Sea"
Slowdive, "Souvlaki"
My Bloody Valentine, "Loveless"
(o|o)

atomicfront

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 01:39:36 pm »
apparently I haven't bought a CD on Amazon in 9 years:

Songs from these 11 CDs you purchased from Amazon in the past are now available for you in Cloud Player for FREE

Decemberists, "Billy Liar"
Animal Collective, "Sung Tongs"
My Bloody Valentine, "Isn't Anything"
Ride, "Nowhere"
The Killers, "Hot Fuss"
Neutral Milk Hotel, "In the Aeroplane over the Sea"
Slowdive, "Souvlaki"
My Bloody Valentine, "Loveless"

pretty good list...well except the animal collective.