Author Topic: Amazon Autorip - aka MP3 creation for aging baby boomers  (Read 10749 times)

vansmack

Re: Amazon Autorip - aka MP3 creation for aging baby boomers
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2013, 03:42:47 pm »
apparently I haven't bought a CD on Amazon in 9 years:

This.
27>34

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2013, 04:03:52 pm »
apparently I haven't bought a CD on Amazon in 9 years:

This.

Yeah, it's probably similar for me - I think I purged my CDs in 2005 or 2006
(o|o)

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2013, 04:50:21 pm »
Last CD I bought was The Rapture - Echoes. So nearly 10 years since my last physical media purchase.

hutch

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2013, 04:52:44 pm »
when you don't buy a cd you still get a file with all info about where it was recorded, etc?

vansmack

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2013, 04:57:49 pm »
when you don't buy a cd you still get a file with all info about where it was recorded, etc?

Sometimes they include a digital book with all that info, but mostly that information is now made available on artists/record label web sites.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2013, 05:27:29 pm »

Sometimes they include a digital book with all that info, but mostly that information is now made available on artists/record label web sites.

call me old fashioned..I guess I am.. i need that booklet..without it you don't know anything about the context....
Do people not care about who wrote the songs, where they were recorded, when, by whom, who engineered, who produced, who played what.. who the artist  thanks?

I guess you're saying people would go online for that info? I'd much rather leaf through the booklet that comes with the CD or preferably the LP.

I'm also guessing a large amount of people who buy the MP3s would never bother to even look for that info..and they will be all the poorer for it..

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2013, 05:33:42 pm »
CD audio quality is far superior to MP3.

hutch

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2013, 05:42:20 pm »

so true.. but people dont' care...  people don't even own stereos no more!!!!!!!!!!!

even CD quality has gone down the crapper for new releases which are mastered to sound "good" coming out of gadgets which have no business being used to play music....brickwalled is the term for it

anyways, this amazon thing will just continue the process in full flight of people dumping their CDs convinced they have no value whatsoever... just like they did with records a generation or two ago...

listening to a wonderful Louis Prima LP record from the late 1950s that just arrived from Ebay. ... Strictly Prima..sounds gorgeous .. original Capitol logo on left release... early West Coast D stampers...  I'm sure there is a shitty MP3 version somewhere people prefer for god knows what reason.... (Just checked on amazon and yeah its there in mp3 form.... one for $9.49 for the album....I doubt they come with any info..doubt you could get the back liner notes at any company site but who knows?....I paid $7.99 including shipping for this beauty)

atomicfront

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2013, 06:16:31 pm »

And vinyl quality is better than cd.  We are going backwards in quality.  But at least quality of mp3 has been going up.  One day I am sure digital files will be of much higher quality than cd's. 

atomicfront

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2013, 06:26:12 pm »

so true.. but people dont' care...  people don't even own stereos no more!!!!!!!!!!!

even CD quality has gone down the crapper for new releases which are mastered to sound "good" coming out of gadgets which have no business being used to play music....brickwalled is the term for it

anyways, this amazon thing will just continue the process in full flight of people dumping their CDs convinced they have no value whatsoever... just like they did with records a generation or two ago...

listening to a wonderful Louis Prima LP record from the late 1950s that just arrived from Ebay. ... Strictly Prima..sounds gorgeous .. original Capitol logo on left release... early West Coast D stampers...  I'm sure there is a shitty MP3 version s

omewhere people prefer for god knows what reason.... (Just checked on amazon and yeah its there in mp3 form.... one for $9.49 for the album....I doubt they come with any info..doubt you could get the back liner notes at any company site but who knows?....I paid $7.99 including shipping for this beauty)

If you want better quality download flacs.  I download the mp3 version at 320 rate for free.  Then if I like the album I will buy the vinyl version. If not I don't.  That way I have a nice album version with lyrics and artwork and the artist gets paid.  I either buy at show and if not at a local store like soundgarden.  I almost never buy from amazon as I would I want to keep jobs in my local community. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2013, 07:01:14 pm »
And vinyl quality is better than cd. 

agreed.  that's why i run all my FLACs through a filter that adds crackles and pops.

threadjack in 3... 2...
<sig>

Here's the thing

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2013, 08:29:41 pm »
It is kind of cool to now have a copy of every cd I bought as a gift.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2013, 11:28:26 pm »
And vinyl quality is better than cd. 

agreed.  that's why i run all my FLACs through a filter that adds crackles and pops.

threadjack in 3... 2...

You should get the advanced filter that simulates an off-center record and increases the distortion as it gets closer to the center. It's like listening to 1981 all over again.
😐 🎶

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2013, 11:30:22 pm »
2 - Add the filter that simulates the belt falling off during your favorite song, followed by the cursing involved to get it back on.
T.Rex

atomicfront

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2013, 11:50:34 am »
2 - Add the filter that simulates the belt falling off during your favorite song, followed by the cursing involved to get it back on.

what are you kenny from south park?

kosmo vinyl's family is os poor that they have a turn-table with a belt.