Author Topic: NFL Playoffs  (Read 74173 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: NFL Playoffs
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2013, 11:39:00 am »
You know, I was thinking last night, the Redskins have beat the last couple of Super Bowl winners.... Maybe the Ravens do win this year. *shrug*
‼‼?‼‼

K8teebug

« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2013, 12:34:02 pm »
The Ravens are the only team left!

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2013, 12:40:34 pm »
I believe the Ravens were the ONLY team in the playoffs the Redskins had faced and beaten. They lost to the Bengals and the Falcons...

So, take that as a good omen. You're welcome.
‼‼?‼‼

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #123 on: January 17, 2013, 06:41:30 am »
How many Injun tribes you got down there in Richmond? I'm betting there are way more rednecks than redskins.

For the record, i've never had a native american come up to me and complain about the name either. Has anybody else here had this happen to them?

Not a skins fan at all but I have yet to have one native american come up to me and say something this silly offends them.  I am not sure how it can be offensive to have a term used for a sport that involves being strong, brave, courageous, relentless, powerful, etc.  If someone wants to be offended, they will always find something to point towards.  What is silly is the fact that the DC basketball club changed their name from BULLETS to WIZARDS because BULLET was offensive yet WIZARD is a rank in one of the most vile racist institutions in the history of our country.  Kind of puts that whole 'offensive' thing in it's place.

Actually I know quite a few people who are of native american descent.  Not one of them have an issue with the name redskins for the DC football team.  As is usually the case in these "I am offended" matters, it is folks who not of the supposedly offended group who start the issue and fan the flames.  I think it probably more of an issue with them trying to cover up their own issues of racism or other inadequacies.
FUKIT

Relaxer

« Reply #124 on: January 17, 2013, 10:17:51 am »
Wow that's powerful because I'm sure all of your few native american friends feel comfortable really opening up to you about their feelings about their heritage.
oword

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #125 on: January 17, 2013, 10:30:57 am »
Wow that's powerful because I'm sure all of your few native american friends feel comfortable really opening up to you about their feelings about their heritage.

many of them have had rather in depth discussions with me about such things. Thanks for asking. :)
FUKIT

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #126 on: January 17, 2013, 10:33:58 am »
i love indians.  native americans really are the best, and i wish there was still a large mass of land on our planet where there was nothing but native americans altering the life of this planet instead of the way we destrroy it.  how sad.  and i think if there was a mass of land with native americans living there . . . they would not care about the redskins.

hutch

« Reply #127 on: January 17, 2013, 10:37:18 am »

many of them have had rather in depth discussions with me about such things. Thanks for asking. :)

I could see that.. you come off as a reasonable and tolerant person.. the type of person one would open up to and engage in constructive discussion with.. much like we do on this board.... I notice you are a good listener and often times willing to admit you're wrong on an issue.. your evolution on President Obama or "Bammy" as you used to call him back when you were insulting him left and right everywhere is a credit to you.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #128 on: January 17, 2013, 10:38:49 am »

I could see that.. you come off as a reasonable and tolerant person.. the type of person one would open up to and engage in constructive discussion with.. much like we do on this board.... I notice you are a good listener and often times willing to admit you're wrong on an issue.. your evolution on President Obama or "Bammy" as you used to call him back when you were insulting him left and right everywhere is a credit to you.

Just so you can keep your warm and fuzzy feeling.  Bammy is still Bammy.
FUKIT

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2013, 11:13:48 pm »
Holy shit. Props to the Ravens for kicking the Pats in the mouth.

Is it illegal for sportscasters to say that Brady sucks? He looked terrible today.

shemptiness

« Reply #130 on: January 21, 2013, 12:41:25 am »
The Ravens knocked the will out of the soft Pats.

Guess they weren't flushed after all.

K8teebug

« Reply #131 on: January 21, 2013, 09:40:56 am »
RAVENS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill Belichick declined to be interviewed after the game like the sore loser that he is. 

Such a great day today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #132 on: January 21, 2013, 10:29:22 am »

Is it illegal for sportscasters to say that Brady sucks? He looked terrible today.
Tom Brady was doing VERY un-Tom Brady things, was super surprised that he would be the one to cost the Pats the game.

Does his legacy change? People were saying with Peyton being knocked out last week that he doesn't even compare to Brady. But now it's been year after year of post season disappointments for the Pats. Any who, congrats to both teams. I officially don't care about the Super Bowl!
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #133 on: January 21, 2013, 10:34:32 am »
Superbowl!!!!!

Even with the officials on their side the Patriots get beaten down badly. 

atomicfront

« Reply #134 on: January 21, 2013, 10:38:20 am »

Tom Brady was doing VERY un-Tom Brady things, was super surprised that he would be the one to cost the Pats the game.

Does his legacy change? People were saying with Peyton being knocked out last week that he doesn't even compare to Brady. But now it's been year after year of post season disappointments for the Pats. Any who, congrats to both teams. I officially don't care about the Super Bowl!

I don't think Brady's legacy is damaged.  Peyton only has 9 playoff victories.  Flacco already has 8.  Brady has been to 5 superbowls winning 3.    Brady just isn't very good against the Ravens.  Even in their undefeated regular season they were only able to beat the Ravens in the last few seconds and the Ravens only had 5 wins that season.