Author Topic: NFL Playoffs  (Read 74135 times)

shemptiness

Re: NFL Playoffs
« Reply #135 on: January 21, 2013, 10:55:06 am »
At the very least he deserved a yellow card for this:

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #136 on: January 21, 2013, 10:59:14 am »
^^^^^ My buddy, Ravens fan, was saying they would have had a parade if Flacco grew some balls and did shit like that. I didn't think it was bad when it happened live, looked totally normal, but that replay was a joke. Aren't there officials right on the goaline who could have clearly seen that?

Actually, at the begining of the GIF you see the ref moving out of the way lol.
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #137 on: January 21, 2013, 11:05:24 am »
They need to stop calling a flag on the defensive player when the offensive player lowers his head and hits the defensive player head to head.  That should be called on the offensive player. 

K8teebug

« Reply #138 on: January 21, 2013, 11:34:14 am »
Exactly.  Stevan Ridley knocked himself out of the game yesterday.  He hit Pollard!  Ridiculous.

The refs love Brady and will never call him on the crap he pulls, like that blatant hit on Reed.  I'm just glad that the Ravens didn't let it get to them and instead DOMINATED.

Bilichick is the sorest loser in all of sports.

Gosh I am so glad the Ravens won.  I despise the Patriots.

stevewizzle

« Reply #139 on: January 21, 2013, 11:47:07 am »
They need to stop calling a flag on the defensive player when the offensive player lowers his head and hits the defensive player head to head.  That should be called on the offensive player. 

yup.  aaron hernandez catches it over the middle, and immediately lowers shoulder/head.  ray lewis is in his tackling motion, aiming for chest/torso level, but aaron shifts his position to make his head where his chest was.  15 yard penalty? makes no sense. 

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #140 on: January 21, 2013, 11:49:43 am »
I am reading all of this silliness on the flight home from NE

If Ray was your player you wouldn't give a shit

And you would be happy to be joining me in New Orleans

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #141 on: January 21, 2013, 11:53:48 am »
I didn't like Albert Haynesworth because I thought he was a piece of shit and I also think Ray Lewis is a piece of shit, so, even if he was on my team and a beast, I would still think he's a piece of shit. Good riddance. I get the emotions are pretty high, but God damn, that dude cries all the time.
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #142 on: January 21, 2013, 12:53:47 pm »
I didn't like Albert Haynesworth because I thought he was a piece of shit and I also think Ray Lewis is a piece of shit, so, even if he was on my team and a beast, I would still think he's a piece of shit. Good riddance. I get the emotions are pretty high, but God damn, that dude cries all the time.

Comparing haynesworth to ray lewis is comical.  Why would any redskins fan like him?  He did nothing on the field for the team or off it.  Ray lewis is arguably the greatest defensive player to play the game, a great leader, and the face of franchis.  The redskins never have a player like ray but at least you could of picked someone like daryl green not to like.  This might be the dumbest post I have ever read

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #143 on: January 21, 2013, 01:00:59 pm »

Comparing haynesworth to ray lewis is comical.  Why would any redskins fan like him?  He did nothing on the field for the team or off it.  Ray lewis is arguably the greatest defensive player to play the game, a great leader, and the face of franchis.  The redskins never have a player like ray but at least you could of picked someone like daryl green not to like.  This might be the dumbest post I have ever read

Probably the greatest active player on defense.  Most likely in the top 20 maybe top 10 all time.
FUKIT

shemptiness

« Reply #144 on: January 21, 2013, 01:26:49 pm »
So much for the SI cover jinx.  Both teams won.

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #145 on: January 21, 2013, 01:53:52 pm »
Ray lewis is arguably the greatest defensive player to play the game, a great leader, and the face of franchis.  The redskins never have a player like ray

there's a lot of ridiculousness in this thread that i have no interest in discussing, but if you really believe this statement you should look up a comparison of the career stats of ray lewis and london fletcher.  two incredible athletes with very similar numbers, but one gets a lot more recognition for it than the other.  i'd say they are both pretty damn impressive.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #146 on: January 21, 2013, 02:00:20 pm »

My point was that I didn't like Albert Haynesworth and Ray Lewis did much MUCH worse shit than he did.
‼‼?‼‼

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #147 on: January 21, 2013, 02:01:23 pm »
Ray lewis is arguably the greatest defensive player to play the game, a great leader, and the face of franchis.  The redskins never have a player like ray

there's a lot of ridiculousness in this thread that i have no interest in discussing, but if you really believe this statement you should look up a comparison of the career stats of ray lewis and london fletcher.  two incredible athletes with very similar numbers, but one gets a lot more recognition for it than the other.  i'd say they are both pretty damn impressive.

London has lead every team he's played on in tackles for his entire career. I think he's about 935 years old too.
‼‼?‼‼

notme

« Reply #148 on: January 21, 2013, 02:23:50 pm »
didn't ray lewis kill someone in atlanta many years ago?

atomicfront

« Reply #149 on: January 21, 2013, 02:28:05 pm »

My point was that I didn't like Albert Haynesworth and Ray Lewis did much MUCH worse shit than he did.

well the point doesn't make sense.  Of course you don't like haynesworth.  Why would you like him?