Author Topic: Songs For Slim  (Read 5206 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Songs For Slim
« on: January 13, 2013, 12:58:14 pm »
More details have emerged about the benefit project for Replacement's guitarist Slim Dunlop who suffered a stroke.  Not only is there the initial Replacements release but a series of 7" singles by additional artists doing  Slim's songs being released.

There will be digital releases for the EP, subsequent singles and a possible commercial release for the Replacements EP.

Plus a possible compilation at the end of the project.

http://www.songsforslim.com/home/

Future singles from...

Steve Earle
Lucinda Williams
Jakob Dylan
John Doe
Joe Henry
The Jayhawks
Frank Black + The Suicide Commandos
Craig Finn from The Hold Steady
Tim O'Reagan & Jim Boquist
The Minus 5 (Scott McCaughey, Peter Buck, Nate Query & John Moen) featuring Curtiss A
The Young Fresh Fellows
NRBQ
You Am I
Tommy Keene
Deer Tick
Ramblin' Jack Elliott
Lucero
and more to be announced!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 12:59:47 pm by kosmo vinyl »
T.Rex

StoneTheCrow

Re: Songs For Slim
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 08:04:06 pm »
Can't decide how much I will bid for one of the auctioned pieces. I fear they will be going for a LOT of money. Do want one.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 10:00:41 am »
Will there be a place to make donations for those who either do not desire or cannot afford to bid?
FUKIT

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 10:17:45 am »
If you'd like to contribute to Slim outside of these auctions, his old friend Dan Baird has set up a FundRazr account that accepts donations on his behalf.

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/9Hhw0
T.Rex

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 10:19:02 am »
If you'd like to contribute to Slim outside of these auctions, his old friend Dan Baird has set up a FundRazr account that accepts donations on his behalf.

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/9Hhw0

Thanks (Done)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 10:21:18 am by RatBastard »
FUKIT

atomicfront

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 11:32:03 am »
Does Tommy Keene still have a career?  Saw him early 80's because I wanted to see the opener and he was truely awful.  Figured he was just some bad DC act that would shortly never be heard from again.

hutch

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 11:35:29 am »
Does Tommy Keene still have a career?  Saw him early 80's because I wanted to see the opener and he was truely awful.  Figured he was just some bad DC act that would shortly never be heard from again.

I think he is still awfull but some people love him... he was at the 930 Club 30th Anniversary show.. also guested with Bob Pollard the last time Bob played a solo show at the 930..

he is just awful..i wonder if he's celebrated because he is a hometown area boy or something

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 11:54:09 am »
Tommy Keene is still widely regarded in the Power Pop community and Still putting out great records.
T.Rex

atomicfront

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 12:03:17 pm »
Tommy Keene is still widely regarded in the Power Pop community and Still putting out great records.

I was watching "this is 40" the other day and I thought of you Kosmo.  Do you like Graham Parker?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 12:33:50 pm »

I was watching "this is 40" the other day and I thought of you Kosmo.  Do you like Graham Parker?

Sure do, still listening to the new record he did the Rumour and wish I had seen their recent tour.  For a bunch of old dudes, they still rock hard.
T.Rex

atomicfront

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2013, 04:31:12 pm »

Sure do, still listening to the new record he did the Rumour and wish I had seen their recent tour.  For a bunch of old dudes, they still rock hard.

i figured you would like them.  Main character in the movie signs them to his label.   So they perform in movie.

shemptiness

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 04:45:24 pm »

Saw them at Rams Head - they were great.  I think the new album holds up too.

And I'm also a Tommy Keene fan. 

nkotb

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 05:53:46 pm »
More updates: http://pitchfork.com/news/49149-the-replacements-songs-for-slim-ep-gets-commercial-release-auction-begins-tomorrow/

"The tracks will be for sale to the general public digitally after the auction ends, with a regular 12" release due out this spring."

So that's cool.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2013, 05:57:23 pm »
clearly nkotb is living up to his name, as he repeats info already posted in this thread by MOI.
T.Rex

nkotb

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2013, 06:02:06 pm »
AH, sorry...read your post that it was possibly coming out commercially and it was now confirmed.  Also, eat it, old man.

clearly nkotb is living up to his name, as he repeats info already posted in this thread by MOI.