Author Topic: Van Halen Sucks  (Read 42026 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: Van Halen Sucks
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 09:36:54 pm »
who ever you are . . . and you know who you are.  you dear sir, do not know shit.  van halen rules.  always has, always will.  the last tour was a joke from the start, but it held onto the dream for as long as it could.  van halen rules, you hear me.  you come over and here and boycott this thread, because van halen is it, the shit, the reason guitar rock exists.  hendrix who, paige who, anastasio who . . . these guys, forever.

kosmo, you shut down this thread.   still all emotional over here about awesome van halen is.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 11:13:48 pm by walkonby »

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 11:22:32 pm »
Plus he kicked the bass player out so his son could join the band.  What a dick. 

Great technique.  But horrible taste, and a jerk.

I'm not arguing on behalf of his personality...it's quite obvious that his dependence issues mixed with his perfectionist issues made him an unbearable prick to deal with.

But honestly, Michael Anthony might have been the King of Freeload when it comes to all-time band members.
At the risk of sounding well informed regarding the music of van halen, imo the bass players backup vocals had nearly as much to do with their sound as dave's vocals and eddies guitar.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2013, 12:00:03 am »
If we are going to talk about bands that suck ass we really ought to be discussing U2.
FUKIT

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2013, 09:03:26 am »
BINGO on my "Things Said On My 9:30 Forum" Card.
T.Rex

atomicfront

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2013, 02:42:13 pm »
If we are going to talk about bands that suck ass we really ought to be discussing U2.

I think every band would like to suck as bad as U2.  Tons of great pop songs and stadium gigs.   And edge is actually a guitarist who just plays well without trying to show off. 

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2013, 03:53:49 pm »

I think every band would like to suck as bad as U2.  Tons of great pop songs and stadium gigs.   And edge is actually a guitarist who just plays well without trying to show off. 

A handful of average (and to use the term loosely) musicians who make average pop songs.  Bone-Ho is the biggest megalomaniac in the music industry.  As you say they sold a lot but they still suck.  Numbers <> quality.  Case in point, cockroaches and AOL.  :)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 06:22:16 pm by RatBastard »
FUKIT

James Ford

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2013, 04:00:46 pm »
Two 50 year old guys arguing about U2.

Does it get more entertaining than this?

RustyOrgan

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2013, 05:17:11 pm »
Van Halen SUCKS

atomicfront

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2013, 05:42:21 pm »
Two 50 year old guys arguing about U2.

Does it get more entertaining than this?

the last time I bought an album by U2 I was a teenager.  I don't get your age thing.  As before I am not 50.  Do you really feel old or something.  You keep bringing up people's age.  It appears that having kids has drained the life out of you but not everyone feels super old.

TheREALHunter

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2013, 06:26:56 pm »
Wotta bunch of uptight gloomy fucks, Van Halen I rules, deal with it  ;D

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2013, 08:31:01 pm »
No strong feelings on Van Halen either way, but Aztec Camera's acoustic cover of "Jump" is all time favorite cover. 
T.Rex

atomicfront

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2013, 11:11:26 pm »
No strong feelings on Van Halen either way, but Aztec Camera's acoustic cover of "Jump" is all time favorite cover. 

finally we agree on something. 

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2013, 02:26:14 am »

Many years ago right after I got out of the Marine Corps I ran the supply room at a local hospital.  One day one of the women who worked filling supply orders for the patient wards was singing the song Jump as she was working.  I laughed when she sang "Maxwell Jump, oh Maxwell Jump"...  True story!  (I hop I didn't just ruin the song for you.)
FUKIT

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2013, 09:45:22 am »
you were in the marines . . . hot.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2013, 11:44:51 am »
I don't like some of Van Halen stuff, but I think they're a solid 80's rock group. Personally, I don't think they hold a candle to GNR, but it was semi different times in the decade. I think Eddie and Diamond Dave are both epic levels of ass hats, but I think what they had for an amount of time was magic. I play guitar, I love playing guitar and watching/listening to gods play guitar and EVH is absolutely up their in my top 10 if not top 5 all time.

So, people can say they suck, and that's fine, I think they rock. At least most of the time. Come on, that drum intro on "Hot For Teacher" into that crazy tapping intro from Eddie? Dude.
‼‼?‼‼