Author Topic: RAVENS - SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!  (Read 18824 times)

atomicfront

Re: RAVENS - SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2013, 12:08:26 pm »
So team are now talking to Dennis Pita.  If we lose him we get a second round pick as Ozzie didn't want to pay the little extra money to make it a first round pick.  If we lose Pita i think Ozzie should be fired. 

shemptiness

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2013, 12:28:35 pm »
So you're saying more bread would've kept Pita?

Got Haggis?

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2013, 07:06:13 pm »
Ed Reed to Texans

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2013, 08:54:22 pm »

what are you trying to say . . . can you hum us a few bars of it?

shemptiness

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2013, 09:30:09 pm »

what are you trying to say . . . can you hum us a few bars of it?

See, the man's name is Pitta. not Pita.  Hence the bread reference.

K8teebug

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2013, 09:05:55 am »
I will be pissed if they lose Pitta.

I am also pissed that the NFL cannot just open the season on Wednesday LIKE THEY DID LAST YEAR.

I'm siding with the Orioles....

Got Haggis?

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2013, 10:37:16 am »
yep, NFL are being dumb.

atomicfront

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2013, 10:41:48 am »
I will be pissed if they lose Pitta.

I am also pissed that the NFL cannot just open the season on Wednesday LIKE THEY DID LAST YEAR.

I'm siding with the Orioles....

Actually it is the networks controlling things.  Last year there was an Obama speech so the networks had to cover it thus making the game on Wednesday.  Games on Thursday have millions more viewers plus you add in the first day of jewish holidays that is millions more.  The game between the white sox on thursday night will be lucky to have 25000 in attendance and maybe another 25000 watching on tv.  Move the game to 1PM.  they move games at the last minute all the time.  They play in the middle of the week in the daytime on other games.  This is no brainer.

I am an orioles season ticket holder and I think the orioles are being punks.

K8teebug

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2013, 10:52:16 am »
I don't think the Orioles are being punks at all.  Their schedule was set first.  Both teams are playing night games the night before and traveling.  Why should the Orioles/white sox play tired just because the NFL bullies can't move the Ravens game to Wednesday or Sunday night?  It's bs.

And like we found out last year, September matters.

atomicfront

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2013, 11:16:47 am »
I don't think the Orioles are being punks at all.  Their schedule was set first.  Both teams are playing night games the night before and traveling.  Why should the Orioles/white sox play tired just because the NFL bullies can't move the Ravens game to Wednesday or Sunday night?  It's bs.

And like we found out last year, September matters.

they move games all the time.  And everytime they have a rain out they have no problem rescheduling.  THe orioles have 162 games a year.  1 game doesn't mean much.  And they play day games after night games all the time.  This game will be watched by everyone around the country and evidently they have big name artists for concerts during the day and big half-time celebrations.  So it would be cool for the city of Baltimore.  I dont' think it has anything to do with baseball at all. It is all Peter Angelos being a punk like he likes to be.  He wants to be the Darth Vader of sports and universally hated.

K8teebug

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2013, 11:36:16 am »
So does Roger Godell.  He could equally move the game to a different day.  But he won't.  Because he's a big mean bully.

atomicfront

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2013, 11:48:13 am »
So does Roger Godell.  He could equally move the game to a different day.  But he won't.  Because he's a big mean bully.

He can't move it to a different day because the networks are paying millions upon millions to show it on the nigh they want to show games.  The NFL already offered to make the orioles any money that they would lose by moving the game.  This game will draw twice the amount of tv viewers that most world series games will draw.  Comparable to game 7 of the world series.  Last 2 years it was on a thursday night drew 27 million viewers.  last time a world series game drew that many viewers was game 7 in 2002.  Come on this is a big game for baltimore. 

K8teebug

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2013, 12:05:51 pm »
I just like baseball more.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2013, 01:05:26 pm »
who cares about the jewish holiday. they have nfl games on christmas

vansmack

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2013, 01:45:33 pm »
I won't be watching either game, so I hope that it pours in Baltimore that week screwing everything up.  But the NFL is being ridiculous here.

There's no tradition in the Thursday opening game.  It was recently invented and has been moved twice to Wednesday in the last five years. 

The idea that it is disrespectful to the Jewish holiday is also ridiculous as the NFL played a night game on the first day of the holiday last year.

K8teebug is right about the travel the night before making it unfair to do a day game, which is too bad because a baseball day game into a night football game would be awesome.

The only way it would work for baseball would be to do the following:

Move the Wed games between the Orioles and Indians and the White Sox and Yankees to day games, and then move the Orioles and White Sox game on Thursday to a day game, all of which occur in the end of the season.

Or we can schedule (notice I didn't say move because it wasn't scheduled then originally anyway) one NFL game, at the start of the season on a Wednesday.

This isn't rocket science.

27>34