Author Topic: Ageing Thread  (Read 17912 times)

fatskippy

Re: Ageing Thread
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2013, 11:40:41 pm »
not to like, call you stupid or anything, but yeah - you're gen x.

Its kind of sad but it is almost getting to that. 56 years old and lets see, three surgeries on each knee, four surgeries on my back, two on my right arm, three abdominal surgeries, one crainiotomy, two cranial gamma treatments, multiple eye surgeries (none cosmetic), several broken bones over the years, plus all the normal childhood things.  The freakiest for me was when they had to do the steroid injections into my eyeball for bleeding around the optic nerve.  Nothing like a hypodermic needle aimed at your eyeball to get you a little nervous.  BTW I trust you had a good time at the show as well?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_X

math and reading comprehension...how do they work?!

stevewizzle

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2013, 11:41:30 pm »
i've made a huge mistake.

http://vimeo.com/22342619

stevewizzle

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2013, 11:44:09 pm »
9) Has more to do with wealth than age.

baby boomers, everyone.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2013, 03:24:33 am »

gen x, everyone.

Wouldn't this be the Millennials or whatever the 1980 and on generation was termed?  Gen X'ers are what, 34 at a minimum these days. 

im referring to RB (gen x) thinking that twenty-somethings (millennials) are attracted to wealth, not age/appearance.

LOL Me gen-x!  That has to be one of the funniest and most absurd things written on this forum ever.

Its kind of sad but it is almost getting to that. 56 years old and lets see, three surgeries on each knee, four surgeries on my back, two on my right arm, three abdominal surgeries, one crainiotomy, two cranial gamma treatments, multiple eye surgeries (none cosmetic), several broken bones over the years, plus all the normal childhood things.  The freakiest for me was when they had to do the steroid injections into my eyeball for bleeding around the optic nerve.  Nothing like a hypodermic needle aimed at your eyeball to get you a little nervous.  BTW I trust you had a good time at the show as well?

I am actually more baby boomer than anything.  Born 1955.  Then again I am not all that into labels.  <Most of them are rather silly and just go to further divide society.
FUKIT

hutch

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2013, 09:10:04 am »

gen x, everyone.

Wouldn't this be the Millennials or whatever the 1980 and on generation was termed?  Gen X'ers are what, 34 at a minimum these days. 

im referring to RB (gen x) thinking that twenty-somethings (millennials) are attracted to wealth, not age/appearance.

LOL Me gen-x!  That has to be one of the funniest and most absurd things written on this forum ever.

I am actually more baby boomer than anything.  Born 1955.  Then again I am not all that into labels.  <Most of them are rather silly and just go to further divide society.

oh is that why you call everyone a "libtard" about 5 times a day?

part of your not labeling people approach?

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2013, 09:47:58 am »

gen x, everyone.

oh snap

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2013, 10:30:45 am »
Being part of the baby boomers doesn't please, I have no need for the Rogaine, little blue pills or the Eagles, etc...
i'm fairly certain at one point i was at the very beginning of Gen-x, but it appears the "experts" can't agree on when it actually starts as seen in the wikipedia article.  Wasn't Henry Rollins at one time considered Gen-X even though we was born late 50s?
T.Rex

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2013, 10:41:26 am »
Tom Tomorrow had a This Modern World comic years ago that featured him lamenting to Sparky that he didn't feel that he fit into either the boomers or Gen-X. He was born in 1961 (same year as Rollins) and felt that the media had him wedged in between the two demos. Sparky declared him a "wedgie".

I'd post the comic but Tomorrow's archives are down.
😐 🎶

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2013, 10:45:21 am »
ooh i like that... being called a wedgie :)
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2013, 10:51:13 am »
I was surprised to find out that Ian Brown turned 50 this year, thought for sure the Stone Roses would have been in their 40s.  So a prototypical Gen-X band are actually a bunch of wedgies :)
T.Rex

atomicfront

« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2013, 11:08:53 am »
I was surprised to find out that Ian Brown turned 50 this year, thought for sure the Stone Roses would have been in their 40s.  So a prototypical Gen-X band are actually a bunch of wedgies :)

I knew they were older.  They were an 80's band.  Around since the early 80's I believe.

atomicfront

« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2013, 11:09:48 am »
Tom Tomorrow had a This Modern World comic years ago that featured him lamenting to Sparky that he didn't feel that he fit into either the boomers or Gen-X. He was born in 1961 (same year as Rollins) and felt that the media had him wedged in between the two demos. Sparky declared him a "wedgie".

I'd post the comic but Tomorrow's archives are down.

61 is a baby boomer.  He isn't a wedgie.   He should just embrace his baby boomerness.

atomicfront

« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2013, 11:10:36 am »
Being part of the baby boomers doesn't please, I have no need for the Rogaine, little blue pills or the Eagles, etc...
i'm fairly certain at one point i was at the very beginning of Gen-x, but it appears the "experts" can't agree on when it actually starts as seen in the wikipedia article.  Wasn't Henry Rollins at one time considered Gen-X even though we was born late 50s?

You being a baby boomer does explain your musical taste. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2013, 12:06:39 pm »

well that pretty much seals up this week's POTW.
<sig>

atomicfront

« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2013, 12:19:41 pm »
Why is it everyone on the 9:30 board considers themselves young looking and hot, then when you actually meet them, they are total dorks (meself included)? Get over yourselves!  ;D

you can be young looking and dorky.  I don't do board meet-ups. I did one once on another message board and I ended up having this female live with me for 10 months due to that meet-up and it wasn't a pleasant experience.