Author Topic: Ageing Thread  (Read 17917 times)

imbecile

Re: Ageing Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 01:34:40 pm »
9) Has more to do with wealth than age.

gen x, everyone.

Wouldn't this be the Millennials or whatever the 1980 and on generation was termed?  Gen X'ers are what, 34 at a minimum these days. 

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 02:19:54 pm »
BTW, in America it's spelled "aging".  This isn't jolly old England.

Really?  That is a terrible way to spell it.  Doesn't even make sense.  And why is it ageism here in America then and not agism?

This is why spelling confuses me to no end! One drops the 'e' when adding an 'i' ending while the other doesn't. Can't keep track of all those exceptions. Then there are those words that end in 'le' or 'el' but sound the same. As well as words that end in 'or' vs. 'er' which either sound the very same or very, very similar. That's why I'm not a spelling Nazi with informal writing in places such as message boards. Between the weird language rules and the typos, it's all too anal retentive to waste time worrying (<- another weird (<- yet another) exception to general spelling rules) about such minor infractions.

atomicfront

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 02:25:52 pm »

gen x, everyone.

Wouldn't this be the Millennials or whatever the 1980 and on generation was termed?  Gen X'ers are what, 34 at a minimum these days. 

I am generation X. 

stevewizzle

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 03:32:32 pm »

gen x, everyone.

im referring to RB (gen x) thinking that twenty-somethings (millennials) are attracted to wealth, not age/appearance.

atomicfront

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 03:45:14 pm »

gen x, everyone.

im referring to RB (gen x) thinking that twenty-somethings (millennials) are attracted to wealth, not age/appearance.

Yeah I don't think drunk college girls at a bar are out looking for rich guys. 

imbecile

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 04:02:18 pm »

gen x, everyone.

Yeah I don't think drunk college girls at a bar are out looking for rich guys. 

Understood.  All makes sense now.  As to the question at hand, I've no idea what the upper-limit is for what a 20-something will hit on. 

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 04:04:11 pm »

atomicfront

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2013, 04:08:33 pm »
According to this chart it is acceptable for me to date an 82 year old woman.  That is actually kind of creepy..wait a second that is incredibly creepy.

How come no one is anwering question 2?  Were all friends here...no need to be shy. 

James Ford

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2013, 04:32:18 pm »
I'd lay Helen Mirren, if we were both available and she were game. She's 67.

According to this chart it is acceptable for me to date an 82 year old woman.  That is actually kind of creepy..wait a second that is incredibly creepy.

How come no one is anwering question 2?  Were all friends here...no need to be shy. 

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2013, 04:42:31 pm »
I am what we in the clique call a Shoegeezer.

Relaxer

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2013, 04:43:29 pm »

"Dream on, beer boy"
oword

atomicfront

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2013, 04:56:59 pm »

"Dream on, beer boy"

I would have to say that is a definite "No".  If you want to start a new thread called "would you hit that"...make them less obvious decisions. 

notme

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2013, 05:03:39 pm »
you know you are old when you would rather listen to the oldies ('60s-'70s) radio station than current popular music station

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2013, 05:10:41 pm »
you know you are old when you would rather listen to the oldies ('60s-'70s) radio station than current popular music station
I preferred the oldies station ever since i was a little kid.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2013, 05:55:44 pm »

gen x, everyone.

LOL Me gen-x!  That has to be one of the funniest and most absurd things written on this forum ever.
FUKIT