Author Topic: Where do I go for some dancin?  (Read 3361 times)

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
Re: Where do I go for some dancin?
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2008, 09:44:20 am »
For this Saturday, the Red and the Black has a fun dance night called U.B.U. and also there's another free dance party over at the Rock and Roll Hotel. Could make a night of that whole NE area of DC ;)
3MTA3

vansmack

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2008, 01:13:13 pm »
Just tell me where you're going to post the pictures....
27>34

Samantha

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2008, 08:17:13 pm »
I'm at DC9 for their dance party just about every Friday night, it's more electro/indie but you can walk up to the dj and request just about anything. 6 bucks to get in and open bar from 9-10:30, pretty solid deal. If you don't dig it, grab yr drinks and then head out somewhere else.

I was at DC9 on Saturday actually.  I prefer to pass on electro.  But you should switch and come to Black Cat this Friday :)

Samantha, move to Philly or NYC. DC's got nothing for you when it comes to dance music.

I would love to move, but not Philly or NYC.  Though I do remember that last night I was in NYC dancing to some snazzy oldies...now THAT I would like here.  Or some good blues.  That's my kind of dancing music.

For this Saturday, the Red and the Black has a fun dance night called U.B.U. and also there's another free dance party over at the Rock and Roll Hotel. Could make a night of that whole NE area of DC ;)

I don't know the Red and the Black, and what type of music is that?  And I'm afeared of the R&R.  But I'm not against going out Saturday night as well, for sure ;D  I just need people to go with me, is the problem.

Just tell me where you're going to post the pictures....

ugh.  fingers crossed.

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2008, 09:17:47 am »

I don't know the Red and the Black, and what type of music is that?  And I'm afeared of the R&R.  But I'm not against going out Saturday night as well, for sure ;D  I just need people to go with me, is the problem.

The Red and the Black is just down a block from RnR and next to the Palace of Wonders.  The music at Red and the Black will be a lot of 80s and who knows what else. All depends the DJs and what they've been drinking. :)
3MTA3

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2008, 09:32:02 am »
I'm at DC9 for their dance party just about every Friday night, it's more electro/indie but you can walk up to the dj and request just about anything. 6 bucks to get in and open bar from 9-10:30, pretty solid deal. If you don't dig it, grab yr drinks and then head out somewhere else.

I was at DC9 on Saturday actually.  I prefer to pass on electro.  But you should switch and come to Black Cat this Friday :)

Sorted is on Friday.... Taxlo DJs are usually pretty heavy hitters.
‼‼?‼‼

Cali

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2008, 04:22:01 pm »
hmm, 80s music is fun - some of it. why are you afraid of RnR

Samantha

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2008, 09:02:00 pm »
The Red and the Black is just down a block from RnR and next to the Palace of Wonders.  The music at Red and the Black will be a lot of 80s and who knows what else. All depends the DJs and what they've been drinking. :)

Oooh ooh love 80s for dancin!  This is Saturday?  hmmmm.  Maybe if I can get a ride.

hmm, 80s music is fun - some of it. why are you afraid of RnR

The RnR 'hood makes me nervous.  I know I'm a wuss but walking to my car alone = not something I want to do.  I'll totally go with someone but not alone nooo thanks.

Sorted is on Friday.... Taxlo DJs are usually pretty heavy hitters.

What do you mean by that?

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2008, 09:14:08 am »
The immediate neighborhood around those H Street clubs is no worse than the area around the 930...  and unlike anywhere else in DC you can usually park in the same block as the place you're going...  just be prepared to outrun the bad guys.  ;)
_\|/_