Author Topic: Nine Inch Nails - Adrian Belew + Eric Avery  (Read 2769 times)

Got Haggis?

Nine Inch Nails - Adrian Belew + Eric Avery
« on: February 25, 2013, 11:29:06 am »
NOTE FROM TRENT:
Nine Inch Nails are touring this year.
I was working with Adrian Belew on some musical ideas, which led to some discussion on performing, which led to some beard-scratching, which (many steps later) led to the decision to re-think the idea of what Nine Inch Nails could be, and the idea of playing a show. Calls were made to some friends, lots of new ideas were discussed, and a show was booked - which led to another, which somehow led to a lot of shows.
The band is reinventing itself from scratch and will be comprised of Eric Avery, Adrian Belew, Alessandro Cortini, Josh Eustis, Ilan Rubin, and me. The first shows will begin this summer, followed by a full-on arena tour of the US this fall, and lots of other dates worldwide to follow through 2014.
Lots of details and dates to come. See you soon.
TR

Interesting.

killsaly

Re: Nine Inch Nails - Adrian Belew + Eric Avery
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 11:50:22 am »
Sweet! I guess my number of nine inch nails shows attended will be increasing to 4 (or more).

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 12:21:41 pm »
Very intriguing.  Hopefully his re-thinking NIN means a bit more than just swapping out sidemen.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 12:57:25 pm »
hey seth...
<sig>

Relaxer

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 01:29:00 pm »
Eric Avery's bass is usually the best thing on the songs he helped write. He was JA's MVP by a mile and if he were back in the band, I'd move heaven and earth to see them. I'm not sure how excited I'd be to hear him playing NIN songs.
oword

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 05:44:01 pm »
maybe it is just me . . . but this sounds like when the disco biscuits completely changed their sound for whatever reason, and became a different band.  and it sucked.  and it ruined them.  and the fans hate them.  the end.

Relaxer

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 06:18:42 pm »
Counter-point: Fleetwood Mac shifted from bluesy jam rock to perfect FM radio pop and made a billion dollars and their fan base grew exponentially
oword

hutch

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 06:38:47 pm »
 Belew and Avery..... geez..its like integrity overload..

I mean that in a good way.

Good for Reznor.

bearman🐻

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 07:10:02 pm »
Eric Avery's bass is usually the best thing on the songs he helped write. He was JA's MVP by a mile and if he were back in the band, I'd move heaven and earth to see them. I'm not sure how excited I'd be to hear him playing NIN songs.

Agreed. I won't see JA without him. Hence, I only got to see them once. And I loved it.

K8teebug

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 09:22:34 am »
He is hot.

moeszyslak

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 11:34:05 am »

Agreed. I won't see JA without him. Hence, I only got to see them once. And I loved it.

Damn!  Then you missed one hell of a show in 2001.  Visually stunning!

betao

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 11:51:02 am »
Exciting news.

While i'm happy for it, I hate when bands make a big deal about a farewall tour (Wave Goodbye '09) only to come back a few years later. Oh well.