Author Topic: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?  (Read 591560 times)

Cock Van Der Palm

Re: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?
« Reply #2205 on: November 15, 2022, 01:25:42 pm »
Why don't you wait for the $8 tickets on Stubhub the day of the show?  I can't see you paying full price.

Did anyone get into the Taylor Swift TM presale today?

Anybody else get shut out or waitlisted?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2206 on: November 15, 2022, 01:37:38 pm »
Why don't you wait for the $8 tickets on Stubhub the day of the show?  I can't see you paying full price.

I don’t see any historical evidence that tells me that Taylor Swift tickets are going to drop below face.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #2207 on: November 15, 2022, 01:47:44 pm »

I'd go as high as high double digits per ticket. Day of not really possible because you need a hotel room too. And of u have a hotel room, u want the tickets. So I'd possibly wait until day before so that hotel was still cancellable. And what Julian said.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2209 on: November 15, 2022, 01:54:10 pm »
I'd go as high as high double digits per ticket.

are y'all insane?  tickets will not come down below face.  pent-up demand for these shows is insane.  anyone waiting for a face-priced ticket on the secondary market, let alone an $8 ticket, is going to be left outside in the cold.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2210 on: November 15, 2022, 01:58:21 pm »
try hitting https://www.ticketmaster.com/taylor-swift-tickets/artist/1094215 for the fun of it ;D

Error 503 first byte timeout
first byte timeout
Error 54113
Details: cache-bfi-kbfi7400090-BFI 1668534939 1991103747
Varnish cache server

Error 503 Backend.max_conn
reachedBackend.max_conn reached
Error 54113
Details: cache-bfi-krnt7300045-BFI 1668535008 113446530
Varnish cache server

etc etc etc... RIP ticketmaster's load balancers and DB servers
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #2211 on: November 15, 2022, 02:32:48 pm »
Space has a better chance of receiving a compliment from his wife than finding a ticket under $100 in any market that's hosting TS.

Space Freely

« Reply #2212 on: November 15, 2022, 03:23:18 pm »
Space has a better chance of receiving a compliment from his wife than finding a ticket under $100 in any market that's hosting TS.

I do get compliments, so your statement is not incorrect.

Yesterday, I read the odds of scoring a ticket (any ticket, not the $49-$99 nosebleeds) in the presales is 5%, and the odds in the general is 2%.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #2213 on: November 15, 2022, 03:37:35 pm »
I guess none of y'all got my poor joke.  Let me explain.  Space almost never pays face value for a ticket, let alone one that will probably be north of $100/ticket.  In fact, Space is very proud of the low prices he pays to get a last minute ticket and will come to this board to boast of his accomplishment in cheapness.  Of course, due to her rabid pre-pubescent fans and others with shitty taste in music, Taylor Switt tickets will not fall to the low price range Space usually requires in order to pull the trigger on buying a ticket.  Yet it was ironic, to me at least, that Space was kerflumphed about getting shut out of verified fan status.  I'm assuming if he was able to score any tickets, he would try to make a nice profit on the secondary markets.  Maybe, maybe not.

are y'all insane?  tickets will not come down below face.  pent-up demand for these shows is insane.  anyone waiting for a face-priced ticket on the secondary market, let alone an $8 ticket, is going to be left outside in the cold.

Space Freely

« Reply #2214 on: November 15, 2022, 03:46:44 pm »
I guess none of y'all got my poor joke.  Let me explain.  Space almost never pays face value for a ticket, let alone one that will probably be north of $100/ticket.  In fact, Space is very proud of the low prices he pays to get a last minute ticket and will come to this board to boast of his accomplishment in cheapness.  Of course, due to her rabid pre-pubescent fans and others with shitty taste in music, Taylor Switt tickets will not fall to the low price range Space usually requires in order to pull the trigger on buying a ticket.  Yet it was ironic, to me at least, that Space was kerflumphed about getting shut out of verified fan status.  I'm assuming if he was able to score any tickets, he would try to make a nice profit on the secondary markets.  Maybe, maybe not.

First off, though it's not my cup of tea, Taylor Swift's music is far from shitty.

Secondly, many of her fans are past pre-pubescent. My boss is a big fan, and he's in his 40's (with no kids.)

Thirdly, I'm buying for a family outting. If I'm buying tickets for myself, it's one thing, I'm going to be frugal. If I'm buying a once in a lifetime family experience, I can open the purse strings a bit (though my daughter is not SOOO spoiled that she expects it.)

Fourthly, with a six ticket max, I was definitely planning on buying all six and making a profit off those we didn't need. Though honestly I've never done that before, so not entirely sure how to and if you can do it with verified fan tickets, but I'm a quick learner (once sold tickets on Craigslist 15 years ago, but never on Stubhub, Seatgeek, etc)

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #2215 on: November 15, 2022, 04:10:13 pm »
stubhub is easy to use

Starsky

« Reply #2216 on: November 15, 2022, 04:17:21 pm »
What happened to the idea scalping was lame?

« Reply #2217 on: November 15, 2022, 04:22:53 pm »
What happened to the idea scalping was lame?
I think it was only you
(I mean it's lame and even lamer when ticketbastard is the one doing it)
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2218 on: November 15, 2022, 05:09:16 pm »
Fourthly, with a six ticket max, I was definitely planning on buying all six

requesting 6 tickets at once will greatly increase your chances of not being offered any tickets.  much better off requesting 3 tickets, i.e. what you actually need.

mind you, with the demand being what it is, you're lucky to get a single... expect to be shut out, thank the ticket gods if you're somehow not.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #2219 on: November 15, 2022, 05:34:55 pm »
Fourthly, with a six ticket max, I was definitely planning on buying all six

requesting 6 tickets at once will greatly increase your chances of not being offered any tickets.  much better off requesting 3 tickets, i.e. what you actually need.

mind you, with the demand being what it is, you're lucky to get a single... expect to be shut out, thank the ticket gods if you're somehow not.

To be honest, I'm glad I've been unsuccessful at this.

For the past 14 months, my daughter told me to "fuck off," or other words to that effect, every time I asked her to wear her retainers at night, and now I'm paying $600 for new retainers tomorrow.

Plus, she does absolutely no chores around the house (and her mother defends this by saying she's "just a child.")

I mean why am I going out of my way to spend hundreds of dollars for this?

I suppose that belongs in the parenting thread.