Author Topic: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?  (Read 593581 times)

Space Freely

Re: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?
« Reply #2280 on: January 20, 2023, 02:41:02 pm »
Yo La Tengo re release happening

I think that's been going on for a couple days now (?)

On Tuesday or Wednesday, I was informed that there were more available (even though this website continued to say "sold out",) and snagged one.

Of course if I had known they'd still be available tonight, when I'll be in the vicinity of the box office, I could have saved the $10 fee.

Starsky

« Reply #2281 on: January 20, 2023, 03:14:11 pm »
It’s always something…

Yada

« Reply #2282 on: January 20, 2023, 03:44:08 pm »

Thanks for letting this community know.

Space Freely

« Reply #2283 on: January 20, 2023, 04:00:17 pm »

Oh sorry. My bad. I did PM Sidehatch, who had mentioned getting shut out. And someone else in the community was the person who informed me. So that's half the community.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2284 on: January 20, 2023, 04:37:11 pm »

The ticket news...I don't have it.

« Reply #2285 on: January 20, 2023, 06:37:49 pm »

I did PM Sidehatch, who had mentioned getting shut
I did forget to say thank you
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2286 on: January 24, 2023, 02:31:48 pm »
did anyone get in on the Beck/Phoenix artists presale this morning?

in seattle the offerings were poor, and suitably unappreciated.  best they had was row R lowers - and very few are biting.  we're a half hour into the presale and those R's aren't moving.  maybe fifty tickets sold?  either beck/phoenix fans are super-picky and don't want 18th row, or the bands/promotors have way overestimated demand for this show. 

unless i pull something awesome at the next presale or onsale, imma be looking for some cheap week-of tickets.
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #2287 on: January 24, 2023, 03:38:20 pm »
did anyone get in on the Beck/Phoenix artists presale this morning?

in seattle the offerings were poor, and suitably unappreciated.  best they had was row R lowers - and very few are biting.  we're a half hour into the presale and those R's aren't moving.  maybe fifty tickets sold?  either beck/phoenix fans are super-picky and don't want 18th row, or the bands/promotors have way overestimated demand for this show. 

unless i pull something awesome at the next presale or onsale, imma be looking for some cheap week-of tickets.

Skipping Beck this go around, but same thing happened with JRaD in Bawlmoor last week... Basically, the entire front section was platinum VIP and they're all still sitting there. The entire section behind is $44 is is pretty much sold out.

Starsky

« Reply #2288 on: January 24, 2023, 03:51:48 pm »
I do wonder if people are taking a step back after going to a billion concerts post Covid

Having said that I doubt Phoenix by themselves can move tickets in any US market outside of NYC. Their popularity peaked more than ten years ago. And Beck has toured fairly regularly. This isn’t a solo acoustic tour right? Am surprised he isn’t doing a solo acoustic tour of big theaters.

Yada

« Reply #2289 on: January 24, 2023, 04:02:02 pm »
I do wonder if people are taking a step back after going to a billion concerts post Covid

Having said that I doubt Phoenix by themselves can move tickets in any US market outside of NYC. Their popularity peaked more than ten years ago. And Beck has toured fairly regularly. This isn’t a solo acoustic tour right? Am surprised he isn’t doing a solo acoustic tour of big theaters.

I think it's more the ticket model... Last time I saw Beck it was the same exact show from three years earlier and I'm not aware that he's put anything out since. Who is going to drop nearly $200 to see that in a good seat if he's playing the same set he did in 2019??

They should start enticing customers to buy early vs. waiting until the last minute. Have different tiered pricing if you buy early vs. buy late. It's very rare I buy tickets in advance these days unless it's a show I know I won't want to miss.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2290 on: January 24, 2023, 05:24:18 pm »
The rising price model is interesting, Yada. Festivals have been doing it for years but aside from a few clubs that charge more day-of, you don’t really see it implemented for normal concert tours. Would be interesting to see if it moves the needle.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2291 on: January 24, 2023, 05:28:02 pm »
The rising price model is interesting, Yada. Festivals have been doing it for years but aside from a few clubs that charge more day-of, you don’t really see it implemented for normal concert tours. Would be interesting to see if it moves the needle.

I'd go to alot more shows if unsold tickets were basically free the day before the show.

« Reply #2292 on: January 24, 2023, 05:39:43 pm »

I'd go to alot more shows if unsold tickets were basically free the day before the show.
the Space model 
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2293 on: January 24, 2023, 06:35:25 pm »
Basically, the entire front section was platinum VIP and they're all still sitting there. The entire section behind is $44 is is pretty much sold out.

in this particular case those row R seats are not platinum, it's the standard price for lowers ($135).  as far as i can tell they only released a few platinums, and they're completely side-stage - AKA more crappy seats. 

my new theory is that the promoters figured out this show wouldn't sell well, so in the presale they only released meh tickets hoping that the hardcore fans will chomp at the bit and take the chaff - and thus keep the good seats for those who need convincing (AKA selling silver to the fans, then enticing the general public with gold).  if i'm right, their plan backfired.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 06:40:31 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2294 on: January 24, 2023, 06:39:17 pm »
They should start enticing customers to buy early vs. waiting until the last minute. Have different tiered pricing if you buy early vs. buy late. It's very rare I buy tickets in advance these days unless it's a show I know I won't want to miss.

i think that model works for shows that they don't expect to sell out, or just barely sell out. 

for high-demand shows, the ones that will sell the majority of their tickets in the first few hours or days, it would make sense to have decreasing tickets prices.  folks that really want to attend and/or insist on good seats, will pay the higher price up front; while those on the fence or with price sensitivity will be willing to wait for a discount.
<sig>