Author Topic: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?  (Read 575375 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?
« Reply #540 on: March 16, 2016, 04:28:08 pm »
yup, presale was this morning.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #541 on: March 17, 2016, 12:16:51 pm »
I bought a ticket to see Graham Parker.. never seen him before...

saintangelsin

« Reply #542 on: March 17, 2016, 03:42:35 pm »
I meant to say a few weeks ago that I snagged a ticket to the Friday night of Fever at the Paradox.

Relaxer

« Reply #543 on: March 17, 2016, 03:47:45 pm »
What is that?
oword

killsaly

« Reply #544 on: March 17, 2016, 03:59:12 pm »
Paradox is shutting down.  They are throwing some final Fever parties there.  Friday night has the impressive lineup of:
MUSIC BY:
SCOTT HENRY
CHARLES FEELGOOD

With Special Guests:
ANI of Deee-Lite
ONIONZ
RYDE
TONY JAPZON
JOE KOPASEK

Outdoor Chillout featuring:
DJ LOVEGROVE
BOBBLE
WASH
INFINITY
CHRIS BULLA
playing CloudWatch classics all night

Kubacheck

« Reply #545 on: March 17, 2016, 04:28:03 pm »

grabbed one too.... seen him solo once and a few times on the reunion tours with the Rumour.... those shows were great....

« Reply #546 on: March 17, 2016, 09:59:40 pm »

grabbed one too.... seen him solo once and a few times on the reunion tours with the Rumour.... those shows were great....
total TAN...but how could Kub only have 240 posts?
slack

hutch

« Reply #547 on: March 17, 2016, 10:04:27 pm »

he keeps a low profile but packs a lot of oomph into his posts..he doesn't fool around..he says what he means and he means what he says.. he's a straight shooter.. he's here for the music not to talk about whey...when he says his name is kubacheck you better believe its kubacheck.

i think there's a lesson somewhere in there.

« Reply #548 on: March 17, 2016, 10:13:45 pm »

he keeps a low profile but packs a lot of oomph into his posts..he doesn't fool around..he says what he means and he means what he says.. he's a straight shooter.. he's here for the music not to talk about whey...when he says his name is kubacheck you better believe its kubacheck.

i think there's a lesson somewhere in there.
so true
all I have to say is this

slack

Kubacheck

« Reply #549 on: March 17, 2016, 10:15:25 pm »

actually 241....

saintangelsin

« Reply #550 on: March 18, 2016, 02:05:34 pm »
Paradox is shutting down.  They are throwing some final Fever parties there.  Friday night has the impressive lineup of:
MUSIC BY:
SCOTT HENRY
CHARLES FEELGOOD

With Special Guests:
ANI of Deee-Lite
ONIONZ
RYDE
TONY JAPZON
JOE KOPASEK

Outdoor Chillout featuring:
DJ LOVEGROVE
BOBBLE
WASH
INFINITY
CHRIS BULLA
playing CloudWatch classics all night

I'm glad you know what I'm talking about! I must confess, I was never old enough to go to the original Fever. I loathe most of the modern rave culture that those younger than me go for (seriously, fuck dubstep and calling any genre EDM is pretty lame), so I figured this would be an awesome party to go dance my ass off. Not to mention, see some very fantastic djs. I just hope that all of my years of being obsessed with electronic stuff (not to mention my obsession with all things Manchester) has payed off and I'll recognize what is played. I'm also hoping for some acid house classics. I think Feelgood and Onionz will totally do that. Believe me, I wish I could time travel to the warehouse parties of the late 80's/early 90's. Same with wishing I could go to the Paradise Garage and the Hacienda. 

walk,on,by

« Reply #551 on: March 18, 2016, 02:12:22 pm »
I went to plenty of the original fevers. The parking lot was scary, the separate rooms were interesting, the back patio was always packed and the music was pretty damn off the hook for somebody who came from the country.

killsaly

« Reply #552 on: March 18, 2016, 02:41:00 pm »
I'm glad you know what I'm talking about! I must confess, I was never old enough to go to the original Fever. I loathe most of the modern rave culture that those younger than me go for (seriously, fuck dubstep and calling any genre EDM is pretty lame), so I figured this would be an awesome party to go dance my ass off. Not to mention, see some very fantastic djs. I just hope that all of my years of being obsessed with electronic stuff (not to mention my obsession with all things Manchester) has payed off and I'll recognize what is played. I'm also hoping for some acid house classics. I think Feelgood and Onionz will totally do that. Believe me, I wish I could time travel to the warehouse parties of the late 80's/early 90's. Same with wishing I could go to the Paradise Garage and the Hacienda. 
Of course!  Scott Henry and Charles Feelgood have been two of my favorites since the late 90s/early 2000s.  I went to a lot of big raves in New Orleans in 1999 and 2000, and saw both of them at different events.  I ended up moving to the DC area in 2002 and started attending Buzz and Fever parties soon after.  I only went to Paradox once though.  Anyway, sounds fun! 

wml7

« Reply #553 on: March 22, 2016, 12:13:08 pm »
Lollapalooza
 ;D

dyecraig

« Reply #554 on: March 23, 2016, 11:51:41 am »
lollapalooza 7/29 radiohead and a lot of bands i've never heard of.