Author Topic: Yet Another Just Announced Commetary Thread  (Read 78710 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Yet Another Just Announced Commetary Thread
« Reply #270 on: March 17, 2023, 08:19:33 pm »
I think the verified fan thing made it worse - never had a problem getting ticket before...

- you've had a 100% success rate?  even for mega-demand shows?
- i believe that VF improved things a lot, notably by killing the bots.  between each fan/account needing a separate phone number, and the inability to transfer, the bots had to have seen this as a no-go (or a high-effort-for-low-volume endeavor)
- all the technology in the world can't change the fact that demand >>>>> supply.  concert veterans like ourselves might have an advantage, normally, but VF levels the playing field...
<sig>

« Reply #271 on: March 21, 2023, 02:00:19 pm »
thank you robert smith!

For your recent order for The Cure, you will receive a partial refund of $10.00 per ticket.

This is all thanks to Robert Smith.
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #272 on: March 23, 2023, 08:13:30 pm »
never thought i'd say "wow, the guy from Crazy Horse is moving in on the guy from The Cure's turf," yet here we are...

Neil Young, Responding To The Cure Ticketmaster Fiasco, Says Touring Is Broken
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #273 on: April 02, 2023, 02:38:11 am »
Robert Smith Says The Cure Have Canceled 7,000 Scalped Tickets to Their Upcoming Tour
Money from the canceled tickets will be donated to Amnesty International

now he's just milking it...
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #274 on: April 08, 2023, 05:20:33 pm »
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #275 on: May 02, 2023, 07:44:06 am »
thank you robert smith!

For your recent order for The Cure, you will receive a partial refund of $10.00 per ticket.

This is all thanks to Robert Smith.

Guys, I think we're doing it wrong :(

"Rapino argued that fans are willing to pay high prices, even those inflated by dynamic pricing, because they see “concerts as a really special moment in their life.”

“It’s a magic moment, maybe twice a year – way cheaper than Disneyland, or the Super Bowl, or the NFL or the NBA playoffs, or an expensive night out,” Rapino said. “So it’s really cheap overall considering.

“This is a great, great product that people will buy, as they’re gonna buy the Gucci bag. They’re gonna buy moments in life where they will step up, and spoil themselves – the big screen TV and or whatever it may be.”

He continued: “This is a business where we can charge a bit more. I’m not saying excessively, but it’s a great two-hour performance of a lifetime, that happens once every three, four years in that market. You don’t have to underprice yourself — low to middle income [people] will make their way to that arena for that special night.”

https://www.nme.com/news/music/live-nation-ceo-addresses-the-cure-ticketing-controversy-and-rising-gig-prices-3437833

Hutch

« Reply #276 on: May 02, 2023, 07:59:48 am »
Rapino is such an ass.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #277 on: May 02, 2023, 08:05:34 am »
So by his logic, if you go to 25 shows/year, fees should be almost non-existent? I do like the idea of dynamic fees!!!

Or maybe this: pay a $50 annual membership and get fee-free ticketing.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #278 on: May 02, 2023, 09:05:40 am »
...but it’s a great two-hour performance of a lifetime, that happens once every three, four years...

This guy has a weird concept of time.
😐 🎶