Author Topic: Best rock clubs in America list  (Read 32034 times)

Got Haggis?

Re: Best rock clubs in America list
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 12:10:38 pm »
man, can i just say how much i fucking hate websites where you have to click an arrow to see each entry for 'best of' or countdown or whatever lists?  give them to me on all one page you fucking terrible marketing/web designers

see: this site, huffingtonpost, baltimore sun, etc

/rant

atomicfront

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2013, 12:14:27 pm »
man, can i just say how much i fucking hate websites where you have to click an arrow to see each entry for 'best of' or countdown or whatever lists?  give them to me on all one page you fucking terrible marketing/web designers

see: this site, huffingtonpost, baltimore sun, etc

/rant

I agree.  I didn't look at the links you can see the name of the clubs by hovering over the photos.

slappy

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2013, 01:30:18 pm »
I don't get the complaints on this thread.  You haven't even mentioned one club on the list that doesn't belong.   

Belly Up - Aspen
I'll take any 1 week of the 9:30 summer shows over the entire summer lineup at Belly Up.
And you better have $$ to go during snow season.
Plus no club under 10 years old has really paid it's dues to belong on the list.

When they title it 'Venues that Rock' - Joe's Pub doesn't fit the bill. It's like the Birchmere crossed with Blue's Alley in line up.

No 9:30, 1st Avenue, Cat's Cradle, Stubb's = shit list

atomicfront

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2013, 01:42:47 pm »
I don't get the complaints on this thread.  You haven't even mentioned one club on the list that doesn't belong.   

Belly Up - Aspen
I'll take any 1 week of the 9:30 summer shows over the entire summer lineup at Belly Up.
Plus no club under 10 years old has really paid it's dues to belong on the list.

When they title it 'Venues that Rock' - Joe's Pub doesn't fit the bill. It's like the Birchmere crossed with Blue's Alley in line up.

Why would yo want a list of places you already know about? 

James Ford

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2013, 01:45:15 pm »
Can we get back to talking about beer and whiskey? Damn, this thread and the one about best music of the first quarter suck.

I wonder if they start threads on football message boards to discuss lists of the best stadiums and best first quarters.

atomicfront

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2013, 01:51:00 pm »
Can we get back to talking about beer and whiskey? Damn, this thread and the one about best music of the first quarter suck.

I wonder if they start threads on football message boards to discuss lists of the best stadiums and best first quarters.

There are annoying threads on sports team sites whenever someone in the press doesn't pick their team to win the championship the fans belittle the author.

This is even more silly as it is all subjective.  What makes a rock bar better than another.  I like the ottobar 100 times better than 930 club as it is much closer to my house, has cheaper beer, smaller, and i never have to pay to park.  I go to the 930 club when I feel like I feel like I have to see a band like Jens Lekman or Magnetic Fields.  Not because of a love of a venue. If it were so good it would be in Baltimore.

hutch

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2013, 02:08:52 pm »

people discuss best baseball stadiums all the time!!!!!!!!

anyhow I was surprised the 930 club did not make the cut as I always thought it was the industry standard.

I think the pollstar award may simply have to do with how many tickets the 930 sells but I am not sure..

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2013, 02:14:35 pm »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2013, 02:43:35 pm »
If it were so good it would be in Baltimore.

*facepalm*
<sig>

slappy

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2013, 03:19:34 pm »

Belly Up - Aspen

Why would yo want a list of places you already know about? 
I wouldn't personally but the list is called 'Best Clubs in America - Venues that Rock' not 'Best Clubs in America you may not know about'.

I agree with you on that point.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2013, 09:57:05 am »
All shall be revealed

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2013, 10:20:30 am »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2013, 10:31:50 am »
great.  now i've got "kashmir" stuck in my head.
<sig>

atomicfront

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2013, 10:37:41 am »
If it were so good it would be in Baltimore.

*facepalm*

My point is that I would enjoy the 930 club a lot more if I lived in DC.   Right now I think, geez I have to make that drive on a weeknight.  There will be a lot of traffic and by the time I get there all the free parking will be gone and I will have to pay 20 bucks to park.

showlistdc

• http://www.showlistdc.com
    • Comprehensive DC-area concert calendar
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2013, 10:49:54 am »
by the time I get there all the free parking will be gone and I will have to pay 20 bucks to park.
...."all the free parking"?!  there are always street spots around the 9:30-- I've never had to pay to park there (and lots of times, I have to squeak in just before the headliner, due to work/etc., so I'm not always an early bird).