Author Topic: Best rock clubs in America list  (Read 32064 times)

atomicfront

Re: Best rock clubs in America list
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2013, 10:52:48 am »
by the time I get there all the free parking will be gone and I will have to pay 20 bucks to park.
...."all the free parking"?!  there are always street spots around the 9:30-- I've never had to pay to park there (and lots of times, I have to squeak in just before the headliner, due to work/etc., so I'm not always an early bird).

Where do you park?

showlistdc

• http://www.showlistdc.com
    • Comprehensive DC-area concert calendar
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2013, 11:06:31 am »
usually on 8th street between Barry and V.  If that's all parked up, I try 9th St. north of Barry.

There's also typically parking in the neighborhood on the other side of 9th/Florida.

atomicfront

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2013, 11:10:09 am »
usually on 8th street between Barry and V.  If that's all parked up, I try 9th St. north of Barry.

There's also typically parking in the neighborhood on the other side of 9th/Florida.

Yeah i typically park on 8th street.  But if that is filled up I use the payed lot.  I wouldn't walk on 9th street above Barry.  That is a long walk in a bad neighborhood.  No reason to get killed to save a few bucks.

showlistdc

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2013, 11:13:33 am »
Yeah i typically park on 8th street.  But if that is filled up I use the payed lot.  I wouldn't walk on 9th street above Barry.  That is a long walk in a bad neighborhood.  No reason to get killed to save a few bucks.
....bad neighborhood?  really?  I've never felt unsafe there.  Then again, I don't consider 2 blocks a "long walk".

If you consider the area around the 9:30 club to be a "bad neighborhood", then yes, paying for parking is definitely your best bet.

atomicfront

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2013, 11:16:47 am »
....bad neighborhood?  really?  I've never felt unsafe there.  Then again, I don't consider 2 blocks a "long walk".

If you consider the area around the 9:30 club to be a "bad neighborhood", then yes, paying for parking is definitely your best bet.

Back when it was the WUST music hall I have seen violent crimes occur on 9th street.  I don't know if it happens anymore as I don't park on 9th street since then.

showlistdc

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2013, 11:31:02 am »
Back when it was the WUST music hall I have seen violent crimes occur on 9th street.  I don't know if it happens anymore as I don't park on 9th street since then.

OK, well, if you're going to base your opinions of a neighborhood based on how it was back in the mid-90s, then that's your choice.

Don't go to Mount Pleasant, because I hear there was a sniper there once.  and riots too.

atomicfront

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2013, 11:43:28 am »

OK, well, if you're going to base your opinions of a neighborhood based on how it was back in the mid-90s, then that's your choice.

Don't go to Mount Pleasant, because I hear there was a sniper there once.  and riots too.

It is not like I have had a reason to go further north and explore the area.  I mean even a couple of years ago their were bums living in the the alley behind the fence on 8th street.  To me it appears to be a bad neighborhood.  It might not be as bad as it used to be but I have no evidence that it is better. 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2013, 11:49:00 am »
dc equals get shot get stabbed at anytime anyplace.

azaghal1981

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2013, 11:55:54 am »
The thing is when you say that, it is clear that you are kidding. Atomicfront sounds (laughably) totally serious. That or he is trolling.

احمد

atomicfront

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2013, 11:58:52 am »

Not really.  But I actually saw someone get assaulted on 9th street.   I also saw someone drive their car almost hitting some guy than get out of his car and go after the guy he almost hit.  Some cops came up to stop that one.  It was a long time ago I will admit but I guess I would need some evidence that the neighborhood is changed. 

stevewizzle

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2013, 02:37:26 pm »

dc resident here.  can confirm this.  i was both shot and stabbed today at 6am while i was sleeping in my own bed.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2013, 02:40:24 pm »
lying qualifies you for hell

Got Haggis?

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2013, 02:47:17 pm »
living in baltimore, i find it laughable anywhere around the 930 would be considered 'bad'

although i do remember the WUST days..i was also much younger and not as experienced back then...much less 'street smart'

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2013, 03:32:02 pm »
i live in the vanilla-white safe suburbs, but i have to trek through the evil chocolate depths of downtown DC for work.

i get shot and stabbed on a daily basis - on my way to work, and then again on my way back.  you people who live far away from here and don't spend time in the city totally have it right.  this place is death waiting to happen. 

advice: please stay away.
<sig>