Author Topic: Boston Marathon Bombing  (Read 19615 times)

vansmack

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2013, 01:22:45 am »
april 19 (the actual day of battles that "patriots day" honor) is connected to tim mcveigh/okc bombing

Just to clarify, McVeigh's bombing, while on Patriot's Day, had nothing to do with Patriot's Day.  It was the two year anniversary of the end of the David Koresh/Branch Davidian's standoff in Waco, TX, which was April 19, 1993. McVeigh committed his act on April 19, 1995.

But just to add to it, the timeframe of April 10-20 has always been a part of public tragedy in the US (Columbine was April 20, VA Tech was April 17) and personal hardships for me personally (two broken bones[ '90, '04], a collapsed lung ['96], an apartment burned down ['05] and a chronic illness diagnosis ['10]).  I have always hated this week.  I mean REALLY fucking hated this week and said so as much Sunday night only to wake up to this.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 01:30:49 am by vansmack »
27>34

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2013, 03:31:50 am »
Proof is in the unprofessional jumping the gun that the media is guilty of time and time again.

Yes, "the media", especially the corporate and conservative varieties, often jump the gun but of what is that proof?

http://www.humanevents.com/2011/01/10/the-climate-of-krugman/

The list goes on and on. The day of the colorado theater shooting, the media jumped on the blame wagon. Even Christopher Dorner, the infamous LAPD slayer, was praised by the media as they "could certainly understand" why he did the the horrific things he did and I should as well.

Apart from that, I was simply commenting on the media's inability to hold off when it comes to these situations. The discussion was about the possible subject in question that NBC claimed had been detained that turned out being completely unfounded. The article I linked was simply because it was the most cohesive example of this trend in the media. If I could find an article talking about all the prominent conservative voices jumping straight to international terrorism I would have posted that (and naturally, there was no trend like this out there). You sir had to take it elsewhere. But no matter, people like you feel the slightest criticism and react as you do.

K8teebug

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2013, 09:49:29 am »
I am so sad this happened.  I can't even put into words all of the friendships and fun times running has brought to my life.  Luckily, all of our friends and their families were safe yesterday.  My thoughts go out to everyone who died or was injured.

A dark day...

K8teebug

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2013, 09:49:55 am »
And I WILL keep running.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2013, 10:26:35 am »
Proof is in the unprofessional jumping the gun that the media is guilty of time and time again.

Yes, "the media", especially the corporate and conservative varieties, often jump the gun but of what is that proof?

http://www.humanevents.com/2011/01/10/the-climate-of-krugman/

The list goes on and on. The day of the colorado theater shooting, the media jumped on the blame wagon. Even Christopher Dorner, the infamous LAPD slayer, was praised by the media as they "could certainly understand" why he did the the horrific things he did and I should as well.

Apart from that, I was simply commenting on the media's inability to hold off when it comes to these situations. The discussion was about the possible subject in question that NBC claimed had been detained that turned out being completely unfounded. The article I linked was simply because it was the most cohesive example of this trend in the media. If I could find an article talking about all the prominent conservative voices jumping straight to international terrorism I would have posted that (and naturally, there was no trend like this out there). You sir had to take it elsewhere. But no matter, people like you feel the slightest criticism and react as you do.

Stochastic terrorism
😐 🎶

Yada

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2013, 10:37:24 am »
I'm about ready to move out to Walky-land and live in a yurt.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2013, 11:12:03 am »
😐 🎶

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2013, 01:18:13 pm »
i think one good thing that will come out of this tragedy . . . people will stop caring, maybe even watching these lunatic antigovernment "they are taking away my freedoms" and bring politics into everything that comes out of their mouths.  like ratbastard.  maybe people like that will finally be watched by the fbi.  people like that do things like this.  ruby ridge, waco, bunkers in backyards, foxnews, breitbart, drudge, mass collecting guns, the democrat is the "enemy", sarah palin, the whole thing.  maybe people will start punching people in the mouth when they say "bammy this" and "libertard that."  maybe we will shut them the fuck up, for a change.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2013, 01:25:51 pm »
I thought the walkie approach to detente involved DSO and "herb".
T.Rex

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2013, 01:32:00 pm »
only for atomicfront . . . hes built like a linebacker, remember?

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
😐 🎶

vansmack

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2013, 10:30:14 pm »
27>34

azaghal1981

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2013, 12:17:45 am »
Friedman is such a tool.
And a (probable) liar.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 12:56:25 am by azaghal1981 »
احمد

K8teebug

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2013, 09:18:00 am »
Bring on the Next Marathon

I'll run it.

Am running the Nike 1/2 next weekend in Boston Marathon colors (with my TNT shirt too of course)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2013, 09:23:19 am »
Bring on the Next Marathon

I'll run it.

Am running the Nike 1/2 next weekend in Boston Marathon colors (with my TNT shirt too of course)

And I'll be running Frederick on May 5th without fear.