Author Topic: Record Store Day 4/20  (Read 26286 times)

killsaly

Re: Record Store Day 4/20
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2013, 04:56:06 pm »
edit: never mind
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 04:59:35 pm by killsaly »

atomicfront

« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2013, 05:00:09 pm »
blah blah blah keep listening to your boring ass Beach House garbage  ::)

oops i did it again and answered one of your posts.  Never again.  MUST ignore.

Yeah a band like Double Dagger playing a boring style of music that died in 1983 is much more entertaining.  Worse band in Baltimore ever. 

Which band is playing the Lyric on Friday Night?  And which band broke up and no one gave a shit about?

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2013, 05:16:51 pm »
Seriously. I miss flawd.
😐 🎶

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2013, 06:19:31 pm »
Anyone know where I can find a copy of "Amusement" by Husker Du?

I saw a few copies of that at Ka-Chunk in Annapolis on Sunday. Not sure if they're still there, but give them a call. Staff is really friendly.

Jesse now has the inside track on being Forumite of the week.
T.Rex

killsaly

« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2013, 07:22:54 pm »
Atomic, I dont care what you listen to, or if you think bands I like are good. I was just messing around with you. 

I do recommend reading that City Paper article to anyone even remotely interested in the Baltimore art and music scene.

http://citypaper.com/news/issue-17-the-retirement-of-double-dagger-1.1477988

K8teebug

« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2013, 09:11:27 am »
blah blah blah keep listening to your boring ass Beach House garbage  ::)

oops i did it again and answered one of your posts.  Never again.  MUST ignore.

Yeah a band like Double Dagger playing a boring style of music that died in 1983 is much more entertaining.  Worse band in Baltimore ever. 

Which band is playing the Lyric on Friday Night?  And which band broke up and no one gave a shit about?

Beach House didn't make the cover of the City Paper because they are terrible. 

K8teebug

« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2013, 09:11:50 am »
Atomic, I dont care what you listen to, or if you think bands I like are good. I was just messing around with you. 

I do recommend reading that City Paper article to anyone even remotely interested in the Baltimore art and music scene.

http://citypaper.com/news/issue-17-the-retirement-of-double-dagger-1.1477988

Thank you for this article!

azaghal1981

« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2013, 09:17:25 am »
I read that last night. Great piece. The stuff about bands being thrust into the public eye before they are ready is so dead on.
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2013, 09:34:03 am »
I read that last night. Great piece. The stuff about bands being thrust into the public eye before they are ready is so dead on.

but people like atomicfront won't know the difference, so why not grab the spotlight sooner rather than later?  you can work out your stage presence at some later point.
<sig>

atomicfront

« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2013, 10:10:41 am »

but people like atomicfront won't know the difference, so why not grab the spotlight sooner rather than later?  you can work out your stage presence at some later point.

I know the difference between great stage presence and none.  It has nothing to do with how long you have been around.  Scissor Sister had it from day one. Lou Reed still doesn't have it. 

Of Monsters and Men awesome stage presence.  New Order none.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 10:14:24 am by atomicfront »

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2013, 10:25:42 am »
Beach House is a nice band, I have one of their records and like it fine.  But best band in the world?  Are you actually serious?

atomicfront

« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2013, 10:36:28 am »
Beach House is a nice band, I have one of their records and like it fine.  But best band in the world?  Are you actually serious?

Yeah right now they are the best band in the world, IMHO.  Two masterepiece albums in a row.  Who would you rate as the best band in the world?  Maybe you should start a new thread on the subject as this has nothing to do with record store day. 

James Ford

« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2013, 10:37:13 am »

I know the difference between great stage presence and none.  It has nothing to do with how long you have been around.  Scissor Sister had it from day one. Lou Reed still doesn't have it. 

atomicfront

« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2013, 10:42:34 am »

How is a single photo going to show whether someone has stage presence or not.  Go to their show and then you can report back.  Arcade Fire had great stage presence from day one.  Thinking that somehow experience makes you become star worthy.  Where would child actors come from if this were true?

And so everyone could be Brad Pitt if they spent enough time practicing. 

stevewizzle

« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2013, 10:49:14 am »
How is a single photo going to show whether someone has stage presence or not. 

well, here you go.