Author Topic: The Band Reincarnation Thread  (Read 11640 times)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
The Band Reincarnation Thread
« on: April 26, 2013, 03:19:33 am »
Since so many are springing back to life, I thought it was high time to give them their own thread.

Via Robert Hampson regarding Loop.

"Thank You all... please be patient. News coming very soon.

I will say this... the line-up is Mr John Wills (Drums) Mr Neil Mackay (Bass) Mr Scott Dowson (Guitar) and some grey haired old fool who should know better grumbling into a mic

That's yer lot for now"

azaghal1981

Re: The Band Reincarnation Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 06:27:33 am »
Just read this. Very awesome news. Also really unexpected.

احمد

Jaguar

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 06:58:14 am »
^ Not really all that unexpected but definitely a pleasant one. Robert has been creeping his way out for a little while now. It was bound to happen.

More ......

"Dear Friends, LOOP are planning further shows and we hope to traverse all parts of this wonderful planet. Please be patient and news will be arriving with confirmed concerts in the very near future.

It was a long time ago... and it didn't really finish that well. I'm not sure anyone of us can really put our fingers on specific reasons, for they are legion, but after many many years of being asked why not play again, I can't seem to find any excuses for why not to anymore.To always pursue a forward motion has been my goal, but what goes around comes around as they say.

It seems that as much as you try to run as far as you can away from it, your past will always haunt you. I have never really slept well over the demise of Loop, it always felt unfinished. If I had a pound coin given to me for every time I get asked to reform Loop, I'd be a very rich man by now. I had always baulked at the idea, especially when I have been asked to perform songs with a pick-up band, something I could never do... ever.

It's not that I am precious, but at the same time, without John and Neil holding down that centre, I'd never be able to wave, it would never be the same.
I'm so proud to say that the line-up of John Wills, Neil Mackay, Scott Dowson and myself have agreed to perform a limited number of shows from late 2013 to mid 2014 at various venues across the world. To perform from all stages of the Loop arc, enjoy it again, hoping that we make plenty of people happy again and maybe give people a chance to see it for the first time... then, we can put it finally to rest with a better feeling of completion and that a chapter is really over. I sincerely hope it maybe refreshing to us and to others. For some, it may simply not be on their radar anymore. Well, it's simple enough for them, don't buy a ticket. It's going to blink and you miss it because it's not going to be around long, I refuse to prolong it and for it to become embarrassing. It'll be sharp and to the point...straight to your heart and then, it's gone.

ATP is the only place this could happen and be done well. Who else would offer the chance not only to play but also curate some of the bands alongside Loop on the day. It's quite special to be able to do this and make it happen. Besides, Barry Hogan has pestered me for so long about this, it would seem rather unfair not to let him have his 5 minutes of fame getting Loop to play again.

RH April 2013"

Hey, Seth.....    ;D

Jaguar

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 07:03:14 am »
Rhett, don't even bother. Spare us from your disdane. We all know it's not Wilco and that's why some of us prefer them. As Robert said, "For some, it may simply not be on their radar anymore. Well, it's simple enough for them, don't buy a ticket." Simple as that.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 07:32:11 am »
A few years ago I bought a used copy of A Gilded Eternity (to replace my cassette  ;D).  Inside of it I found a newspaper clipping of a gig they played back at the old 930 with board favorite Nirvana as an opener.  Thud was on the bill, too.  Wish I had been there.

Will be there if they make it to DC. for sure.

azaghal1981

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 08:27:17 am »
I guess I didn't expect it because I had not been paying attention to anything he had done solo and was oblivious to any rumbles.

The "It would only work at ATP" stuff is kind of confounding especially after he said they plan to play everywhere.
احمد

James Ford

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 09:10:55 am »
As usual, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Early onset Alzheimers on your part, I suspect. Take care of yourself!

Rhett, don't even bother. Spare us from your disdane. We all know it's not Wilco and that's why some of us prefer them. As Robert said, "For some, it may simply not be on their radar anymore. Well, it's simple enough for them, don't buy a ticket." Simple as that.

Relaxer

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 09:21:26 am »
I really really hope that Comets on Fire comes out of their haitus soon, at least before I am, or they are, too old to really do it right.
oword

twangirl

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 05:01:23 pm »
The other day I was thinking about how happy I'd be to see Catherine Wheel again

atomicfront

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 05:07:45 pm »
Cocteau Twins would be awesome as I never saw them live.

azaghal1981

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2013, 05:28:42 pm »
Hell yes!
The other day I was thinking about how happy I'd be to see Catherine Wheel again
احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2013, 05:29:42 pm »
The last Six Organs record is pretty much a Comets record, no? They all contributed. Great sign if anything. I never saw them.

I really really hope that Comets on Fire comes out of their haitus soon, at least before I am, or they are, too old to really do it right.
احمد

killsaly

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2013, 07:37:13 pm »
Swans and Mission of Burma are two bands that went on hiatus, and then came back kicking ass, that I have seen over the last few months. 

azaghal1981

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2013, 10:23:13 pm »
Dinosaur Jr. are a third.
All three are arguably at their creative peaks right now.
احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2013, 10:32:09 pm »
احمد