Author Topic: atomicfront's Thread of Contrarianism?  (Read 122702 times)

atomicfront

Re: atomicfront's Thread of Contrarianism?
« Reply #180 on: June 25, 2013, 06:26:01 pm »
i'll give you traffic, the people, and sports teams by a hair (although your hockey sucks).  i don't know about hospitals.  an argument can be made for both city's music scenes (i prefer DC, but i recognize that a lot of good stuff goes down in b'more).  but better architecture and art?  not a chance.

Really you think the architecture in DC is better?  I hate DC architecture.  I think it is the worst in the US.  All those ugly short white buildings with the roman columns?  Mt Vernon Square alone has better architecture than all of DC.  Does DC have a lot of artists?  I might be wrong as I am not an expert but it seems like there are more artists in Baltimore.  Definitely way more art students.  

And what music scene does DC have?  I can name 20 Baltimore bands better than DC's best.  Come on get serious on this one.  Maybe in the 80's DC's was better but now DC's scene is a joke.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #181 on: June 26, 2013, 10:56:36 am »
Ratting out Washington's tiresome anti-Baltimore Contempt:

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/113600/washington-posts-latest-anti-baltimore-putdown-rats#

I don't get why people consider Washington a better city.  I don't like DC at all.  The architecture is so much better in Baltimore.  The music scene is so much better. The art world is so much better.  Traffic is better.  Hospitals are better.  People are friendlier.  Sports teams are better. 
Somehow, DC is cleaner than Baltimore. Baltimore is a shit hole. The whole city is under a bridge of some kind.

I love the place, I love my friends from there, but it's a shit hole. Same with Philly.
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #182 on: June 26, 2013, 11:03:49 am »
Having lived in both Baltimore and DC, I'm going to vote for Baltimore. In a landslide.

I wish Fairfax County, VA was a suburb of Baltimore, and I could make a DC salary by working in Baltimore and living in Fairfax County.

vansmack

« Reply #183 on: June 26, 2013, 11:35:38 am »
I live in in San Francisco, so I don't understand what this conversation is about.
27>34

James Ford

« Reply #184 on: June 26, 2013, 11:50:03 am »
If I could move my job to San Diego, Portland, or Seattle...I would move in a heartbeat.

If I could move my job to San Francisco or LA, I'd stay on the East Coast.  ;D

I live in in San Francisco, so I don't understand what this conversation is about.

atomicfront

« Reply #185 on: June 26, 2013, 11:50:15 am »

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/113600/washington-posts-latest-anti-baltimore-putdown-rats#

I don't get why people consider Washington a better city.  I don't like DC at all.  The architecture is so much better in Baltimore.  The music scene is so much better. The art world is so much better.  Traffic is better.  Hospitals are better.  People are friendlier.  Sports teams are better. 
Somehow, DC is cleaner than Baltimore. Baltimore is a shit hole. The whole city is under a bridge of some kind.

I love the place, I love my friends from there, but it's a shit hole. Same with Philly.

Funny thing is I feel the same way about DC.  I guess that is why I don't live there and the people who live there are so rude. I don't get the bridge thing though.  WTF are you talking about?  

atomicfront

« Reply #186 on: June 26, 2013, 11:50:50 am »

San Francisco woudl be a great city to move to if the housing wasn't so expensive.  I guess everyone wants to move there.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #187 on: June 26, 2013, 01:02:31 pm »

Funny thing is I feel the same way about DC.  I guess that is why I don't live there and the people who live there are so rude. I don't get the bridge thing though.  WTF are you talking about?  
Baltimore people are rude.
‼‼?‼‼

killsaly

« Reply #188 on: June 26, 2013, 01:05:15 pm »
I believe he was saying they are less rude than DC.

James Ford

« Reply #189 on: June 26, 2013, 01:12:05 pm »
After attending the Dwight Yoakam concert last Friday and subsequently walking down U Street at 1am or so, I almost started a thread when I got home to the effect of "DC has more douchey people than any other city". But I held off.

Just thought I'd add that to the conversation.

atomicfront

« Reply #190 on: June 26, 2013, 01:23:06 pm »
I believe he was saying they are less rude than DC.

Yeah definitely less rude.  But if you compare them to people from say San Antonio or Nashville then Baltimore is rude. 

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #191 on: June 26, 2013, 02:06:52 pm »
After attending the Dwight Yoakam concert last Friday and subsequently walking down U Street at 1am or so, I almost started a thread when I got home to the effect of "DC has more douchey people than any other city". But I held off.

I was walking down 14th, between U and R, on Saturday night around 6 or 7 and there are SO many douchebags. Too many patios, too many restaurants, too squeaky clean. Damn you, gentrification.
‼‼?‼‼

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #192 on: June 26, 2013, 02:10:04 pm »
you do realize . . . that people are rude.  so many reason can make somebody be rude and carry that rudeness around.  so interesting, i love to stare at peoples rudeness.

atomicfront

« Reply #193 on: June 26, 2013, 02:12:08 pm »

I was walking down 14th, between U and R, on Saturday night around 6 or 7 and there are SO many douchebags. Too many patios, too many restaurants, too squeaky clean. Damn you, gentrification.

I guess you prefer when that stretch was filled with prostitutes and massage palors.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #194 on: June 26, 2013, 02:15:19 pm »
i was going to post this whole long tirade about, how is that somebody would choose old city versus new more vital to the community and area, city.  but thank you for letting me off the hook, atomicfront.  did we ever discuss how you got your name?