Author Topic: Foals / Surfer Blood DJ Setlist  (Read 5934 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Foals / Surfer Blood DJ Setlist
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 02:42:52 pm »
Just for Relaxer I will do as he requested next time.  Ideally I'd tweet real time, but don't have enough time between songs to do so.
T.Rex

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 10:50:26 pm »
Did club management strongly encourage DJs to create entirely new threads for every show they DJ? If so, perhaps Djs should create new threads for each song they play so we can be sure not to miss a single hit!

you're getting really bitchy in your dotage.
(o|o)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2013, 03:27:13 am »
Personally, I'm happy with things the way they are. If something is done, I'd think it would be best to create an entirely new category solely for DJ setlists but then use separate threads for each list. Only allow the DJs to start new threads in that category. Don't know if that is possible though.

It's the club's forum so I don't really care at all how it's handled. Not that anal retentive about it all.

azaghal1981

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2013, 07:50:24 am »
#firstworldproblems

On a somewhat related note, the Yo La Tengo mix the last time they played the club was the best band programmed DJ setlist I have heard at 930.
احمد

James Ford

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2013, 08:12:00 am »
It seems like if you were going to see a band play, you'd already know the names of their songs. Whereas you wouldn't necessarily know the stuff the dj played.

last i heard, club management "strongly encourages" DJs to post their setlist on the forum.

a'front: some bands take control of the music before they go on, so what you're listening to is whatever they want (they usually provide a mix CD).  otherwise, the 930 club has a DJ (like ravedubin) play toons... and they posts what they played here on the forum.

Well if the club is encouraging him to post his songs he plays on here I shouldn't be busting his chops.   But it is strange to me that they post what songs a dj plays and not what songs the actual band played.  Which would be more interesting to me.  But like I said there are already sites for that.  But if someone lead off the set list the band played on stage it might lead to interesting follow-up.  But whatver I am done bitching about this.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2013, 10:12:14 am »
It seems like if you were going to see a band play, you'd already know the names of their songs. Whereas you wouldn't necessarily know the stuff the dj played.

last i heard, club management "strongly encourages" DJs to post their setlist on the forum.

a'front: some bands take control of the music before they go on, so what you're listening to is whatever they want (they usually provide a mix CD).  otherwise, the 930 club has a DJ (like ravedubin) play toons... and they posts what they played here on the forum.

Well if the club is encouraging him to post his songs he plays on here I shouldn't be busting his chops.   But it is strange to me that they post what songs a dj plays and not what songs the actual band played.  Which would be more interesting to me.  But like I said there are already sites for that.  But if someone lead off the set list the band played on stage it might lead to interesting follow-up.  But whatver I am done bitching about this.

For the most part, I agree but occassionally a band will pull out some obscure number that catches the crowd by surprise. They often announce those sort but it's not always all the easy to understand what someone is saying over a PA system, especially if you are stuck next to a group of obnoxious talkers. A posted band setlist would be nice but that's asking too much from Seth as it would be hell for him to expect one from the band.

showlistdc

• http://www.showlistdc.com
    • Comprehensive DC-area concert calendar
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2013, 11:28:06 am »
9:30 tumblr sometimes posts band set lists.

I also don't mind DJ setlists getting a new thread for each show-- easier to find them that way.  It's a little bit different for the SLDC thread, where when I update this week's "recently updated" list, I'm also deleting last week's-- so no history is preserved.  Very different from the band DJ lists, where each show is a completely different DJ set list.

Relaxer

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2013, 11:44:52 am »
FINE
oword