Author Topic: Foals / Surfer Blood DJ Setlist  (Read 5935 times)

ravedubin

Foals / Surfer Blood DJ Setlist
« on: May 06, 2013, 07:39:04 am »
Here's what you may have heard
Short but sweet

Maximum Balloon feat. Karen O - Communion
Mystery Jets - Veiled In Grey
Wild Party - Outright
The Bewitched Hands - Boss
Bloc Party - Mean
Atlas Genius - Back Seat
Phoenix - Drakkar Noir
Silversun Pickups - Little Lover's So Polite

Blondfire on stage

Can - I Want More
The Dandy Warhols - Plan A
Talking Heads - Memories Can't Wait
Ghostland Observatory - Rich Man

Surfer Blood on stage

Foals controlled the rest of the night

That's all folks!

Relaxer

Re: Foals / Surfer Blood DJ Setlist
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 09:37:13 am »
In my opinion, these are barely worth making posts about, much less entirely new threads. Hope this helps!
oword

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 09:56:24 am »
I enjoy them.  Will look up stuff I am not aware of.

To each their own, I guess.

reggie

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 10:06:05 am »
I enjoy them.  Will look up stuff I am not aware of.

To each their own, I guess.

+1 I like these posts. I forgot about that awesome Can song so I just youtubed it!

Relaxer

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 10:09:33 am »
And you need entirely new threads to enjoy them. Okay, got it.
oword

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 10:18:36 am »
Maybe they could be posted the same way ShowlistDC does it.....one thread that gets constantly updated?  Would that be a fair compromise?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 11:22:02 am »
Yeah this seems like a huge non-issue to me.  I don't get anything out of these threads, but am fully capable of ignoring them.  Don't like 'em?  Leave 'em alone!  It's not like they're a waste of pixels or anything.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 11:27:21 am »
leave some crying for the babies

Relaxer

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 11:38:31 am »
OH NO YOU DI'INT
CHAZ IN THE HAYOUSE HE DONT TAKE NO GUFF CUZ HE SO TUFF
oword

atomicfront

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 11:43:32 am »
I think they should be relegated to one thread if someone actually cares about them.  Maybe the thread could be in shows this week or something.  And if you are going to include this set list you could tell us what they are about.  Is this Foals and Surfer Blood members at the 930 club being guest dj's?  I have no idea.

killsaly

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 01:21:00 pm »
The music Foals picked before they went on was pretty awful (at least the fifteen minutes I heard). 

atomicfront

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 01:23:15 pm »
The music Foals picked before they went on was pretty awful (at least the fifteen minutes I heard). 

So this is what bands want to be played during the time between sets?  They aren't actually dj'ing?  Who would even care?  If you want to know the song there are apps for you phone that can tell you.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2013, 01:58:23 pm »
last i heard, club management "strongly encourages" DJs to post their setlist on the forum.

a'front: some bands take control of the music before they go on, so what you're listening to is whatever they want (they usually provide a mix CD).  otherwise, the 930 club has a DJ (like ravedubin) play toons... and they posts what they played here on the forum.
<sig>

Relaxer

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2013, 02:17:54 pm »
Did club management strongly encourage DJs to create entirely new threads for every show they DJ? If so, perhaps Djs should create new threads for each song they play so we can be sure not to miss a single hit!
oword

atomicfront

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2013, 02:38:51 pm »
last i heard, club management "strongly encourages" DJs to post their setlist on the forum.

a'front: some bands take control of the music before they go on, so what you're listening to is whatever they want (they usually provide a mix CD).  otherwise, the 930 club has a DJ (like ravedubin) play toons... and they posts what they played here on the forum.

Well if the club is encouraging him to post his songs he plays on here I shouldn't be busting his chops.   But it is strange to me that they post what songs a dj plays and not what songs the actual band played.  Which would be more interesting to me.  But like I said there are already sites for that.  But if someone lead off the set list the band played on stage it might lead to interesting follow-up.  But whatver I am done bitching about this.