Author Topic: Peter Murphy  (Read 1806 times)

Got Haggis?

Peter Murphy
« on: May 06, 2013, 09:27:39 am »
Did anyone else go to this Saturday night?  It was pretty good - disappointed he didn't play Bela Lugosi's Dead though...I mean..come on.  Also, he seemed pretty annoyed with the sound guy..I missed the first band, did they complain about the sound as well?  When I walked in there were people on the stage trying to get everyone to be quiet

Relaxer

Re: Peter Murphy
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 09:35:19 am »
It was a good show -- except for the fact that he skips Bela. I mean, come on. This is a Bauhaus nostalgia show and he doesn't play Bauhaus' biggest, most popular song? The problem with doing something like that is it discolors the whole show in a way. "It was good, but." It really is kind of bewildering. I swore they were right about to segue into it from "She's in Parties." The jam they were doing just sounded like it was going to climax with him intoning "...White on white..."

But oh well, you take what you get, and it was good. One too many slow songs but other than Bela, I heard everything I wanted to hear (well, would've liked to hear Terror Couple Kill Colonel, but whattyagonnado) and the sound was good. I'm guessing all the sound issues were monitors because it sounded great where I was.
oword

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 09:50:51 am »
oh wow...he did that song in other cities if you look at setlist.fm

http://www.setlist.fm/search?query=peter+murphy
(_|_)

betao

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 11:47:12 pm »
Bela would've been cool to hear but I saw David J do it last fall so I can get by without it. Highlights for me were Double Dare, God in an Alcove, and the Dead Can Dance cover of Severance. All in all a great show since I never got to see Bauhaus as a full band.

The sound had its issues but they worked through it. What was that girl onstage trying to tell the crowd before Peter?