Author Topic: how did you like Sweetlife?  (Read 6238 times)

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
how did you like Sweetlife?
« on: May 12, 2013, 07:41:58 pm »
give it to me baby

James Ford

Re: how did you like Sweetlife?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 07:56:46 pm »
I didn't go, but i can say the bathroom lines sucked.

Just kidding.

wml7

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 08:00:05 pm »
I didn't go this year, but how did the weather hold up?

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 08:04:17 pm »
Weather aside (during Foxygen, argh), I thought it was really well run. This is coming from someone who got to enjoy his first music festival since we had a baby eight months ago (in-laws watched him the whole day), and we have been to a lot of fests pre-baby, so I really made an effort to make the most of the day.

Pavilion access was MUCH easier compared to prior Sweetlifes. I don't know if there wasn't as much demand for pavilion as there was for lawn (which was PACKED) this year, but getting in and out was seamless. Lines for restrooms were tolerable, too.

Really hope you can land some of the same vendors for FreeFest this year. Rappahannock Oyster crab cake for $10 was a STEAL (it's $14 at their Union Market location), and of course amazing.

At any rate, we had a blast. Oh and Seth, if 24oz DC Brau drafts can be a permanent fixture at MPP, that would be swell.

RustyOrgan

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 08:20:02 pm »
I really dug that band SHARK WEEK

hutch

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 09:36:03 pm »
Oh and Seth, if 24oz DC Brau drafts can be a permanent fixture at MPP, that would be swell.

hmm.. that sounds yummy... i love that beer....

wml7

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 10:54:26 pm »
hmm, I guess not that many from the board went to the fest this year.  Makes Sethy mad.
 ;D

Staralfur25

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 01:53:36 am »
It was a blast!!!
I'm glad i paid for pavillion tickets. I had no problem finding a seat.
i really liked where the treehouse stage was located.
9:32 club was killer! 
thank you for the yeah yeah yeahs.

I loved the different beer selections. yum.

a lot of fun was had by all my friends and for that I thank you :-*

azaghal1981

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 06:13:10 am »
I really dug that band SHARK WEEK

Fun band.
I saw them on an odd bill with The Babies (meh) and Lorelei (always awesome) once.
احمد

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 08:53:15 am »
My kid and her friends had a really good time at the festival. They enjoyed the music and the food. The rain not so much.

Yada

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 09:04:34 am »
I can't believe atomicfront missed this festival.

bekessler

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 09:45:37 am »
Had a great time.  Fans inside the shed were great when it was hot and there were a good amount of covered options when the rain came down.  Thought the treehouse stage was very, very well stocked...although my favorite band of the day was the YYYs.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2013, 10:29:22 am »
i didn't make it to this festival because i had plans earlier in the day, and MPP is a hassle to get to.  if i trek out to MPP, i need to do so on the early side so i can beat some of the traffic and get a full day's entertainment in.  leaving at 4, spending 2 hours crawling in traffic and risk missing any of the top half of the bill... can't do it.  i love MPP as a venue but its remoteness is a big minus.

the lineup was solid and if i had nothing else to do that day i would have made the trip out. 
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2013, 11:47:23 am »
i didn't make it to this festival because i had plans earlier in the day, and MPP is a hassle to get to.  if i trek out to MPP, i need to do so on the early side so i can beat some of the traffic and get a full day's entertainment in.  leaving at 4, spending 2 hours crawling in traffic and risk missing any of the top half of the bill... can't do it.  i love MPP as a venue but its remoteness is a big minus.

the lineup was solid and if i had nothing else to do that day i would have made the trip out. 

Hmmm... as a local all of these years, you don't know the MPP trick for not hitting traffic?

Vas Deferens

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2013, 11:51:36 am »
too expensive for a one day fest
(_|_)