Author Topic: 930 Club - on Complex list of Best Concert Venues (plus U St love)  (Read 5249 times)

killsaly

www.complex.com/city-guide/2013/05/the-50-best-concert-venues-in-america/

930 Club is voted number two best concert venue. 
U St Music Hall is number 46. 
The only other area venue was Howard at 21.

i am gay and i like cats

Re: 930 Club - on Complex list of Best Concert Venues (plus U St love)
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 01:35:28 pm »
930 is better . . . than red rocks, or the gorge?

i just took a steaming load of a shit at the office today.  it looked like that list. 

atomicfront

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 01:45:44 pm »
I think the Tower theater in Philly is the best place to see a concert in this area.  They don't make the list.  All those crowded clubs that are basically people standing up squeezed in a fire trap don't all deserve to make the list.   

gavroche

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 02:48:37 pm »
I think the Howard is a horribly run venue and I think the acoustics are weird too.  No thank you.

Yada

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 03:44:17 pm »
I think the Howard is a horribly run venue and I think the acoustics are weird too.  No thank you.

I've been to the Howard once and ate and drank about $150 worth of food and booze for free because I asked for my check three times and no one ever brought it to me.

Would go again!

gavroche

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 04:06:11 pm »
First time I went there were two bands on the bill that we wanted to see.  They posted showtime on their website so we arrived at that time.  Headliner was on the stage at the moment and the opener had already played.  Looked at the show times printed on the ticket (which I bought at the door) and everything was an hour earlier than what had been advertised on the web.

I went to a show which had prices listed on their website for both advance and day of.  When I arrived to buy a ticket it was suddenly $3.50 more than advertised on the website for the day of price.  The ticket gave me the break down of the charges, it wasn't a service fee, they just had the price wrong on the website. 

My friend bought tickets to a show which had not mention that it was a seated show.  Every seat comes with a $10 minimum.  Very annoying to suddenly have a $10 minimum slapped onto your show without knowing it. 

Things like that are just bad management.  I'll go back if there is a show I really want to see, but I wouldn't say it is a good venue.  Definitely not one of the top 50 I've been to in the country, let alone one of the top 50 overall in the country.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 04:14:25 pm by gavroche »

hutch

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 06:27:01 pm »
I'd take the Hamilton over the Howard
but I like the Howard too... had a great time both shows I attended there...

DC really has many great places now.....there's too many venues chasing too few acts..

hutch

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 06:28:01 pm »
but probably no venue with one year or so under its belt should be in the top of anything.....

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 02:57:48 pm »
930 is better . . . than red rocks, or the gorge?

i just took a steaming load of a shit at the office today.  it looked like that list. 

I took a little, tiny, insignificant poop at the office today. It looked like that post.
‼‼?‼‼

wml7

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2022, 10:08:16 am »
this was an odd list of legndary bands that have played there

visited by bands as legendary as The Police, the Ramones, The Bangles, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and the German act Einstürzende Neubauten.

feel like they could have easily came up with a much better list
shocker, the Ramones played a dingy punk club!
slack

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2022, 10:13:52 am »
I think I was at that Einstürzende Neubauten show.

this was an odd list of legndary bands that have played there

visited by bands as legendary as The Police, the Ramones, The Bangles, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and the German act Einstürzende Neubauten.

feel like they could have easily came up with a much better list
shocker, the Ramones played a dingy punk club!

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2022, 04:29:44 pm »
Why the hell is MPP on there? It's a nice amphitheater but it's just an amphitheather.

Wolf Trap should have been on there by amphitheater standards. Even with the dumba55 drinks in the seats policy.

Starsky

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2022, 04:33:25 pm »
Wolftrap should be on there but I am guessing it’s not considered cool cause they get Tom Jones and Tony Bennett type acts although less than they used to not to mention Tom Jones and Tony are pretty cool in my book