Author Topic: Had to be Richmond  (Read 6485 times)

nkotb

Re: Had to be Richmond
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2013, 01:39:33 pm »
Hutch, you're an asshole if you don't cry about this.

But I never got mugged until I lived in Takoma Park, MD, and I never had a beer bottle smashed over my head until I was at a show at the 9:30 Club.

James Ford

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2013, 01:52:55 pm »
Nah, Hutch isn't an asshole if he doesn't cry about this. He's as asshole because he paid $650 for a Rolling Stones ticket.

But I never got mugged until I lived in Takoma Park, MD, and I never had a beer bottle smashed over my head until I was at a show at the 9:30 Club.

nkotb

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2013, 01:53:34 pm »

Nah, Hutch isn't an asshole if he doesn't cry about this. He's as asshole because he paid $650 for a Rolling Stones ticket.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2013, 02:06:45 pm »
im enjoying the adhd nature of some threads . . . ok all threads in here, that have an inner shelf life of what, three to four posts on the original topic, before it spirals off into some other randomly created topic, what because the original topic isnt cool enough? 

We are all just...
😐 🎶

hutch

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2013, 02:16:08 pm »

I think the asshole would be you as you're pulling stuff out of your ass...

no Rolling Stones ticket for me

hutch

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2013, 02:19:08 pm »

seeing his behavior on this board I'd bet he had it coming...

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2013, 02:46:54 pm »
im enjoying the adhd nature of some threads . . . ok all threads in here, that have an inner shelf life of what, three to four posts on the original topic, before it spirals off into some other randomly created topic, what because the original topic isnt cool enough? 

We are all just...

that is my favorite thread here.

James Ford

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2013, 02:55:50 pm »
Oh, great comeback! You really got me good with that one!

hutch

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2013, 03:11:13 pm »
Oh, great comeback! You really got me good with that one!

YEAH! I was surprised by how easily you walked into that one.... ;)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2013, 03:23:07 pm »
I never had a beer bottle smashed over my head until I was at a show at the 9:30 Club.
lol wat
‼‼?‼‼

nkotb

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2013, 03:58:00 pm »
Rhett swore Boilermaker was the better Jesus Lizard song, when clearly it's Mouth Breather, so I brained him with a bottle.

I never had a beer bottle smashed over my head until I was at a show at the 9:30 Club.
lol wat

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2013, 04:06:17 pm »

What show?

James Ford

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2013, 04:18:46 pm »
Cracker/CVB, Fall(?) 2000 (trying to remember the date based on who my gf/date was at the time). Sat in the emergency room at Howard for six hours or so before anybody looked at me. They also tried to charge me like $1000 or so for a two block ambulance ride (which I didn't need but was forced on me), but I didn't pay it.

Why, was it you and you're ready to come clean?  ;)

What show?

azaghal1981

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2013, 05:08:38 pm »
And you were well within your right. Nice work, kind sir.
Anyone who would pick Boilermaker over Mouth Breather deserves a broken bottle over the head and a faceful of David Yow's naked crotch.

Rhett swore Boilermaker was the better Jesus Lizard song, when clearly it's Mouth Breather, so I brained him with a bottle.

lol wat
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 05:10:57 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد

killsaly

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2013, 12:17:59 pm »
End of the tour?
http://blogs.citypaper.com/noise/index.php/2013/05/toots-hibbert-talks-bottle-throwing-incident-at-the-hamilton/
Throughout an intimate acoustic performance with his band The Maytals Wednesday night at DC?s The Hamilton, 70-year-old reggae icon Toots Hibbert spoke of last week?s incident (http://www.wric.com/story/22291501/bottle-hits-lead-act-at-saturday-night-riverrock-concert) in Richmond where a fan hurled a glass bottle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RglIaFrQQ7k&feature=player_detailpage#t=133s) at the singer?s head. Though still jovial and engaging Wednesday, it was obvious that Hibbert is still reeling from the assault. The singer received 5 staples in his head to treat a cut wound. Police arrested 19-year-old William C. Lewis for the incident, charging him with aggravated assault and public intoxication.

According to Hibbert, he encountered Lewis after the incident. ?I didn?t hear much of what he said, but I thought I heard ?because I love your music?,? he said jokingly of the apparent encounter and the teen?s motive.

Throughout the evening, in which Hibbert shared anecdotes with the audience about his catalog and career, the longtime frontman complained of continuing pain in his head, also stating repeatedly that the performance could be the last of his tour, as he needs to go home to Jamaica for additional medical attention to his ?brain and head.? Toots and the Maytals? current acoustic tour is slated for nine more stops on the East Coast.

?Tonight may be my last show because of my head,? Hibberts said, causing a minor uproar among the audience. ?I mean of this tour,? he quickly added.

?I will always be touring,? he said with a smile.