Author Topic: Edward Snowden Playlist  (Read 33919 times)

James Ford

Re: Edward Snowden Playlist
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2013, 08:04:08 pm »
did you read the article I'm referring to?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/tracking-edward-snowden-from-a-maryland-classroom-to-a-hong-kong-hotel/2013/06/15/420aedd8-d44d-11e2-b05f-3ea3f0e7bb5a_story.html

Speaking for myself (and maybe my wife to some extent) from reading the long personal bio in the Post, he seems like a bit of a narcissistic, attention seeking dick more than someone out to do any great deeds for humanity (ok, go ahead and cue the comments about that sounding like a James Ford description, I can probably name the people who are racing to type that). But who knows...

My wife wanted to know if there's a song called "I'm Such an Asshole".

because of releasing the information about the surveillance program, or because he ran out on his GF?

(serious question, i don't get why he's an a-hole...)

not even you can be such a moron to think the media is giving you unbiased coverage of US government public enemy #1....

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2013, 09:17:53 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs
(o|o)

hutch

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2013, 11:54:39 pm »
did you read the article I'm referring to?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/tracking-edward-snowden-from-a-maryland-classroom-to-a-hong-kong-hotel/2013/06/15/420aedd8-d44d-11e2-b05f-3ea3f0e7bb5a_story.html

Speaking for myself (and maybe my wife to some extent) from reading the long personal bio in the Post, he seems like a bit of a narcissistic, attention seeking dick more than someone out to do any great deeds for humanity (ok, go ahead and cue the comments about that sounding like a James Ford description, I can probably name the people who are racing to type that). But who knows...

because of releasing the information about the surveillance program, or because he ran out on his GF?

(serious question, i don't get why he's an a-hole...)

not even you can be such a moron to think the media is giving you unbiased coverage of US government public enemy #1....

yeah yeah... rule number one: discredit the messenger ..focus on that..forget about the message...forget about what he is saying.... THAT is not important...... I guess it works for the Kardashian world the sheeple live in... after all its what is interesting to you about the whole thing? the fact that the guy is an asshole..THAT is what interests you... what he is saying? who cares man.

the NSA has had to admit, after lying, that what this guy- whether he is unsavory or not I haven't a clue or much interest- says happens to be correct.. if people don't find it troubling that their phone calls are being listened to without so much as a warrant or that their internet activity, etc. is being kept track of.... well, then what the fuck can one say? its like Iraq all over again...people being lied to, made afraid (if we don't spy on you- legally of course (ha ha)) in order for the government to do what it wants and the law and constitution be damned...

China is having a good laugh as is much of the world  about America's hypocrisy.. and the US has the nerve to tell China to hand him over.... they're still fucking laughing over there and in Russia....

if someone told us China was secretly recording everything and listening to everyone we'd be like "OH well they don't have freedom there.. what do you fucking expect?" but when it happens over here...

slappy

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2013, 12:14:50 am »
Snow - Informer
youtube.com/watch?v=Byh5k-m2SqI

A Licky boom-boom down.

azaghal1981

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2013, 02:25:10 am »
Oh duh.
There was even a parody of this done about him.

Snow - Informer
youtube.com/watch?v=Byh5k-m2SqI

A Licky boom-boom down.

And Hutch, while I am totally with you on this, I did call this the "Snowden Playlist Thread" in Rhett's defense.
But at least he could have put forth the effort to find a song to add.
He could have gone the painfully obvious Leary route as displayed above or he could have used this classic Beck track.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 02:30:06 am by azaghal1981 »
احمد

stevewizzle

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2013, 07:40:58 am »
China is having a good laugh as is much of the world  about America's hypocrisy.. and the US has the nerve to tell China to hand him over.... they're still fucking laughing over there and in Russia....

if someone told us China was secretly recording everything and listening to everyone we'd be like "OH well they don't have freedom there.. what do you fucking expect?" but when it happens over here...

not to mention this came out during xi jingping's first visit to US to meet with Barry

James Ford

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2013, 08:05:48 am »
I'll admit, I didn't put much thought into posting my wife's off the cuff response to the title of this thread. i'll also admit, I didn't sit around and think deeply about what song titles I should pick to post in this thread, to make sure they agree with Ahmad's opinions and focus on the aspects that Hutch deems appropriate.

I would think that our freedom of speech (and lack of mention in the forum rules) would allow us to post an off the cuff comment like that without having to fear the retribution of namecalling and condescending lecturing. But I guess I thought wrong.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2013, 08:20:07 am »
While I agree with you name calling is rampant on this forum, all of us need to look in the mirror on the issue.  Of course hm just hope you recognize the reflection as you never know with the NSA these days.
T.Rex

stevewizzle

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2013, 08:27:05 am »
beatles- back in the USSR

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2013, 08:52:20 am »
The Sweet Vandals - Our Leaders Are Liars
T.Rex

killsaly

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2013, 09:30:10 am »
 Paul McCartney - Spies Like Us

James Ford

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2013, 09:35:10 am »
Eddie Money- Two Tickets to Paradise

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2013, 12:42:39 pm »
I would think that our freedom of speech (and lack of mention in the forum rules) would allow us to post an off the cuff comment like that without having to fear the retribution of namecalling and condescending lecturing. But I guess I thought wrong.

uh, freedom of speech has nothing to do with freedom from name-calling.  in fact, it's freedom of speech that ensures the right to name-call ;D
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2013, 01:48:40 pm »
Journey-Escape
Journey-Separate Ways
Journey- Open Arms

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2013, 01:51:58 pm »
Journey-Escape
Journey-Separate Ways
Journey- Open Arms

oh jeebus for a second there i thought this was the just announced thread.