Author Topic: Edward Snowden Playlist  (Read 33918 times)

atomicfront

Re: Edward Snowden Playlist
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2013, 02:43:40 pm »

He broke the law so he deserves to go to jail.  I think 3 or 4 years would be appropiate punishment.  Whether he agreed with a government policy is irrelevant as he agreed to keep the details secret when he got his clearance.  Everyone should know that the government is recording calls after 9/11.

I don't know why people are defending the guy.  Like I said this is why you don't hire guys who didn't graduate high school. 

azaghal1981

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2013, 03:02:11 pm »
I don't think anyone disagrees that he broke the law. It is called civil disobedience. But charging him with espionage is absurd and was done specifically to send a message to any possible future whistleblowers. Same with Manning.

احمد

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2013, 03:43:25 pm »

He broke the law so he deserves to go to jail.

So you would have thrown Rosa Parks in jail? Even high school dropouts know that's wrong.
😐 🎶

James Ford

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2013, 04:07:47 pm »
If I was black, I'd punch you in the face for that comment.

So you would have thrown Rosa Parks in jail? Even high school dropouts know that's wrong.

atomicfront

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2013, 04:11:17 pm »

So you believe laws protecting national security are wrong and are comparable to racism in the US South in the 1960's? 

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2013, 04:26:13 pm »

So you believe laws protecting national security are wrong and are comparable to racism in the US South in the 1960's? 

My question wasn't about national security. It was about whether or not all law breaking should be punished. Rosa Parks broke the law. Should she have been punished?
😐 🎶

Got Haggis?

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2013, 04:43:23 pm »
I think there is a good chance he is a sociopath.  why grant all those interviews?  very strange for a whistleblower.  Claims he did it so the NSA wouldn't off him....not so sure that is the real reason.

I'm conflicted...on one hand we need to know about stuff like this...but on the other hand....could have been handled better.   

I also think its very strange that he talks about freedom, yet goes to 2 of the most restrictive countries ever when it comes to free speech.

I will say that it appears he did a much better job than Manning...who probably deserves everything he has coming to him.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2013, 04:52:40 pm »
it makes good television

end of story

azaghal1981

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2013, 05:02:02 pm »
His choice was to either go to a country that restricts free speech/would not extradite him or go to a freer country that would. I would go with the former in his position, too.

And what law that protects national security did he violate again? Any idiot could realize that the espionage charges are bullshit.

احمد

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2013, 05:04:16 pm »
And creates a distration for the real issue at hand and gives blowhards like Graham a soapbox to stand on.  There is a reason we have pesky things called courts...
T.Rex

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2013, 05:04:29 pm »
it will make a great movie

this thread aint down with opp (original posters product)

azaghal1981

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2013, 05:08:33 pm »
It started so well too.
احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2013, 05:16:23 pm »
Forgot to address this earlier. He did one interview with Greenwald/Poitras and one AMA with the Guardian. What about that makes him a sociopath? Is he not entitled to say his piece at all?
And yeah, if he did not out himself, he probably would have disappeared forever already.

Edit: I guess there were a couple others. Still, that does not change the fact that he has a right to say his piece.

I think there is a good chance he is a sociopath.  why grant all those interviews?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 05:26:24 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد

killsaly

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2013, 05:30:05 pm »
NSA featuring RuPaul - Computer Love

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2013, 05:32:57 pm »
here azag, let us get this ship of shit back out of shallow seas

prince  -  america

kiss  -  get away