Author Topic: Lana Del Rey's "Born to die" best album of all time? Discuss  (Read 7158 times)

atomicfront

I was in Soundgarden in Fells Point after a few brews this weekend and they had Lana Del Rey's "Born to Die" on and I was like this is the best album of all time.  And I was singing along at the register.  I figured the guy behind the counter was the one who played it but he showed no emotion but then I turned and the other cashier was singing along.  And I was like maybe not everyone in the world thinks the same but maybe a few do.  I mean how many masterpieces can one album contain.   My wife did say the lyrics on "National Anthem" weren't the best.  But whatever I can handle one song having dumb lyrics.

Also I was playing Abba's double album singles collection yesterday and thought man the 70's were a great time for music.  Donna Summer, Bee Gees and ABBA, KC and the Sunshine Band ... great music and you could dance to it.  I guess the 80's with New Order, Depeche Mode, and the Cure wasn't bad either but I mean for good times 70's were where it was at.

Yada

Re: Lana Del Rey's "Born to die" best album of all time? Discuss
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 12:04:24 pm »
atomicfront = walky

James Ford

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 12:17:28 pm »
When I lived in Chapel Hill for a year, I used to get my hair cut at the same salon as KC.

atomicfront

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 12:26:01 pm »
When I lived in Chapel Hill for a year, I used to get my hair cut at the same salon as KC.

Did you say "Give me the KC"?

James Ford

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 12:31:57 pm »
I actually said give me the Clooney. It was 1996-7.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPCH3QbFq_s

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 02:06:28 pm »
atomicfront = walky

when i think best album of all time, i think pink floyd the wall or prince purple rain, maybe even dead kennedys plastic surgery disasters, or even flaming lips soft bulletin.  i like lana, but she, and anybody else that is so "new" to the scene, cannot have "best album ever."  that is what i think.  plus, once you really get over the initial excitement of that lana album, you will realize that one of her glaring weaknesses is that she can not finish a song and tends to be relying on too much repetition.  but her voice is up there along side of bjork and karin, i n my opinion, so if she just tinkers with the writing, she willing do fine on her next major album.

stevewizzle

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 09:49:02 pm »
I was in... and I was like ....  And I was singing ....  I figured ... I turned ....  And I was like ....  I mean .... I can....

Also I was playing....  I guess ...I mean....

you sound like a 12 year old.

atomicfront

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 11:10:46 pm »
I was in... and I was like ....  And I was singing ....  I figured ... I turned ....  And I was like ....  I mean .... I can....

What does that have to do with the whether born to die is the best album of all time?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 05:44:54 am »
if auto tuned vocals and overly repetitive trite lyrics are the makings of the best album of all time...
T.Rex

atomicfront

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 09:31:12 am »
if auto tuned vocals and overly repetitive trite lyrics are the makings of the best album of all time...

Then you pick the most dated album of all time as the best one.  And she doesn't auto tune.  Maybe you are thinking of someone else.   You probably have never even listened to her album.  At least I have listened to the Love album before saying it is boring and annoying.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 09:35:54 am by atomicfront »

stevewizzle

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 09:59:06 am »

What does that have to do with the whether born to die is the best album of all time?

because i think your 12 years old and i wouldnt have a discussion with a 12 year old about what is and isn't the best album of all time.

bearman🐻

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 10:04:10 am »
There's no such thing as a best album. Or best song. Or best painting. Or best book. A favorite LP is whatever you decide it is in a particular moment in time, but ideally it should change over time to reflect some growth one has as an adult. Ultimately it's entirely based on personal taste. But that doesn't mean that your favorite album is the "best" or your choice is more valid than someone else's.  

stevewizzle

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2013, 10:31:05 am »
^^

/end thread

atomicfront

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2013, 10:36:05 am »
There's no such thing as a best album. Or best song. Or best painting. Or best book. A favorite LP is whatever you decide it is in a particular moment in time, but ideally it should change over time to reflect some growth one has as an adult. Ultimately it's entirely based on personal taste. But that doesn't mean that your favorite album is the "best" or your choice is more valid than someone else's.  

It is the best album ever IMHO. 

hutch

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2013, 10:41:07 am »
KC and the Sunshine Band rule... they never got the respect but there some similarities between them and the JBs in what they were doing....

one wonders if Casey wasn't white if it would have made any difference... I'm always sad I didn't go to their RHL show a few years ago.. that was stupid.