Author Topic: Since the gun ban has been reversed...  (Read 120482 times)

sonickteam2

  • Guest
Re: Since the gun ban has been reversed...
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 03:01:00 pm »
this reminds me of my favourite Chris Rock quote:
 
  "Don't go to parties with metal detectors. Sure, it feels safe inside. But what about all those nig&*#s waiting outside with guns? They know you ain't got one."

TheREALHunter

  • Member
  • Posts: 1382
Re: Since the gun ban has been reversed...
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2008, 03:03:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by sweetcell:
   
Quote
Originally posted by TheREALHunter:
 Let me know how that golf club and your threatening voice works if you ever are unfortunate enough to be the victim of a home invasion.
tell me, how often have you been invaded?  and if you were invaded, how many people did you kill? [/b]
Your scenario is irrelevant, it's called being prepared. Feel free to give up your right to properly defend yourself but I have no respect for those who would legally impose it on others.

sonickteam2

  • Guest
Re: Since the gun ban has been reversed...
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2008, 03:03:00 pm »
maybe we should outlaw golf clubs
 
  linky link

sonickteam2

  • Guest
Re: Since the gun ban has been reversed...
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2008, 03:04:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by TheREALHunter:
   
Quote
Originally posted by sweetcell:
   
Quote
Originally posted by TheREALHunter:
 Let me know how that golf club and your threatening voice works if you ever are unfortunate enough to be the victim of a home invasion.
tell me, how often have you been invaded?  and if you were invaded, how many people did you kill? [/b]
Your scenario is irrelevant, it's called being prepared. Feel free to give up your right to properly defend yourself but I have no respect for those who would legally impose it on others. [/b]
that was YOUR scenario, actually, since we seem to be keeping score now.

TheREALHunter

  • Member
  • Posts: 1382
Re: Since the gun ban has been reversed...
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2008, 03:08:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by Erinaceous Sonickus:
   
Quote
Originally posted by TheREALHunter:
   
Quote
Originally posted by sweetcell:
     
Quote
Originally posted by TheREALHunter:
 Let me know how that golf club and your threatening voice works if you ever are unfortunate enough to be the victim of a home invasion.
tell me, how often have you been invaded?  and if you were invaded, how many people did you kill? [/b]
Your scenario is irrelevant, it's called being prepared. Feel free to give up your right to properly defend yourself but I have no respect for those who would legally impose it on others. [/b]
that was YOUR scenario, actually, since we seem to be keeping score now. [/b]
Well...someone who shouldn't be in your home may warrant self-defense I know that's a toughie to grasp HAHA

Shadrach

  • Guest
Re: Since the gun ban has been reversed...
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2008, 03:27:00 pm »
I don't defend the "need" for citizens to own guns, but I do defend their "right" to do so under the constitution. I also feel that the laws regulating the sale and ownership of guns should be ridiculously strict and enforced with outrageous penalties for the use of a gun while committing a crime.

edbert

  • Member
  • Posts: 586
Re: Since the gun ban has been reversed...
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2008, 03:34:00 pm »
Quote
Let me know how that golf club and your threatening voice works if you ever are unfortunate enough to be the victim of a home invasion.
Isn't "home invasion" one of those trick fear phrases like "partial birth abortion"? What really happens is that a robber breaks into your place when you're not there, takes the handgun you bought for the home invasion scenario, and sells it to a criminal on the black market. This is how most of the guns in the hands of criminals got there

TheREALHunter

  • Member
  • Posts: 1382
Re: Since the gun ban has been reversed...
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2008, 03:39:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by edbert:
   
Quote
Let me know how that golf club and your threatening voice works if you ever are unfortunate enough to be the victim of a home invasion.
Isn't "home invasion" one of those trick fear phrases like "partial birth abortion"? What really happens is that a robber breaks into your place when you're not there, takes the handgun you bought for the home invasion scenario, and sells it to a criminal on the black market. This is how most of the guns in the hands of criminals got there [/b]
Explain it away all you want, I'm just glad anti-gun folks, like anti-choicers are in the minority.

sonickteam2

  • Guest
Re: Since the gun ban has been reversed...
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2008, 04:16:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by TheREALHunter:
  Explain it away all you want, I'm just glad anti-gun folks, like anti-choicers are in the minority.
you mean ant-gun supreme court justices.

sweetcell

  • Member
  • Posts: 21442
  • I don't belong here.
Re: Since the gun ban has been reversed...
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2008, 04:45:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by TheREALHunter:
 anti-gun folks (..) are in the minority.
i'm curious - anyone got any numbers to back up this statement?
<sig>

vansmack

  • Member
  • Posts: 19716
Re: Since the gun ban has been reversed...
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2008, 04:46:00 pm »
There's a huge difference between being anit-gun and being anti-handgun.
27>34

HoyaSaxa03

  • Member
  • Posts: 7053
Re: Since the gun ban has been reversed...
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2008, 04:53:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by vansmack:
   
Quote
Originally posted by pdx pollard:
   http://www.slate.com/id/2193813/entry/2194311/  
 
   
Hey!  Excellent, but don't forget the best part of that quote:
 
   
Quote
But I must first pass along this rather brilliant observation from professor Stephen Wermiel from American University, who wonders why none of the dissenters cautioned the majority that today's decision "will almost certainly cause more Americans to be killed."
 (Boumediene, Scalia, J. dissenting.)
 
[/b]
wermiel was my con-law professor, really brilliant and witty guy
 
 i worked on gun control issues throughout college and i dreaded this decision ever since the DC circuit took this case and it was assigned to a panel with Silberman ... if gore or kerry had been elected this never would have happened
 
 that said, the majority opinion is incredibly well-written ... it's undoubtedly scalia's chef-d'oeuvre and the opinion he's waited his whole career to write: a compelling originalist take on a little-examined (at least in federal courts) constitutional amendment .... he (a little too) conveniently sweeps aside past precedent like Miller, and has the opportunity to press reset, wipe the slate clean, and start building an entire jurisprudential structure in a way he could never do with more frequently litigated constitutional issues ... this is the first of many cases that will build on his foundation
(o|o)

Relaxer

  • Member
  • Posts: 5409
Re: Since the gun ban has been reversed...
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2008, 04:54:00 pm »
<img src="http://re3.yt-thm-a01.yimg.com/image/25/m7/3883716801" alt=" - " />
 
 You're gonna have to pry this out of my cold dead fingers
oword

HoyaSaxa03

  • Member
  • Posts: 7053
Re: Since the gun ban has been reversed...
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2008, 05:03:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by sweetcell:
   
Quote
Originally posted by TheREALHunter:
 anti-gun folks (..) are in the minority.
i'm curious - anyone got any numbers to back up this statement? [/b]
"anti-gun" is such a red herring ... "anti-gun" opinion ranges from people who want all guns outlawed (a tiny minority) to those who want handguns outlawed (a larger minority), to those who want licensing and registration requirements (like cars), to those who just want guns to have common-sense safety mechanisms like trigger locks, magazine disconnect safeties, and loaded-chamber indicators (every consumer product other than guns and ammunition is regulated by the CPSC and has to be "safe")
 
 the only public opinion statistics that i know off the top of my head is that opinion polls consistently place support for common sense safety measures like the ones i mentioned at over 70-80% of the american public
(o|o)

HoyaSaxa03

  • Member
  • Posts: 7053
Re: Since the gun ban has been reversed...
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2008, 05:05:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by Relaxer:
   <img src="http://re3.yt-thm-a01.yimg.com/image/25/m7/3883716801" alt=" - " />
 
 You're gonna have to pry this out of my cold dead fingers
think of how many safety mechanisms (mandated by the government) are built into that little bastard
(o|o)