Author Topic: Since the gun ban has been reversed...  (Read 123882 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: Since the gun ban has been reversed...
« Reply #300 on: May 28, 2012, 01:11:24 pm »
no zombie . . . just lots and lots and lots of cocaine!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #301 on: May 28, 2012, 01:24:11 pm »
no zombie . . . just lots and lots and lots of cocaine!

same difference?
<sig>

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #302 on: May 29, 2012, 10:34:07 am »
http://news.yahoo.com/miami-police-kill-naked-man-bit-off-victims-161203612.html
ummm...

This is a clear warning of a zombie outbreak that slipped past government censors.  Begin readying contingency plans.
(o|o)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #303 on: May 31, 2012, 08:38:55 pm »

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #304 on: June 01, 2012, 09:53:38 am »
I have my lobo sharpened and am preparing to head for my undisclosed fortified location.
(o|o)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #306 on: June 01, 2012, 01:51:25 pm »
NOTHING TO SEE HERE.  Move along now.
(o|o)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #307 on: June 06, 2012, 12:43:56 am »
ok, now The Man's attempts at denying the obvious truth are becoming just  pathetic:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/01/cdc-denies-zombies-existence_n_1562141.html
<sig>

i am gay and i like cats

slappy

« Reply #309 on: December 16, 2012, 04:31:29 pm »
Originally posted by Erinaceous Sonickus:
  i'm just surprised that a pro-gunner is even computer literate enough to converse in one of these here high tech chat rooms!
Actually, pro-gunners tend to be frightened, insecure people, which is why you find so many of them on the internet, where they feel anonymous.  It must be a sad feeling to feel unsafe without a gun.

I think of the typical urban/suburban pro-gunner as a Bernard Goetz type, a pencil-neck geek carrying around a lifetime of supressed rage, who reacted to a mugging on the NYC subway by opening fire and emptying his gun into his would-be attackers on a fully loaded subway while they were sitting down, risking the lives of innocents.  He approached one of them, already lying down and wounded, and said "You don't look too bad; here's another," before shooting him again.  In short, Goetz was trying to kill solely to fulfill his own macho fantasies built on extreme lack of self-esteem.

The one person I've ever known to own an assault rifle was a guy filled with anger at the world who still lived with his mom despite being 35.  I was sure we'd someday read about him going berzerk at someone's school.

Anyone who actually pays attention to gun crime in the District, rather than cowering in their bedroom in fear of fictional home invasions, knows that the overwhelming majority of gun crimes here are related to the drug trade.  If you are not involved in the drug trade, your biggest risk of getting shot is a stray bullet -- a risk that adding Bernard Goetz types to the mix will only increase.   We're all better off if such people stay at home with their moms in their gated communities, cradling their weapons in fear.

Bump for accurate prediction.
Although I wish it stayed on Zombies.

atomicfront

« Reply #310 on: December 17, 2012, 02:47:40 pm »
  i'm just surprised that a pro-gunner is even computer literate enough to converse in one of these here high tech chat rooms!
Actually, pro-gunners tend to be frightened, insecure people, which is why you find so many of them on the internet, where they feel anonymous.  It must be a sad feeling to feel unsafe without a gun.

I think of the typical urban/suburban pro-gunner as a Bernard Goetz type, a pencil-neck geek carrying around a lifetime of supressed rage, who reacted to a mugging on the NYC subway by opening fire and emptying his gun into his would-be attackers on a fully loaded subway while they were sitting down, risking the lives of innocents.  He approached one of them, already lying down and wounded, and said "You don't look too bad; here's another," before shooting him again.  In short, Goetz was trying to kill solely to fulfill his own macho fantasies built on extreme lack of self-esteem.

The one person I've ever known to own an assault rifle was a guy filled with anger at the world who still lived with his mom despite being 35.  I was sure we'd someday read about him going berzerk at someone's school.

Anyone who actually pays attention to gun crime in the District, rather than cowering in their bedroom in fear of fictional home invasions, knows that the overwhelming majority of gun crimes here are related to the drug trade.  If you are not involved in the drug trade, your biggest risk of getting shot is a stray bullet -- a risk that adding Bernard Goetz types to the mix will only increase.   We're all better off if such people stay at home with their moms in their gated communities, cradling their weapons in fear.

going back to the original comment I think that there are a ton of shootings in US cities that are unrelated to drug trade. I think that people try and make themselves feel more secure by saying it is drug crimes and the police put crimes they can't solve into that bucket so they get less anquish from the public.

if drugs trade was the reason for the shooting than legalize drugs and problem solved.  But that isn't true at all. 

I feel safer when people do not have guns.  Maybe some people feel safer with guns.  I am a big guy 6'2 220lbs so maybe I don't see it from the small guys view.  I am certainly never scared of an unarmed person in any situation.    Maybe a small guy feels like he is in danger all the time.  I doubt any small guys will come forward and tell things from their point of view though. 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #311 on: December 17, 2012, 03:22:57 pm »
zombies . . . or end of thread.

can you believe that the walking dead, won video game of the year?!

Relaxer

« Reply #312 on: December 17, 2012, 04:05:41 pm »
zombies . . . or end of thread.

can you believe that the walking dead, won video game of the year?!

According to whom exactly? AMC?
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #313 on: December 17, 2012, 04:16:08 pm »
Oh, I just checked and in fact this prestigious award to a game based on a cable network show was granted by another cable network. God that is some nice synergy there. Similar to the synergy inherent in a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich. It's no coincidence that all of those delightful flavors join together to make something higher. Anyway, I haven't seen the Walking Dead game but from what I've heard, it's very well done.
oword

slappy

« Reply #314 on: December 17, 2012, 05:42:57 pm »

going back to the original comment I think that there are a ton of shootings in US cities that are unrelated to drug trade. I think that people try and make themselves feel more secure by saying it is drug crimes and the police put crimes they can't solve into that bucket so they get less anquish from the public.

if drugs trade was the reason for the shooting than legalize drugs and problem solved.  But that isn't true at all. 

I feel safer when people do not have guns.  Maybe some people feel safer with guns.  I am a big guy 6'2 220lbs so maybe I don't see it from the small guys view.  I am certainly never scared of an unarmed person in any situation. Maybe a small guy feels like he is in danger all the time.  I doubt any small guys will come forward and tell things from their point of view though. 

Well, I'm 5'11'' at 185, so smaller than you, and completely agree with you. In addition, I always have 'feets don't fail me now' and I'm not afraid to use 'em!

I was robbed in high school a few blocks from ye olde 9:30 club one night by a guy with a sawed off shotgun pointed at my temple. I've always felt safer in the majority of clubs I frequent than outside.

The undeniable fact is innocent people always get killed in any form of mutually assured destruction schemes.