Author Topic: Lincoln Theatre question  (Read 11027 times)

Bags

Lincoln Theatre question
« on: July 09, 2013, 05:20:14 pm »
Okay, neighborhood gentrification discussion aside, any idea how IMP is going to sell Lincoln Theatre shows?  As it's a seated venue, will it still be GA, or sold by seat?  Just wondering...I may be checking out one of those singer-songwriter types.

PS, this "theatre" instead of theater bugs the shit out of me.  And I think nearly every theater in DC does it.  Get over....

hutch

Re: Lincoln Theatre question
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 05:36:55 pm »
Okay, neighborhood gentrification discussion aside, any idea how IMP is going to sell Lincoln Theatre shows?  As it's a seated venue, will it still be GA, or sold by seat?  Just wondering...I may be checking out one of those singer-songwriter types.

PS, this "theatre" instead of theater bugs the shit out of me.  And I think nearly every theater in DC does it.  Get over....

damn it bags, never known you to get so worked up! i like the fire!

;D

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 06:13:47 pm »
it is theatre . . . so you get over it.  theatre demands respect, damn you.  you hear me . . . fucking respect.  they were there for us long before this over produced bullshit called theater entertainment nowadays.  they burned the candles on our faces keeping the dreams alive through wars and depressions and scandals and deaths.  they are our heritage and they are our greatest creative invention next to music itself.  and you will sit, and you will enjoy it in the theatre.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 08:09:01 pm »
😐 🎶

Vas Deferens

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 12:18:57 am »
reserved seating?

there's a seating chart (click on venue map)

http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/316169/
(_|_)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 12:15:58 pm »
As it's a seated venue, will it still be GA, or sold by seat?

Depends if its a "balck act" or not.

Bags

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 12:41:42 pm »
As it's a seated venue, will it still be GA, or sold by seat?

Depends if its a "balck act" or not.
I shouldn't laugh, but that was frickin' funny.

hutch

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 12:46:33 pm »
laugh all you want but a few days after the announcement of the whitest lineup possible, the article in the city paper, etc.. seth did announce a "balck act"  named Chuck D.

atomicfront

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 12:50:28 pm »
laugh all you want but a few days after the announcement of the whitest lineup possible, the article in the city paper, etc.. seth did announce a "balck act"  named Chuck D.

You and the City Paper got Seth to integrate the Theatre. 

hutch

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 12:53:15 pm »

I can't take the credit.. I think they realized they had made a serious mistake and placed a quick call.. can't blame them.

atomicfront

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 12:56:48 pm »

I can't take the credit.. I think they realized they had made a serious mistake and placed a quick call.. can't blame them.

I don't think they think they made a mistake.  I assume they thought it was a distraction that they didn't need.  Booking people because of their race isn't a good idea IMHO.

hutch

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 01:05:42 pm »

I don't think they think they made a mistake.  I assume they thought it was a distraction that they didn't need.  Booking people because of their race isn't a good idea IMHO.

"distraction", "mistake"...whatever..

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 04:57:58 pm »
Chuck D is at Howard

atomicfront

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 04:59:40 pm »
Chuck D is at Howard

Hilarious.  Anyway why doesn't the City Paper write an article about Howard never books any country bands and that makes them racist.

hutch

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 05:11:46 pm »
Chuck D is at Howard

Hilarious.  Anyway why doesn't the City Paper write an article about Howard never books any country bands and that makes them racist.

You'd have to ask them I suppose? How would I know? Am I like a spokesperson for the frickin' Howard? I've been there twice in my life! I know they book a lot of white ,black, hispanic and now ethiopian acts...that's about it.